Page 7 of 25 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Thread: Steve McDonald (Simon Gregson)

To be fair Steve hasn't had many interesting storylines since Becky left. They just stuck him with Michelle and Kym's bad acting has rubbed of on him. Maybe they should have paired him with Leanne instead. The writers need to make up their mind is Steve to be a comic character or a street baddie, either way they need to give him storylines and decent characters to work with.

Thanks to Vicky for my great new banner xxx
    "Maddest Member again How come I've been taking my meds"

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Chloe O'brien For This Useful Post:

Perdita (08-06-2014)

steve will battle depression and think he has skin cancer too

Coronation Street bosses have announced plans for the soap's New Year disaster storyline, which will see Weatherfield rocked by a shock mini-bus crash.

Underworld's factory workers will be at the centre of the spectacular stunt as a work outing goes terribly wrong.

The incident revolves around a Streetcars mini-bus driven by Steve McDonald, who is taking the factory employees out for the day.

An official Coronation Street statement teased: "Exact details are being kept under wraps, but more than one character will be hospitalised as a result of the crash and one Underworld knicker stitcher's life will be on the line!

"Locations for the smash are currently being explored to find a suitably dramatic setting for what promises to be a high octane start to 2015 for Corrie fans."

The storyline will be filmed before Christmas ahead of broadcast in the New Year.

Steve tells Carla about Peter
    © ITV
    Troubled Steve will be driving the vehicle

Coronation Street's producer Stuart Blackburn first hinted at the storyline in an interview with Digital Spy earlier in the year.

Speaking at the time, he explained: "Coming up in the New Year, there is a real tragedy that's going to affect a dozen or so of our characters. Last year we had David and the car crash and of course that was a stunt, but it genuinely felt like it had come from story. It wasn't us suddenly deciding that we needed to do something spectacular to get the viewers.

"It's the same with what we're planning, because it'll come from a relatively long-running story. It is going to be spectacular and a little bit heartbreaking!"

The stunt will also tie in with Steve's ongoing depression storyline as he is forced to finally face up to his problems.

Blackburn said last week: "This is a story about Steve battling his secret, hidden depression. He is a man in chaos, scared and confused, and stuff like this doesn't happen to people like him. He is absolutely terrified of admitting it.

"This will come to a head in January where a tragedy will strike that will force him to face up to those demons."

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

Glen1 (31-10-2014), maidmarian (31-10-2014), tammyy2j (31-10-2014)

Just watched the Corrie trailer for next few weeks yesterday and was shocked that Michelle(again) was seen calling Steve pathetic??! I'm happy of this depression storyline for Steve though I'm just hoping that Michelle would just disappear from Steve's life. Get him someone who actually loves him as he is.

7. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to mariba For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (01-11-2014), Glen1 (31-10-2014), Perdita (31-10-2014), tammyy2j (31-10-2014)

Steve has not been the same since Fred Elliot died. I think he thinks he has been taken over by Freds spirit.
    The oddball facepulls, the repeat talking. Where he gets that pathetic baby voice from I don't know, he is a grown man.
    I hope the cure for his depression is the excuse to bring back the old/original shrewd, Jack The Lad Steve MacDonald and get rid of this special needs type character.

I don't know what you mean..I like Steve as he's been. He's nice, reliable, funny guy- very valuable character in Corrie. I really don't wish Steve to change.

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to mariba For This Useful Post:

Glen1 (31-10-2014), Perdita (31-10-2014), tammyy2j (31-10-2014)

Quote Originally Posted by mariba View Post
    I don't know what you mean..I like Steve as he's been. He's nice, reliable, funny guy- very valuable character in Corrie. I really don't wish Steve to change.
    I mean that Steve has not been the same character since, in my opinion, Fred Elliot died.
    He never used to have that gormless, "lights are on but no ones home" look, staring into thin air, with pathetic voice.

I would like to see Steve get with Carla I think they have chemistry

13. The Following User Says Thank You to tammyy2j For This Useful Post:

mariba (31-10-2014)

[.
    That partnership could work very well .
    Last edited by Glen1; 31-10-2014 at 15:59.

Quote Originally Posted by Glen1 View Post
    [.
    That partnership could work very well .
    ???? Nooooooooooooooo Noooooooooooooooooooo Noooooooooooooo

Thread Information