Page 46 of 52 FirstFirst ... 364445464748 ... LastLast

Thread: Maria Connor Sutherland (Samia Smith)

12 months in prison . no doubt she will appeal and get out sooner ... canĀ“t believe we will have a year Maria free ...

Eva is more upset about this than her friend Kylie dying I really hate these two second thrown together friendships for a storyline

3. The Following User Says Thank You to tammyy2j For This Useful Post:

lizann (25-12-2016)

Has Maria left Coronation Street as she is jailed in shock twist?
    Coronation Street has stunned fans by jailing Maria Connor for a whole year – right before Christmas! So does this mean that Samia Longchambon has left her role as the luckless stylist? Have no fear, we will be seeing Maria again – but she may well be a changed person.
    Many viewers had expected that Maria would get away with her sham marriage to Pablo with a slap on the wrist and return home to spend Christmas Day with Liam but instead, she will be spending the not so festive season in a cell.
    She was gutted to be made an example of and has been sent down for a 12 month sentence and Aidan in particular is bound to be left crushed after he fought so hard for Maria’s liberation and even declared his love.
    But can Maria forgive him for not showing up at her sentencing?
    While Maria is set to languish in prison, this is not an exit storyline for Samia and we will see the character on certain occasions following her sentencing, including in the visiting room.
    But when Maria eventually returns to the Street, will we even recognise her?
    Samia recently told Metro.co.uk: ‘I was talking to Kate Oates (producer) about that and we were both saying that I think if she does go to prison she wouldn’t come out the same person. I think it’s bound to change her in some way and she’s bound to be affected by what she’s been through so I think yeah it definitely would change her but I’m not sure how.’
    It sounds like it could be a while before we find out!
    Er, happy Christmas Maria…

Coronation Street spoilers
    Last edited by Perdita; 25-12-2016 at 07:06.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (25-12-2016)

Coronation Street just revealed Maria Connor's fate in court... and here's what happens next
    Coronation Street's Maria Connor has been sentenced to 12 months behind bars in a bombshell Christmas Eve episode.
    Maria (Samia Longchambon) headed off to court to hear her fate in the latest visit to Weatherfield, but she was left devastated to receive the news that she'd been dreading.
    Maria had already pleaded guilty to arranging a sham marriage so that her friend Pablo could enter the country - and it turned out that the courts took a very dim view of her antics.
    Although Maria's guilty plea, her (allegedly) spotless character and lack of financial gain from the scheme was all taken into account, the judge opted to make an example out of her by putting her behind bars for an entire year.
    So, has Maria really left Corrie for now? The good news is that she hasn't and we'll still be seeing her on screen over the coming weeks.
    Love rat Aidan even pays Maria a visit early next year, giving her a chance to ask why he didn't turn up to support her in court like he'd promised.
    Maria will also definitely want some answers on why he's stayed with Eva Price and what this means for their own future. Over to you, Aidan...
    The court's decision left Maria's young son Liam heartbroken as he'll now have to spend Christmas apart from his mum, although his uncle Kirk will be trying his best to keep him happy in the meantime.
    Plus, if Maria behaves herself behind bars, she should be back among the Weatherfield community in no time...
    Coronation Street continues on Christmas Day at 8pm as an hour-long festive special features the exciting return of Toyah Battersby.

I honestly couldn't give a monkeys about Maria. The most insipid, boring character ever.

If she is going to come out of prison a stronger changed person, she should dump Aidan and concentrate on herself and Liam firstly and then find a man later who is single and good for them both

9. The Following User Says Thank You to tammyy2j For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (26-12-2016)

Quote Originally Posted by tammyy2j View Post
    If she is going to come out of prison a stronger changed person, she should dump Aidan and concentrate on herself and Liam firstly and then find a man later who is single and good for them both
    It would be very nice to see a Maria who isn't constantly desperate for a man to cling to.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Dazzle For This Useful Post:

tammyy2j (26-12-2016)

I wonder what excuse with be created to get her out in a few months. Maybe she is pregnant and has medical complications. Or they successfully campaign to get her out.

Isle of Widget.. well used to be more Southampton ish for now
    This confuses me, Maria was held in prison over the murder of kaz, who wasnt dead and had framed her in a sick evil plan, does that period not count for anything?

Its also such a waste of tax payers money to prison someone when they could be on total lock down in their own home via a tag but still able to do their job and look after their kid.

Our laws really are an ass sometimes (yes I know this is a soap)

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Splashy For This Useful Post:

swmc66 (27-12-2016)

Quote Originally Posted by Splashy View Post
    This confuses me, Maria was held in prison over the murder of kaz, who wasnt dead and had framed her in a sick evil plan, does that period not count for anything?
    No. That was an entirely different crime.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to parkerman For This Useful Post:

Perdita (26-12-2016)

Thread Information