Page 11 of 52 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: Maria Connor Sutherland (Samia Smith)

nooo, i like maria/samia and her character hasn't been whiney since liam died and besides after all shes been through she has the right to whine, i know i would would whine and then some lol

cant wait till she has the baby - hope she has little girl.lol
    Last edited by 02ablake; 10-03-2009 at 08:10.

Always knew these psychics talked crap
    Happy New Year SoapBoards!

Coronation Street star Samia Smith has admitted that she feels "drained" following her recent depressing plotlines.

The actress's alter-ego Maria Connor gave birth to a lifeless baby boy after six months of pregnancy in early 2008. Later in the year, she faced further heartbreak when her husband Liam (Rob James-Collier) was killed.

Speaking to the Sunday Mirror, Smith revealed: "It's been a good 18 months of solid misery. It's quite draining really, having to think really depressing thoughts for 12 hours a day, all week.

"I can't muck about in the green room like I used to, I don't have the energy to. I've found that it's better to just sit in my dressing room and read a book and be quiet for a while. I've become a bit of a hermit."

Discussing the impact on her social life, she added: "I'm doing this all the time, and at weekends I'm really tired. Luckily I've got good friends, who understand. I have to try to smile a lot in my real life. I put lots of loud music on in the car on the way home and then pour myself a big glass of wine."

Smith has previously insisted that she was pleased to adopt a "grim" new look for the storylines.

She is not feeling as drained as I do when I watch her whining, her character is terrible

Samia Smith (Maria Connor, Corrie)

Coronation Street's Maria Connor - played by 27-year-old Samia Smith - has had quite the year. Shortly after the discovery that she was pregnant with Liam's (Rob-James Collier) child in October, Tony Gordon (Gray O'Brien) murdered her husband in cold blood upon the discovery of his adultery with his wife Carla (Alison King). Maria learned the truth about Liam and Carla's affair on the day of Tony and Carla's wedding in December and quite rightly presumed that Tony was behind Liam's death. After months of scratching, punching, car incidents and daubing his walls (and car) with paint, an obsessive Maria finally backed off. Since that moment by Liam's grave, Tony and Maria have become closer than ever, and in a fortnight's time, they seal their relationship with a kiss. What are Samia's thoughts about one of Corrie's most bizarre and creepy relationships of recent years? We gave her a call to find out.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/soaps/a1...or-corrie.html

Samia Smith on Liam, Helen and Carla

Last week, I caught up with the lovely Samia Smith, who plays Coronation Street's new mum Maria Connor, to chat about her über-creepy relationship with Weatherfield's resident adult psycho Tony Gordon (Gray O'Brien) - David Platt (Jack P. Shepherd) being the the youngest unhinged resident.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/soaps/blog/scoop/

When is she leaving?

I presume once she finds out about Tony she will flee to Liam's parents or to her own parents

She will be leaving in November. You are probably right, she is either going to Ireland or Cyprus. Would be nice if she went to her parents for a change rather than Ireland again seeing her parents have not seen their grandson yet.

Quote Originally Posted by tammyy2j View Post
    When is she leaving?

I presume once she finds out about Tony she will flee to Liam's parents or to her own parents
    if she finds out about tony that is, either way i dont think we'll find out where her destiniation is.

She will probably go and see her parents instead of Liams

Talking Samia has baby girl

Coronation Street actress Samia Smith has given birth to a baby girl.

The 27-year-old and husband Matt welcomed their first child Freya into the world this morning. She weighed 7lbs 2oz.

A show spokesperson this afternoon said: "Samia and Matt are delighted and everyone at Coronation Street is thrilled by the latest arrival to the Corrie family."

Smith - who plays Maria Connor in the ITV soap - became the tenth Weatherfield actor to announce that they were expecting within 18 months. Others included Julia Haworth (Claire Peacock), Andrew Whyment (Kirk Sutherland), Ryan Thomas (Jason Grimshaw), Alison King (Carla Gordon), Jack P Shepherd (David Platt) and Jane Danson (Leanne Battersby).

More recently, Graeme Hawley (John Stape) and Simon Gregson (Steve McDonald) became fathers for the first and second time respectively.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/showbiz/...ves-birth.html

Thread Information