Page 20 of 25 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 ... LastLast

Thread: Steve McDonald (Simon Gregson)

Coronation Street’s Simon Gregson on Steve’s baby drama – “He should leave the country!”
    Coronation Street’s Simon Gregson has revealed the one piece of advice he would give his alter ego over his baby drama – leave the country quickly!
    Steve McDonald has got himself into the daddy of all dilemmas as he’s the father of Leanne Battersby’s baby and next week he finds out wife Michelle is expecting too.
    Here Simon admits Steve is in bad shape and should maybe think about doing a runner…
    How’s Steve been feeling since he found out Leanne’s pregnant? When he finds out that Leanne is pregnant, his whole world crumbles around him. He initially thought that him and Michelle were officially over, and that she was going to go. He had gone over to Leanne’s very innocently and one thing leads to another, after some drinks. They’re both in the same headspace, and they end up sleeping together. He’s feeling extremely guilty and very worried about what’s going to happen next.
    Can he handle watching her pregnancy develop? Steve is under the illusion at the moment that he will be able to handle it, but I’m sure when it comes to it, he is going to find it very difficult.
    Will he be able to let her cope alone? Steve’s not a bad guy, he is quite a sensitive chap, so he will feel guilty about that and he will want to be there for the child. But, he has to do what he thinks is right to save his marriage because he loves Michelle past the sky, and at the moment saving his marriage is at the forefront of his mind.
    How terrified is he that Michelle will find out? He’s absolutely petrified that she’s going to find out. For once everything is going great for him and Michelle, and he makes this one mistake that could jeopardise it so he’s in a bit of a quandary.
    Why has he agreed to have a baby with Michelle? He’s always wanted another baby. When he was with Becky he desperately wanted her to have a baby, and when he’s been with Michelle in the past he’s wanted a baby, because he’s never had a child out of love. It’s never been planned. So to actually have one for the right reasons is what he’s after.
    Why doesn’t he want to? Because obviously he knows about Leanne being pregnant, he doesn’t know what’s going to happen with that, and now he’s going from nobody wanting a baby, to having two new ones.
    What advice does Tim give him? He’s given him a lot of humorous advice, sometimes it’s good advice, but then on the other hand, sometimes it’s not very good at all. Tim’s more of someone to vent spleen at, rather than take advice from.
    How does he pluck up the courage to come clean to Michelle about not wanting a baby? Well Liz has been on at him about coming clean and telling Michelle because she knows how much Michelle wants a baby, and with him knowing that Leanne is pregnant as well, I think he realises that this could seriously affects things so he knows the right thing to do is to tell Michelle he doesn’t want a baby.
    How does he feel when he does? Well obviously he feels like an idiot, he’s wanted a baby for so long but now because of the news with Leanne he has to say that he doesn’t want one. He loves Michelle and when he tells her he doesn’t want a baby, Michelle is devastated. And then to make things even worse, Michelle tells him that she’s already pregnant and he just feels terrible, and is really worried about how it’s going to affect his marriage.
    What’s his first reaction? He thinks it would be absolutely mad to have a baby. He’s both very shocked, but also pleased as well; it’s a massive mixture of emotions for him. He wants the baby, but it’s difficult because of what’s happening with Leanne.
    Can he handle this? As soon as the situation with Leanne has calmed down, and Steve is convinced that it will remain a secret and everything is going to be ok, he is very happy and pleased for him and Michelle.
    What would you advise him to do? Leave the country, start again somewhere else. I’ve got three babies at home, so I don’t really want two at work, so let’s just see what happens with that. It’s going to be a cue for comedy situations, we’ve already done Steve over the edge so it is nice to play the comedy.
    Where do Steve and Michelle go from here? Hopefully, they have a happily ever after, but Steve and Michelle are very much Ross and Rachel, the audience want them to be together but he always manages to mess it up. They are on and off all the time. It’s soap land, so obviously there is going to be some huge eruption at some point.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (09-08-2016), tammyy2j (09-08-2016)

Quote Originally Posted by Perdita View Post
    Where do Steve and Michelle go from here? Hopefully, they have a happily ever after, but Steve and Michelle are very much Ross and Rachel, the audience want them to be together but he always manages to mess it up. They are on and off all the time. It’s soap land, so obviously there is going to be some huge eruption at some point.
    Are the whole Corrie team deluded, or are they still desperately trying to persuade us viewers that we love Steve and Michelle together?
    Last edited by Dazzle; 09-08-2016 at 13:30.

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Dazzle For This Useful Post:

lizann (09-08-2016), parkerman (09-08-2016), Perdita (09-08-2016), tammyy2j (09-08-2016)

Quote Originally Posted by Dazzle View Post
    Are the whole Corrie team deluded, or are they still desperately trying to persuade us viewers that we love Steve and Michelle together?
    Yes very deluded

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to tammyy2j For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (09-08-2016), lizann (09-08-2016), Perdita (09-08-2016)

From the Coronation Street Spoilers Facebook page:

It has been revealed that Steve McDonald is set to receive a life - changing medical diagnosis – which could have devastating implications for both his babies.
    A new storyline will see Steve be told he might have Myotonic Dystrophy, a genetic disorder inherited from his dad – Jim McDonald.
    And to make matters worse, Michelle’s beau is forced to come to terms with the fact he could have passed the progressive muscle wasting condition onto both of his unborn babies.
    An insider revealed: “Steve’s life was thrown into complete chaos when he discovered he had impregnated his missus – and a woman who isn’t his missus.
    “And viewers will soon see Steve suffer even further when he is told he could have Myotonic Dystrophy – a disorder which could ultimately be life-threatening.
    “Obviously the impact of the disorder on him would be huge if he has it but as it’s genetic both his babies with Michelle and Leanne could have it too.”
    Jim will call his Steve to say he has the disease and that there’s a chance he could have it too.
    Steve will then be forced to tell Michelle that he thinks he has Myotonic Dystrophy – and that their baby is at risk too.
    But things get awkward when Michelle confides in her new pal Leanne about her baby fears – not realising she’s carrying Steve’s baby too.
    A source added: “This story could be the tipping point for Leanne and force her to reveal that Steve’s the father of her baby.”

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to tammyy2j For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (15-09-2016), Glen1 (15-09-2016), lizann (15-09-2016), Perdita (15-09-2016)

Will this not affect Amy too?

Quote Originally Posted by Snagglepus View Post
    Yes, affects male and females

Quote Originally Posted by Snagglepus View Post
    What is she is not Steve's daughter

Did the doctors ask Jim to tell his sons? Will he be released from prison on medical grounds? I expect not. Anyway another stupid storyline and I expect more over this next 9 months.
    People can be carriers but not have it themselves and not necessary that their children will have it either. I am no expert but we have a life threatening illness in the family and it's only affected one person. We did not know we had it until that point.

Did the doctors ask Jim to tell his sons? Will he be released from prison on medical grounds? I expect not. Anyway another stupid storyline and I expect more over this next 9 months.
    People can be carriers but not have it themselves and not necessary that their children will have it either. I am no expert but we have a life threatening illness in the family and it's only affected one person. We did not know we had it until that point.

Quote Originally Posted by swmc66 View Post
    Actually myotonic dystrophy is a dominant inherited disorder which means if one parent has it then there is a 50% chance that a child will inherit it. If it turns out Steve hasn't inherited it there's no chance that any of he's children will. For Jim to have inherited it one of Jim's parents must have had it. You can only be a carrier of a particular allele (variation of a gene, my lecturers wouldn't be very happy if I used the wrong term ��) if it is recessive, which this disease is not.

Thread Information