Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Mistresses Series 3

Sarah Parish has claimed that her show Mistresses is escapist.

Parish, who plays Katie, told the Radio Times that the drama is fun to watch because it does not try too hard to be realistic.

"Mistresses has got a shine to it, representing four - not fantasy lives, exactly - but quite affluent, shiny lives," she said. "It doesn't aspire to gritty realism. It's a programme that you can escape into."

However, she added: "I think it does have something to say. Any drama that's written around relationships has always got something to say. You can always find something in a character that relates to you."

Parish also revealed that she was drawn to the script because she was impressed with the strong female characters.

"You're always looking for great pieces written for women and this had four very strong female parts," she said. "I thought they were all great characters, all very well written. And it's always nice to be in a female-led piece... they are rare."

Parish added that the third series is slightly different, saying: "There's always 'mistressy' behaviour, but it's a different sort of series. It's not quite as 'pop', a little bit more serious, so the behaviour you see is slightly more dramatic rather than fun-filled and flashy."

The new series of Mistresses begins on Thursday, August 5 at 9pm on BBC One.

Joanna Lumley has revealed details of her character on BBC One drama Mistresses.

The actress will star in the new series of the show as Vivienne, the domineering mother of Katie (Sarah Parish).

She told What's On TV: "Vivienne appears to be a bit of a cold fish. She seems to be selfish, critical of Katie and not very motherly - but soon all things are revealed."

The former Absolutely Fabulous star explained that her appearance on the show would shed more light on Katie's past.

"You begin to get the idea that Katie's childhood, while it was happy, had some secrets and strangeness in it, and that they never really got on," she said. "It's quite tense and very well written."

"[The audience will] get a real insight into why Katie is Katie," she added.

The new series of Mistresses begins on Thursday, August 5 at 9pm on BBC One.

i loved the first two series, so am looking forward to this!

In a very small country with canals and bikes and windmills and tulips
    Looking forward to this..my partner is like omg another series,,

Thursday 19 August
    9.00-10.00pm BBC ONE

Spoiler:
    The plot thickens in Mistresses when a betrayal has far-reaching consequences, as the popular friendship drama continues.

Trudi is guilt-stricken having spent the evening with Chris and confides in Katie to seek guidance on whether she should reveal all to Richard. Katie advises her to focus on the future and forget about it, but will Trudi be able to live with her conscience?

The realisation that Dominic has moved on with his life leads Siobhan to go on a date with Jeff, the photographer from Elsa's birthday party. Dominic is overcome with jealousy and makes a pass at Siobhan, but he later realises that it would be better all round if they have some distance, leaving Siobhan disheartened when she stumbles across some plane tickets the following morning.

Jessica and Mark's financial troubles continue to drive a wedge between the pair and things worsen when Siobhan comes clean about her secret loan to Mark, which was intended for Jessica's IVF treatment. It's the last straw for Jessica when Mark contemplates another risky investment, but is their marriage over for good?

Meanwhile, Katie realises that she and Richard are becoming dangerously close and makes it perfectly clear that she wants nothing more to do with him. Concerned for her daughter's welfare, Vivienne supports Katie's decision and also warns Richard to stay away. A distraught Katie decides that she needs to escape for a while and leaves for the train station, but an unexpected phone call with shocking news stops her boarding the train...

Thursday 26 August
    9.00-10.00pm BBC ONE and BBC HD

Spoiler:
    Trudi (Sharon Small), Siobhan (Orla Brady), Jessica (Shelley Conn) and Katie (Sarah Parish) are united in griefThe tension mounts as popular friendship drama Mistresses concludes...

Trudi, Jessica, Katie and Siobhan are united in grief following the death of a loved one. However, emotions run high at the funeral and, with so many questions left unanswered, grief turns to anger and a bitter row ensues causing a huge rift between the friends.

Several months pass without a word between the women and it appears that they've all gone their separate ways, but a heartbreaking announcement finally brings them back together. They agree to be united for the sake of their friend in need and start by making an appearance at Siobhan's birthday party. There's obvious tension in the air, but can they rebuild their friendship?

Meanwhile, an unexpected guest at the party leaves Siobhan confused about her feelings for her new boyfriend, Jeff.

Trudi is panic-stricken when Amy goes missing but, amid the chaos, she's reminded that her friends are there in times of need. Despite the bad feelings that have developed between them, will Trudi, Jessica, Katie and Siobhan get the happy ending they deserve?

In a very small country with canals and bikes and windmills and tulips
    wonder who dies ???????????????????

Quote Originally Posted by JustJodi View Post
    wonder who dies ???????????????????
    I will say the little girl.

Thanks to Vicky for my great new banner xxx
    "Maddest Member again How come I've been taking my meds"

i was very confused on thursday, it did start making more sense towards the end though. Poor Jessica, she realy want a baby. Really dont like trudi she was getting irritating on thursday.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Katy For This Useful Post:

alan45 (07-08-2010)

Can anyone tell me what happened to each of the "mistresses" at the very end because I missed the last episode. Thanks
    Carpe Diem ~ seize the day!

Thread Information