Page 19 of 52 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast

Thread: Maria Connor Sutherland (Samia Smith)

the actress who plays Maria cannot act so she will struggle with the mental illness story line as will we!

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to swmc66 For This Useful Post:

GloriaW (01-02-2014), lizann (02-02-2014), Perdita (16-01-2014), tammyy2j (16-01-2014)

http://www.express.co.uk/news/showbi...-Todd-Grimshaw

Maria Connor is set to feel heartbreak again, after she catches boyfriend Marcus Dent in bed with Todd Grimshaw

Last edited by tammyy2j; 31-01-2014 at 13:49.

Quote Originally Posted by swmc66 View Post
    We never see her son....very strange. Who was looks after him when they are both out in the evening.
    the same people who look after fiz and tyrones kids i think!
    If you have no confidence in self, you are twice defeated in the race of life...With confidence, you have won even before you have started. - Marcus Garvy

We never see her son....very strange. Who was looks after him when they are both out in the evening.
    the same people who look after fiz and tyrones kids i think!
    If you have no confidence in self, you are twice defeated in the race of life...With confidence, you have won even before you have started. - Marcus Garvy

the actress who plays Maria cannot act so she will struggle with the mental illness story line as will we!
    Do you ever have that right! One of the worst soap actresses going. Remember how godawful she was with the Liam storyline? And they insisted on giving her big dramatic scenes as well. Which only highlghted how lacking she was.

Coronation Street's Samia Ghadie teases Maria's shock discovery

Maria Connor's dreams of a happy family life with Marcus Dent crumble on Coronation Street next week as she catches him in a compromising position with Todd Grimshaw.

A devastated Maria discovers her partner's infidelity after scheming Todd seduces Marcus while he is viewing a showhouse.

Here, Samia Ghadie - who plays Maria - discusses her character's heartbreak and the implications for her future.

Has Maria had any suspicions that Marcus might fancy Todd?
    "No, not at all. Maria has asked Marcus so many times whether he's sure about her and whether she's enough for him. Every time she's brought it up, he's reassured her, which has put those suspicions to the back of Maria's mind. Maria just thinks Todd is a good friend and that's as far as it goes."

Do you think that Maria has been quite naive about Todd's behaviour towards Marcus?
    "I'd say so yes. I think she has been naive about the whole situation from start to finish. She's been so consumed by her hunt for a new house. Maria's got this image of the perfect family in a perfect home with a white picket fence, and it's distracted her from seeing the reality of the situation. She's failed to see how strange it is that Todd appears everywhere they go and how much he has been sniffing around Marcus."

Do you think it was always a possibility that Marcus was going to go off with another man?
    "Absolutely. I think Maria and Marcus were doomed from the start! They had such a great friendship but the lines became blurred. Both of them started to see it as love and as something deeper than just friends. Essentially, I think all they were ever meant to be was just good friends - I think they fell in love with their friendship. Ultimately Marcus is gay and there was always a danger that this would happen."

Wanting to get Marcus on side, Todd tells him and Maria a sob story about his father.
    © ITV
    Todd has been flirting with Marcus for weeks

What does Maria think of Todd before she discovers what is going on?
    "Maria feels really sorry for Todd. He's leaned on Maria and Marcus quite a bit and she thought it was because he feels quite left out of Jason's relationship with his dad. She's happy to befriend him because he's come back from London and doesn't have many friends in Weatherfield anymore. She's not seen anything sinister in his behaviour so she has no reason to suspect him."

Can you tell us about the moment that Maria walks into the showhouse?
    "The moment Maria walks into the showroom with Audrey is just awful. She's so excited to show Audrey her dream home. As they go into the house, they literally catch Todd and Marcus in a compromising situation! It's horrendous for Maria, she's completely stunned and it's almost like it's not happening. She just turns around and walks out. It's like her world has come to a standstill. She's devastated."

What happens next?
    "Marcus quickly gets dressed and runs after her, but Audrey whisks Maria back to the Street in the car. Marcus follows them and tries to speak to Maria back on the Street, but she just flies at him. She loses it and lashes out at him."

Todd and Marcus get carried away
    © ITV
    Todd and Marcus get carried away

Maria and Audrey enter the house.....
    © ITV
    Maria and Audrey enter the house.....

Is Maria humiliated as well because Audrey was also there?
    "I don't think it's mattered too much in the grand scheme of things that Audrey was there. If anything it was probably better for Maria that Audrey was there to calm her down and take her home. Audrey's like family to Maria and she will always be there for her."

Does it make matters worse that Marcus did this in their dream home?
    "Maria is furious that he's done it full stop, regardless of where it was. The cherry on the cake was that he was caught in their dream house and he's shattered her dreams completely."

Maria tells Marcus that it's over between them, but is that just a knee-jerk reaction?
    "No, she means it. Her worst fears have been realised and she can't get past that. There's absolutely no chance that she could think of getting back with him. He's done the one thing that she was most scared of him doing to her. Maria spent so much time defending their relationship and he's betrayed her."

Maria finds out that Fiz had suspicions about Marcus and Todd.. How does she react?
    "Maria is angry at the world and feels as though everyone is laughing at her, so when Fiz tells her this she goes mad. She tells Fiz that she doesn't need enemies with friends like her and throws her out. Fiz argues back and asks Maria whether she would have believed her anyway if she had have told her."

Maria tries to cheer Audrey up about her money problems.
    © ITV
    Audrey will support Maria

What is Maria's attitude towards Todd in the aftermath?
    "She wants to kill him. She is fuming with them both and can't believe they could have done this to her."

Is Maria having to fight against her love for Marcus?
    "It's so hard because she's so hurt by it all. She loved him so much and she could see her future with him. Her world has come crashing down around her but she can't just stop loving him - but then Maria hates him in equal measure."

Marcus begs Maria to give him a chance to talk. What happens next?
    "That's all she gives him. Maria literally gives him two minutes of her time and it's Kirk who encourages her to do it. She's sarcastic and cold towards him. She only does it so he can't say he hasn't had a chance to explain."

What has Maria told Liam about what's happened?
    "Marcus asks her that and Maria tells him that Liam isn't quite ready for the truth. Even a couple of weeks down the line Liam is asking where Marcus is, and she just doesn't know what to tell him."

Maria sees Todd and Marcus together in the Street. Does she think they are an item?
    "Yes, her first thoughts are that they are now a couple. It's like another kick in the teeth for Maria - she thinks everyone is in on it."

Is is true that Maria could have a breakdown because of this?
    "I think she's heading for some sort of breakdown. We might see a side to Maria that we haven't seen before and there'll be some unexpected behaviour from her, I'm sure! It's one betrayal too far, so all of her past tragedies will come to a head. She's got no trust in anyone anymore.

"It's fantastic to have this storyline and I knew it was always heading for disaster with Marcus. I'm pleased with the way it's turned out, and I think it'll open a lot of avenues for Maria to explore. It's going to create a lot more drama down the line."

Looking forward to Maria's storyline. I like Maria and Samia is a fantastic actress so I can't wait to see this played out.

Quote Originally Posted by 02ablake View Post
    Looking forward to Maria's storyline. I like Maria and Samia is a fantastic actress so I can't wait to see this played out.
    thanks i needed a laugh

Quote Originally Posted by 02ablake View Post
    thanks i needed a laugh

Thread Information