Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: The Apprentice 2010

Stuart's sacking was quite spectacular, thought Lord Sugar was going to punch him at one point! Stella to win.

Quote Originally Posted by moonstorm View Post
    Stuart's sacking was quite spectacular, thought Lord Sugar was going to punch him at one point! Stella to win.
    I like Stella but sometimes she has a look about her that says she is going to trod on you to get to the top.. Tim nice but dim is quiet intellegent.. really thought Lord Alan would have kept Jamie...
    I think Lord Sugar was just pissed off more with that fact that he bought Stuart's lies and let Liz go... I loved his comment "All my advisor basically all think you are crap"
    Super Mod

The funniest sacking yet. Nothing short of what he deserved. Yet he still thinks he is faultless. I hope Stella wins.

Thanks to Vicky for my great new banner xxx
    "Maddest Member again How come I've been taking my meds"

"I'm Stuart Baggs The Brand, what on earth are you talking about?!"
    Happy New Year SoapBoards!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Chris_2k11 For This Useful Post:

Siobhan (16-12-2010)

for those of you who missed it..

Super Mod

So, what do we all think about the final outcome?

I think in terms of this being a competition, Stella was the right choice. There is no doubt she "won" the competition as the best all-round business woman with the most skills. However, given that Lord Sugar makes the point that he is looking for someone prepared to take risks I can't help thinking that in other circumstances he may have taken on Chris rather than Stella, who is definitely the more steady of the two and less prone to take risks. Chris could be a great asset. He is young and prepared to "think outside the box" (to use a dreadful jargon phrase!)

Still, good luck to her, she did deserve to win and it was good to see that Lord Sugar also offered Chris a job as well in the follow-up programme.

P.S. I quite liked Stuart....

Incidentally, does anyone know what's happened to all the previous winners?

Quote Originally Posted by The Explosive Elf View Post
    So, what do we all think about the final outcome?

I think in terms of this being a competition, Stella was the right choice. There is no doubt she \"won\" the competition as the best all-round business woman with the most skills. However, given that Lord Sugar makes the point that he is looking for someone prepared to take risks I can't help thinking that in other circumstances he may have taken on Chris rather than Stella, who is definitely the more steady of the two and less prone to take risks. Chris could be a great asset. He is young and prepared to \"think outside the box\" (to use a dreadful jargon phrase!)

Still, good luck to her, she did deserve to win and it was good to see that Lord Sugar also offered Chris a job as well in the follow-up programme.

P.S. I quite liked Stuart....

Incidentally, does anyone know what's happened to all the previous winners?
    I was not sure about Stella but she did deliver in the final task and as you said, Alan Sugar did say his door was always open to chris

I know one of the previous winner got pregnant by one of the other fellow contestants, had a miscarraige and left the company.. haven't heard about any of the others.

here is a link about all the candidates: http://www.mirror.co.uk/celebs/news/...5875-21351187/
    Super Mod

Apprentice winner Stella English has been fired by Lord Alan Sugar.

English, who won the £100,000-a-year position in 2010, was told ten days ago that her contract would not be renewed

"I'm gutted. This was my dream and I had worked so hard for it, suddenly it's all over," she told The Sunday Mirror. "I have to stand up for myself. I don't want to be seen as *another failed Apprentice. I respect Lord Sugar, I was trying to make him proud."

Problems began in September 2010 when English began a three-month trial at Sugar's IT firm Viglen, to help decide the winner of The Apprentice.

She felt her responsibilities didn't match her job description, and when she confronted Sugar he told her: "I'll tell you the feedback, shall I? Nice girl, don't do a lot."

When English gave him a presentation of the work she'd done for the company, Sugar replied: "I can tell you, you ain't got any support here. You get put into a company. People have been there a long time and they know what you're earning. It's a lot of jealousy."

She was officially chosen as the winner in December and started permanently at Viglen, but was apparently told: "The cameras have stopped rolling, welcome to the real world, there is no job."

English admitted that her "jaw hit the floor" when she was given a junior position replacing someone who had recently left the business, reporting to a manager paid a fraction of her salary.

She resigned in May, claiming to have "never been more miserable in my adult life", but was found a new role at set-top box firm YouView, where Lord Sugar is part-time non-executive chairman.

However, on September 28 at YouView's HQ, Sugar informed her: "Your *contract's up at the end of December and I don't know what to do with you after that because that's it, so you might think about what you want to do. I've met my obligations to you as far as I'm concerned, you were happy to walk out on me, weren't you?"

English told the paper: "What I took offence at was feeling my new job was just PR for the show. That was the nail in the coffin, every last bit of loyalty just went."

She has since handed her notice in and will leave before her contract ends in December.

A source close to Sugar said she "constantly complained" about being in debt despite her £100,000 salary, adding that she was "not as good as she thinks".

The source added that Sugar's team had worked hard to protect English from claims her boyfriend had criminal links to London's underworld.
    Last edited by Perdita; 09-10-2011 at 10:19.

Thread Information