Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Could any of this be true?

Quote Originally Posted by squarelady
    He's apologised for it and admitted that he made a mistake but I don't think it's at all fair to compare Den to Leslie.
    Oh as if an apology will do anything though he is a naughty boy and he will never cover up that fact.

Quote Originally Posted by Walford Queen
    Oh as if an apology will do anything though he is a naughty boy and he will never cover up that fact.
    I didn't say it made what he did acceptable but it's alot more than you get from a lot of people. The media have an unhealthy obsession with making the character and actor the same person and that's a big part of the problem. They've been doing it to Jessie Wallace for years with the boozing and clubbing. And the whole load of rubbish about Letitia being 'Princess Tippy Toes'. Next you'll read Billy Murrays been arrested for murder. It's ridiculous!

I don't hold anything Leslie Grantham did against him because personally I miss Den and I think Leslie is a legend and a brilliant actor himself. Everyone makes mistakes and not everythings as black and white as the media make out. Even Leslie's said that.
    Last edited by squarelady; 16-06-2005 at 15:37.

Forever Loving TAO - Messageboard for all Tracy Ann or Chrissie fans!

I didn't say it made what he did acceptable but it's alot more than you get from a lot of people. The media have an unhealthy obsession with making the character and actor the same person and that's a big part of the problem. They've been doing it to Jessie Wallace for years.
    I wasn't having a go Lex but come on it's ridiculous saying an apology is the be all and end all of that case.

I wasn't having a go Lex but come on it's ridiculous saying an apology is the be all and end all of that case.
    I didn't say it was for everyone but for me it is. (I've edited the post to explain a bit more). I just have no faith in the tabloid media at all. I'd much rather reserve judgement till I hear it from Leslie in a book he's written than from so fish and chip paper. That's just my opinion.

The comment about him being compared to Den is a seperate comment to that of the one about apologising.
    Last edited by squarelady; 16-06-2005 at 15:38.

I didn't say it was for everyone but for me it is. (I've edited the post to explain a bit more). I just have no faith in the tabloid media at all. I'd much rather reserve judgement till I hear it from Leslie in a book he's written than from so fish and chip paper. That's just my opinion.

The comment about him being compared to Den is a seperate comment to that of the one about apologising.
    It's wrong for Den to get mixed up in Leslie's seedy goings on but I feel they knew they had to do something dirty with him before he left.

It's wrong for Den to get mixed up in Leslie's seedy goings on but I feel they knew they had to do something dirty with him before he left.
    I agree with you there!

They did it quite well I suppose. Now we're left with an exciting plot.

They did it quite well I suppose. Now we're left with an exciting plot.
    Yer, I'm loving the stuff they are doing now. Can't wait for tonight but I do miss Den!

Yer, I'm loving the stuff they are doing now. Can't wait for tonight but I do miss Den!
    I hate the fact there's no EastEnders on a Wednesday or a Saturday. I always look forward to it for some reason. I count down the hours. I suppose it's to read on various web forums peoples opinions of the episode. Afterall EE is considered an ill soap attempting recovery so it is interesting.

I've got a feeling from the length of tonight preview clip that it's going to be an amazing episode! That's why I can't wait to see it! 3 hours 25 minutes!

Thread Information