Page 12 of 25 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Thread: Chas Dingle (Lucy Pargeter)

I hope this "Stalker" Brings Chas & James back together, he soooo doesnt suit being with that Emma. TPTB, Need to give Bill Ward a chance and give him much better stories. JMOP

Quote Originally Posted by Serena Williams View Post
    I admit I immediately suspect that I hope the writers are less predictable. Emma hates Chas though but now I am starting to wonder if it could be Chrissie.
    or lachlan

3. The Following User Says Thank You to lizann For This Useful Post:

maidmarian (06-10-2015)

Chas Dingle will be left terrified next week as it becomes apparent that someone is stalking her.

Chas (Lucy Pargeter) will find her troubles going from bad to worse after she lies during a police reconstruction of Robert Sugden's shooting and her son Aaron is later arrested.

The latest problem for Chas kicks off when she wakes up disorientated in the night and notices that her wardrobe has been left open with half the contents strewn around the floor.

As the Dingles rally around her following Aaron's arrest, Chas is delivered some harsh words by an angry Diane, who warns that she'll never be able to forgive her for not telling the truth during the reconstruction.

Chas also manages to get on the wrong side of Emma Barton once again as she seethes with jealousy after witnessing James comforting her.

Later that night, Chas awakes again and immediately senses something isn't right, before she heads downstairs and steps on some broken glass.

Seeing that there are smashed bottles and optics everywhere, Chas begins to shake as she fears that she is being targeted. Who is stalking her and why?

Emmerdale airs these scenes next week on ITV.

Emma and Chas argue on Tuesday 13th October, Aaron is arrested for gun possession on Thursday 15th, then Chas then starts having strange things happen in her bedroom and bar on Friday 16th October. She thinks she's been targeted by someone and suggests a stalker is following her.

The stalker suggestion sounds reasonable enough to start with. The spoilers for Friday 16th sound a bit odd though. Just how did someone get into Chas' bedroom without her noticing, and how did someone manage to get into the bar and trash glassware without her waking up in bed? Were there signs of a break-in?

Of course, Chas could have been sleepwalking and thrown her own clothes over the bedroom floor herself? As for the bar being trashed, if this was Chas too then it must have been a very deep sleep.

I wonder if this could be the sign of some sort of medical condition? We know that Chas has been under a lot of strain lately, even experiencing inner anger and turmoil which may not have been obvious to an onlooker, and the spoilers mention that she has nightmares when Aaron goes to jail. Strangely enough, the bedroom/bar issues happen on Friday 16th October, the day after Aaron gets arrested and jailed. Is this co-incidence or what?

I suppose it's possible that Chas might have started to suffer from sleepwalking, she might even have had it for some time already but the effects may have been less obvious until Aaron gets jailed.

I suppose some kind of Alzheimer-type of illness is unlikely for someone of Chas' age but these strange events involving her seem to be becoming increasingly frequent as the stress levels in her life seem to be increasing too. Maybe anything beyond simple sleepwalking is far too dark for Emmerdale to be aired at the usual time of from 7pm on ITV?

A stalker is a much simpler explanation for Chas' upcoming problems right now. Kate Oates said in a recent interview that she likes fast-paced storylines, well one involving a stalker would fit with this approach. This is also why I reckon that Robert's shooter will be found out by police during the Emmerdale 'rewind' episode (and not left as an unsolved police crime) and I am really sure anyway that Kate Oates will want to leave a 'tidy desk' when she leaves Emmerdale as Series Producer to go to Coronation Street then.

Source:
    http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/soaps/s1...d-stories.html

We know from current spoilers already though, that Chas and Aaron have a big storyline in New Year with Aaron, so this suggests that neither Chas nor Aaron are proved to shoot Robert.

I'll talk a while longer here about Chas though.

We know that the police stopped suspecting Chas to be Robert's shooter because forensics came back and said that the bullet entry direction was wrong for her and that her clothes didn't show evidence of blood-splatter, the conclusion being that she couldn't have been the person who shot him. Of course, the Emmerdale soap forensics team could be wrong or the evidence explained differently later. Emmerdale soap police have a long history of getting things wrong!

The TV footage from September suggests that Chas had already finished talking to him and had already turned and was moving away from him at the moment that the bullet entered his chest, near his heart. Chas also seemed to be her usual self when she was talking to Robert when telling him he needed to leave Emmerdale (and said more like a caring gesture rather than a threatening one?). Because of all this, plus the forensics for now, it seems very unlikely that Chas was oddly sleep-walking at the time and for her to somehow have shot Robert without her knowing about it/remembering this. Chas was earlier at Home Farm with Chrissie when Chrissie placed the gun on the lounge table, so I suppose Chas could somehow have managed to put the gun in her pocket without Chrissie realising, particularly as Chrissie was upset and had been drinking quite a bit and could have assumed that she'd put the gun back into the safe.

The most likely conclusion for now for all of this is that Robert's shooter wasn't Chas or Aaron?

Just why Aaron had a gun from anywhere remains to be seen. It really sounds like some answers will be revealed on Friday 16th October when Aaron talks to Chas when he is in jail.

wikipedia is not the most reliable of sources, but here is a quickie summary about sleepwalking for now:
    >
    Sleepwalking, also known as somnambulism or noctambulism, is a sleep disorder belonging to the parasomnia family. Sleepwalkers arise from the slow wave sleep stage in a state of low consciousness and perform activities that are usually performed during a state of full consciousness. These activities can be as benign as sitting up in bed, walking to a bathroom, and cleaning, or as hazardous as cooking, driving, violent gestures, grabbing at hallucinated objects, or even homicide.

Although generally sleepwalking cases consist of simple, repeated behaviours, there are occasionally reports of people performing complex behaviours while asleep, although their legitimacy is often disputed. Sleepwalkers often have little or no memory of the incident, as their consciousness has altered into a state in which it is harder to recall memories. Although their eyes are open, their expression is dim and glazed over. Sleepwalking may last as little as 30 seconds or as long as 30 minutes.
    >
    Source:
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sleepwalking
    Last edited by Telly Watcher; 06-10-2015 at 13:20.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Telly Watcher For This Useful Post:

binky321 (06-10-2015)

She must sleep extremely soundly not to have heard all the breaking glass and other damage. My money's on Emma - remember what she did to the doctor's place???
    Last edited by Cheetah; 06-10-2015 at 14:10.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cheetah For This Useful Post:

maidmarian (06-10-2015), Perdita (06-10-2015)

I remember the producer saying we will see Emma turn darker still and disturbed .. not really seen any of it since her meltdown in the doctor´s office ....

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

KiwiElle (10-10-2015), maidmarian (06-10-2015)

Is Emma not way too obvious

12. The Following User Says Thank You to tammyy2j For This Useful Post:

lizann (21-10-2015)

Quote Originally Posted by tammyy2j View Post
    yes she seems it for me? but then who else would have access to the pub?

last break in the door was open as Chas shut and bolted it in the end scene

but when the bar taps were on, the door had been locked by the stalker, as she had to open them to let the Dingles in?

so someone with keys? or someone staying inside when the pub shuts?

Quote Originally Posted by tammyy2j View Post
    yes she is

im thinking it could be james, he gets close to chas again and rid of emma

Quote Originally Posted by Cheetah View Post
    She must sleep extremely soundly not to have heard all the breaking glass and other damage. My money's on Emma - remember what she did to the doctor's place???
    One theory on another board is that Chas is her own stalker

16. The Following User Says Thank You to tammyy2j For This Useful Post:

maidmarian (28-10-2015)

Thread Information