Page 46 of 55 FirstFirst ... 364445464748 ... LastLast

Thread: SoapBoards Member Spotlight

In a very small country with canals and bikes and windmills and tulips
    ok bring em on,,,, I can take it

Oh god I've not even started on my questions. I better get my finger oot my ass.

Thanks to Vicky for my great new banner xxx
    "Maddest Member again How come I've been taking my meds"

Yay please guys remember I would love even 1 question for you

Try and send some today

PLEASE SEND YOUR QUESTIONS FOR JODI TO ABBIE AS SOON AS YOU CAN, EVEN IF YOU CAN THINK OF ONLY ONE QUESTION THANK YOU VERY MUCH

In a very small country with canals and bikes and windmills and tulips
    Submitted by Perdita:
    1. How does living in Holland compare to living in the US?

every thing is so much smaller compared to the US, i.e cars, houses,glasses,coffee cups LOL finding a bathroom in the shopping center is a nightmare, if u find one you have to pay for it,its just different

2. Will you ever move back to America?
    Yes we do plan to move to the USA

3. What is your favourite colour and why?
    turquoise,. its soft and relaxing .. no real reason WHY

Submitted by Siobhan:
    1) why do you love send christmas cards so much
    for me,,being away from America , getting loads of Christmas cards, makes it just a little bit less home sick for me, in the USA, Christmas was a BIG deal, Kim tries to make it as big as possible even if it is just for the two of us ( his parents have not celebrated Christmas for over 25 years ) and i am away from my family ( we do call every one my mom and my son and my bro ) So the Christmas cards are a super duper bonus for me
    2) what made you pick Holland to live, did you meet Kim first and then move or vice versa
    I met Kim on line back in 1999. we met for the first time June 2000 ( he flew over to the USA to meet me...my son drove me to the airport to see my IMAGINARY FRIEND lol ) Kim flew back to see me every month for 9 months, then I flew over and visited for 3 weeks , then flew back in August 2001 stayed the whole summer, then Oct 4 2001 I moved to Holland, only because Kim has a very good job in Holland . I have always been the adventerous type so this has been one heck of an ADVENTURE !!!!!!!
    3) If there is one place you would really love to visit, where would that be? Tuscany..
    4)Do you like to know what you are getting for christmas or do you like surprises? Surprise me ,,,,even tho I gave Kim a WISH LIST,, I never know what I will get on the list,, so far hes been really good about picking out what he thinks I will like, last year he threw the list away and just waded in with out training wheels, he did a good job too LOL
    5) what do you like most about Christmas?the cozy warm feeling, really its hard to really define what I like the most ,,
    6) What are you getting Ben for christmas and is he going to be with you this year?There is another little boy now his name is Milo, Ben is a big brother now,, Ben got a big leggo set , a car garage, and loads of small things ,, his little brother, loves cars that makes sounds, he like ambulances and fire trucks,, so he got some of those and big soft building blocks,, no we will not be together
    7)Chocolate or strawberry ice cream?
    strawberry with big chunks of strawberries yummo

Submitted by Rooney
    1. If you had one day left on earth, who would u spend it with?
    my son

2. If u could visit any other country which one would it be?
    Italy
    3. What is the last book you read?
    BRAIN DROPPINGS by the late George Carlin ( this is a seriously funny book )

4. Do you phone or text more?
    text ( dont use the phone I am deaf as a post )
    5. When is the last time you cried?
    yesterday.. some one sent me a story about a dog..I am a sucker for dog stories

6. If u could have dinner with anyone dead or alive who would it be?
    Bill Clinton.. just because he seems to be so interesting,,,

7. Whats your favourite tv show?
    I have too many at the moment..I have regular shows I watch on BBC1 and a few on BBC2( both are in English subtitles so that is important to me )

8. Your favorite animal is...?
    a dog

9. What did you want to be when you were younger?
    a model, but found out I had to be 6 inches taller and not have any boobies ( this was back in the 60's,, and don't laugh I also applied to be a PLAY BOY BUNNY .. I kid U not,, they told me to come back when I grew 6-7 inches..sighhhhhhhhhhhh )so I hung up my modeling shoes ( I used to be able to walk in 5 inch heels back then,, now I would need ski poles to walk in them )

10. Where do u see yourself in 10 yrs time?
    alive and well and living in the USA

Submitted by Trinity
    Does Kim peruse SoapBoards?
    nope but hes seen some of the posts,, hes not really INTERESTED..not sure if that is a curse or a blessing LOL

Do you prefer the Netherlands or the States as a place to live
    I prefer the USA, only because I can UNDERSTAND what is being said, and I can read things better and quicker, I also miss the SPACE that the USA has,theres just way too many people in this tiny little country ( Kim agrees )

6. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to JustJodi For This Useful Post:

Chloe O'brien (11-12-2009), Trinity (10-12-2009), Luna (10-12-2009), Perdita (10-12-2009), Siobhan (10-12-2009)

Lol thanks for posting the interview, usually I dont do it till friday but it doesnt matter

Please remember the set questions as well

Ah jodi.. that was sweet and congrats on the new little one Milo...
    Super Mod

Jodi's Interview

1. What made you join SoapBoards and how has your time on here changed over the years?

I think because I was new in Europe and some one in my Expat group said there might be a British TV forum that I might like, joined,I think I slowly started posting, I think I spend alot less time on the SB these days,, but try to visit at least once a day if possible..
    2. What are your Hobbies and how did you get into them? I read alot, I also try to find English Subtitled DVDs,the reading part has been with me since I was old enough to read a book alone,

3. Do you have any special talent or ability?
    I have a way of making people talk about their problems, I am a great "listener", If people want to unload, I try to be there for them, and be supportive...
    4. Do you have a favourite quote from literature, TV, a famous person, etc.? Explain why it is your favourite.
    do not really have one that comes to mind, lemme get back to this later
    5. What do you consider your best physical feature and your best aspect of your personality?
    my eyes, when I was at UNI I was told by a few that my eyes were going to get me into alot of trouble lOL,, I have a generous heart, and I have alot of love to give..I
    6. If you could change one thing about yourself, what would it be?
    my weight

7. Do you have a life philosophy? Is so, what is it? Don't really have one :-) I take each day as it comes

8. What are the happiest and Saddest moments of your life? Happiest was when my son was born, and when he got married, and when he had 2 sons of his own, saddest was loosing my dad in 94...
    9. What’s the craziest thing you've ever done?

moved to Holland from America, any thing else was just crazy
    10. Do you have any regrets, if yes, what and why?
    not going to waste time thinking about things that are over with ...
    11. who’s your Idol and why? I don’t have one.
    12. If were an animal what would you be and why? a doggie...cos they love unconditionly :-)

13. If you were any object, what would you be and why?
    a huge comfy bed
    14. What quality do you like best in a person and what quality do you hate the most?
    I am not fond of strongly OPINIONATED people..I can not stand rudeness especially in young people, I love kindness in people,people who help others.
    15. If heaven exists what would you like to hear God say when you arrive at the pearly gates? COME ON IN MAKE YOURSELF AT HOME

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Abbie For This Useful Post:

Trinity (11-12-2009)

[QUOTE=Winter Wonderland;697379][B][I am not fond of strongly OPINIONATED people..

Jodi, I have a few questions leading on from the above.

1. What did you study at uni?

2. Were you born deaf or did the deafness occur later in life as a result/complication of something else?

3. How did you adjust to living in a different country and a different language being a deaf person? I don't know how many people can sign in Holland but was it doubly hard to live in a new environment and not be able to hear people? How do you get on when you ask for something in the shops when alone?
    Thanks CrazyLea

Thread Information