Page 5 of 25 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Steve McDonald (Simon Gregson)

really i didn't think Steve would fanice her

Becky causes problems between Kelly and Lloyd so i think they break up. If Ronnie and him are fighting he might seek solace elsewhere like he did with Tracey.

I so can't see Steve and Kelly together.

I read somewhere that Steve is gonna become a womaniser once Ronnie leaves, and he was gonna go with Frankie. I just wish I can remember where I read it?

It was in Inside soap about a month ago

I think this could be true as it hinted in this week's What's On TV that a man who works at streetcars has a fling with a factory girl so this is more than likely going to be true

Yes i read that after Ronnie leaves he sleeps with Kelly then moves on to Frankie.

Steve McDonald (Simon Gregson)

Corrie star Simon Gregson is returning to work part-time tomorrow after being struck down by a mystery illness.

The actor has been off work for two weeks after being hospitalised when he felt unwell on set.

Simon, Rovers landlord Steve McDonald, is recovering at home but his absence meant filming was thrown into chaos.

Friends feared he may be off work "for some time" with the illness which has baffled doctors. But despite reports he was "really poorly", the 33-year-old was seen shopping and drove costar Craig Charles to his home in Cheshire.

A Corrie source said: "When someone is off sick the rumour mill goes into overdrive. Simon's a top bloke. We're sure he'll tell us what's been the matter."

ITV said he should be back filming this week.

From The Mirror

I hope he has not got the same mystery illness that Emmerdale's Jasck Sugden is suffering from.
    Last edited by Perdita; 23-06-2008 at 10:21.

Simon Gregson (Steve McDonald, Corrie)

Coronation Street's Steve McDonald hasn't had the best success with weddings. His first to Vicky Arden (Chloe Newsome) quickly ended in divorce; his second to Karen Phillps (Surannce Jones) occurred after Janice (Vicky Entwhistle) wagered £10 that they'd tie the knot: the third was his 'proper' wedding to Karen; the fourth was a failed attempt at marrying an inebriated Becky (Katherine Kelly); and the fifth, current attempt sees Steve - played by 34-year-old Simon Gregson - finally marry Becky in a small family service at the local register office. We recently caught up with Simon to chat about Jim and Andy's return, the aftermath of the latest nuptials, a potential comeback for Karen and how he feels about becoming a father for the second time.

How many weddings is this now?!
    "Five! It's quite boring - there's nothing worse than filming a wedding - they take forever! The longest was Steve and Karen's wedding. We filmed that over four episodes, which I believe was a telly first. It was a nightmare - freezing cold. It was a sandstone building which is basically what the first fridges were. It soaks water up and the water freezes so you've got a fridge and we were in it!"

Going to be second time lucky?
    "Yes. It all goes according to plan right up until the wedding reception when the cops storm in and then it all goes belly up from there. No-one believes she's innocent. Steve doesn't believe she's innocent. It takes Steve a while to realise the truth. As soon as [the police] burst through the door, there's an announcement about why they're there but it's just a total shock. Steve just thinks 'this can't be happening again'."

What was it like to have Charlie Lawson and Nicholas Cochrane back on set?
    "Oh, I was very excited to be working with the pair of them again. I haven't worked with Nick for a long time. I've worked with Charlie in between but not with Nick since Steve and Karen's wedding. It was good to have them back and great to work with Charlie again because he is a total nutter!"

Steve's not sure what Becky's up to at the beginning of the week, is he?
    "He thinks that she's having an affair because she's acting hugely suspicious. Slug's turned up out of the blue and even though they've already spoken to each other about it, he's wary of it all. It's her own bloody fault but as usual it's all turned round to make it look like Steven's fault!"

The stag and hen dos are a fairly quiet affair, aren't they?
    "Yeah, it's like 'let's just be sensible'. I don't know anyone who has a stag do or hen do the night before the wedding - it doesn't happen, does it? Everyone does it a week or two weeks before! It nearly kills Becky not to drink but she manages it!"

How much have you and Craig enjoyed developing Steve and Lloyd's friendship?
    "I knew Craig before he came into the show. We met a long, long time ago over in Ireland and as soon as we found out we would be working with each other, we just couldn't wait. We've become best mates now. It's just the same at work as it is when we're out! It's not like work at all while we're filming. If I look on the schedule and it's just me and Craig [in a scene], I don't even have to learn the lines - we'll just do it on set."

What happens in the aftermath of the wedding?
    "Becky's faced with prison so he's got no choice but to take Hooch on. He's a nasty b**tard, played brilliantly by Dominic Carter! Then Steve and Lloyd turn into a really bad Starsky and Hutch trying to track down Slug..."

Do you think Becky's 'the one' for Steve?
    "She's certainly keeping him young and on his toes. I think it'll last as long as it keeps him on his toes - he's not really one for settling down. When everything starts to get a bit too comfortable - slippers and pipe - he's like 'no, no, no - this is all wrong!' He doesn't have a clue when he's onto a good thing."

Do you think Steve's had a positive impact on Becky's life?
    "I think he's turned it around. She was all over the place getting into trouble all the time but he's made her grow up. And having a little girl there in Amy, that's made her grow a bit, too. She's got responsibilities now. She's besotted with him. She's still a total p*sshead, though!"

Will it ever thaw between Michelle and Steve?
    "I think that maybe she'll forgive him at some point but he was pretty bad to her. Maybe if she found someone new herself, she'll chill out."

Do you think Steve still thinks about Karen?
    "I think Karen crosses his mind every now and again. That was just like being with Boudica - how could you forget? It would be great to work with [Suranne Jones] again but she's in the real proper acting world now."

Do you enjoy the more comedic storylines or the more serious storylines?
    "Definitely the comedic ones. I don't mind doing the serious stuff at all. I mean I quite enjoy it - doing the stuff with Dominic's been really good - but the comedic stuff makes the day go quicker. When you're having a laugh and the crew are laughing and making Craig laugh, being so ridiculously slapsticky and over-the-top - I mean a lot of the stuff that doesn't go out should go out. I love doing that."

How does it feel to be a new dad again?
    "Oh, it's tremendous. The first time was amazing but this is different. You're kind of in shock for the first one - it's like 's**t! Now I've got to be dad immediately - you're here!' You do it without thinking because of the natural instinct. But the second one - I'd totally forgotten how small and fragile they are. Alfie seems massive now, even though he's still tiny. But he seems so big compared to Harry."

From Digital Spy

Great!
    I wonder if him and Karen do have a fling when she comes back? As they had intense chemistry together!

Thread Information