Thread: Little Brother - Advice

Question Little Brother - Advice

As many of you may know I have a little brother, he's now 7 years old
    We used to be really close when he was younger but lately I have noticed he's much more active and lively, at times a bit naughty too. I remember when he was younger he seemed to listen to everything I say and was well behaved but I am putting it down to influences of friends and also due to the fact I don't get to spend much time with him anymore.
    Because of all the coursework and school stuff that I had, this past year especially, I feel like I have sort of 'drifted apart' from him. During this summer I would like to rebuild our relationship so it's back to the good old times

Any ideas on what I can do? Thank-you in advance!

Spend more time with him, go to places together for a day out or so. Being 7 years old he is bound to be more active and he will pick up naughty bits from his schoolfriends, so he is behaving quite normal imo. Good luck and lots of fun.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

.:SpIcYsPy:. (18-07-2009)

Going to the Park is always a good one i remember loving going to kick a ball about on the park with my cousins when i was younger.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Katy For This Useful Post:

yeh if you take him out somewhere that should work, especially if its without your parents. he will like going out with you and so he wont misbehave as he will want to do it again. hopefully itll work, it works with me and my little cousin. shes a right brat for her mum but when i take her out shes so well behaved cos she thinks its exciting going out with me and knows that if she isnt good she wont be allowed to go again. do something that youll both enjoy and although dont let him get away with it if hes being naughty, make sure you act like his big sis rather than his mum (which im sure you do anyway!). hope it works
    ~x~Tizzy~x~
    A fool and his money are a girl's best friend

thanks to vicky for making the banna!

7. The Following User Says Thank You to di marco For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by .:SpIcYsPy:. View Post
    As many of you may know I have a little brother, he's now 7 years old
    We used to be really close when he was younger but lately I have noticed he's much more active and lively, at times a bit naughty too. I remember when he was younger he seemed to listen to everything I say and was well behaved but I am putting it down to influences of friends and also due to the fact I don't get to spend much time with him anymore.
    Because of all the coursework and school stuff that I had, this past year especially, I feel like I have sort of 'drifted apart' from him. During this summer I would like to rebuild our relationship so it's back to the good old times

Any ideas on what I can do? Thank-you in advance!
    I think thats a typical 7 year old boy thing hun! Connor has sudddenly become very very active, he never sits still, He has suddenly developed his own mind and to other people that can sometimes come across as 'naughty' He can be lairy, he answers back. he is sometimes very very hectic and yeah sometime he just seems to ignore everything i say to him!!! when he at home i think oh my god my son is a nightmare child at times and then i see him together with all his friends at school or i have his friends round for tea and i realise its not just connor its all his friends, it must be the age! Connor as you know is 7

Like you i feel sometimes like me and connor are not as close as we were, Since having aimee its gone from us being together and doing things all the time to always having aimee with us! I'm looking forward to the holidays, we have things planned for just us which i cannot wait for!!!

He will love spending lots of time with you again hun!!! hope you manage to do lots of great things xx

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Debs For This Useful Post:

Jojo is offline **Debs Official Stalker**
    Just spend time with him, time when he's not tired or hungry and you'll find he'll be in a better mood and you will have fun together. Whether it be watching his fave programme, to playing one of his fave games, or going to the park together.

I think its a normal 7yr old thing - DS2 is getting to be a right little so and so at the mo, but I remember my eldest being the same and he came through it pretty quickly.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Jojo For This Useful Post:

Have a look at local attractions you could take him to like a farm, special kids museum (eg National Railway), the cinema etc.

Maisie absolutely loves animals so the farm is a winner even if she's in a grumpy mood. Ask your brother what he would like to do.

Even messing around with a camera can be fun. Do a little photo shoot (Maisie also loves these - right little poser) then print a few off and frame them.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Abigail For This Useful Post:

.:SpIcYsPy:. (19-07-2009)

Spicy you have had some good advice. You're brother is like anyother child and plays up more if they are bored. It will be great for you both to spend sometime together. Try and take him places like the park were he can run about and burn of the energy and check with the local council to see what activites they have on offer over the summer holidays as there may be free admission to the local pool or other stuff. It's always good to have a back-up plan depending on the weather.

Thanks to Vicky for my great new banner xxx
    "Maddest Member again How come I've been taking my meds"

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Chloe O'brien For This Useful Post:

.:SpIcYsPy:. (19-07-2009)

Thank-you all for your ideas/suggestions! I think I will most definitely take him to the park, maybe even Regents park or something if the weather is good Will definitely take all your ideas on board, thank-you very much!! x

Yesterday I helped him to make a card for his teacher and it already feels a bit closer to 'the good old times' again ..

Seems like he is growing up a bit and developing his own personality, and maybe pushing the boundaries a little to see what he can get away with... ie he is just a normally little boy!

Yeah, spending more time with him, will bring you close again I'm sure...

Thanking the fabulous TAbbie, for the banner!

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Pinkbanana For This Useful Post:

.:SpIcYsPy:. (20-07-2009)

Thread Information