Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ross Kemp signs new two-year Sky1 deal

Ross Kemp has revealed that he is open to the possibility of returning to EastEnders in the future.

The Grant Mitchell actor - who was last seen in the soap seven and a half years ago - said that he would "never say never" to reprising the role.

Speaking about returning to the EastEnders on BBC's The One Show, Kemp said: "As long as the character is still alive, but that's never stopped them in the past from bringing people back. Never say never, I don't think you should ever do that.

"I really enjoyed it, I had ten years there and it was fantastic fun. I still watch it occasionally when I'm in the country."

Asked by hosts Chris Evans and Alex Jones whether he had been asked to return, he replied: "Not yet."

Kemp appeared as Grant between 1990 and 1999, and later returned in October 2005 for a brief stint before departing again in June 2006.

EastEnders continues on Monday (January 27) at 8pm on BBC One
    Love many, trust few, always paddle your own canoe

No please don't go back Ross. If you do then the poison dwarf will want to come back. Stay on Sky

Thanks to Vicky for my great new banner xxx
    "Maddest Member again How come I've been taking my meds"

I can't really see him going back to be honest. I think the producers will want to lure him back, but there was an article only a few weeks ago in which he said he was happier out of EastEnders, as his schedule was more varied. EastEnders also haven't been successful at bringing back characters in recent years (Kat, Sharon and to a lesser extent Alfie seem to have had personality transplants since returning.)

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Kim For This Useful Post:

Perdita (02-02-2014)

Thread Information