Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ross Kemp signs new two-year Sky1 deal

Ross Kemp signs new two-year Sky1 deal

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/tv/a1643...sky1-deal.html

Ross Kemp has signed a new two-year deal with Sky1, it has been announced.

The former EastEnders actor will produce and present 12 hour-long factual programmes for the channel, split over the July 2009 to July 2011 period.

"I'm very happy to be signing this exclusive deal with Sky1 and Sky1 HD," said Kemp. "I'm fortunate to have had a great working relationship with the channel over the last few years and I look forward to this continuing for the next two.

"The audience and press reaction to all the shows we have made has been testament to the relationship between Sky1 and myself. Sky1 have always been very approachable and receptive to the ideas [production companies] Mongoose, Tiger Aspect and I have brought to the table."

He added: "Stuart Murphy has a very clear and bold idea of how he wants Sky1 to develop in the future and I'm proud to be part of his vision."

Kemp has been involved with a number of projects for Sky1 including Ross Kemp In Search Of Pirates, Ross Kemp In Afghanistan and the concluding series Ross Kemp: Return To Afghanistan.

That should mean that he will not have time to come back to Albert Square, I would have thought.

Quote Originally Posted by Perdita View Post
    http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/tv/a1643...sky1-deal.html

Ross Kemp has signed a new two-year deal with Sky1, it has been announced.

The former EastEnders actor will produce and present 12 hour-long factual programmes for the channel, split over the July 2009 to July 2011 period.

"I'm very happy to be signing this exclusive deal with Sky1 and Sky1 HD," said Kemp. "I'm fortunate to have had a great working relationship with the channel over the last few years and I look forward to this continuing for the next two.

"The audience and press reaction to all the shows we have made has been testament to the relationship between Sky1 and myself. Sky1 have always been very approachable and receptive to the ideas [production companies] Mongoose, Tiger Aspect and I have brought to the table."

He added: "Stuart Murphy has a very clear and bold idea of how he wants Sky1 to develop in the future and I'm proud to be part of his vision."

Kemp has been involved with a number of projects for Sky1 including Ross Kemp In Search Of Pirates, Ross Kemp In Afghanistan and the concluding series Ross Kemp: Return To Afghanistan.

That should mean that he will not have time to come back to Albert Square, I would have thought.

The Poison Dwarf will be disappointed that Gwant isnt coming back. Barbara Windsor really needs him as without him she is pointless
    Love many, trust few, always paddle your own canoe

what a shame he's won't be returning to the square soon. He is going to miss the new addition to the Mitchell family.

Thanks to Vicky for my great new banner xxx
    "Maddest Member again How come I've been taking my meds"

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Chloe O'brien For This Useful Post:

alan45 (09-07-2009), matt1378 (18-07-2009), Siobhan (09-11-2009)

Quote Originally Posted by Chloe O'brien View Post
    what a shame he's won't be returning to the square soon. He is going to miss the new addition to the Mitchell family.
    You mean theres more FAIRMILY for the worlds worst actress La Babs Loser

Yes Baby Pickle beetroot. The new grandchild that Peggy doesn't know she getting yet!

Thanks to Vicky for my great new banner xxx
    "Maddest Member again How come I've been taking my meds"

ky1 has announced a new two-part documentary series fronted by Ross Kemp.

Ross Kemp In The Middle East will see the former EastEnders actor travel to Gaza and Israel to offer an insight into life under military occupation and living under the threat of terrorist attack.

"Like many other people I've grown up with news stories about the Middle East without really understanding the issues," said Kemp.

"I hope that the two documentaries, one in Israel and one in Gaza, will give people a better understanding of this complex and troubled part of the world."

Commissioning editor Celia Taylor added: "Once again Ross Kemp promises to take us beyond the headlines and get to the heart of what is really going on.

"By talking to those involved from both sides of the conflict, Ross will provide an eye-opening and impartial view and allow us to hear the extraordinary stories from the people that are at the heart of the conflict."

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/tv/news/...sky1-deal.html

Definitely too busy to come back to Walford

Ross Kemp has ruled out a return to EastEnders in the foreseeable future, emphasising his enjoyment of television production.

The 46-year-old, who played bad boy Grant Mitchell on the BBC One soap, also admitted that he never watched the show at home.

He told the Radio Times: "I've no plans to [return to EastEnders]. I enjoy the fact that I've far more control over my destiny than I ever had when acting.

"I didn't even watch the soaps when I was in them because it's like a coal miner coming home and staring at the coal scuttle - I was never a great lover of watching myself act."

The star added of his current plans: "I come up with a lot of the ideas of the programmes. I oversee them as the executive producer. I'm on the ground when they're being made. I'm involved in the editing and write the commentary. I also write books and am attempting my first novel. I like to be busy."

Kemp starred in EastEnders between 1990 and 1999, before briefly reprising his role in 2005 for one year.

Documentary series Ross Kemp: Extreme World is the former actor's latest project, and will air this spring on Sky 1.

Ross Kemp has said that he prefers the unpredictability of his current career path to the routine of starring in EastEnders.

Kemp, who played the soap's notorious hardman Grant Mitchell for nine years in the '90s, revealed that the role's schedule became monotonous.

"For ten years of my life, I travelled from south London to Elstree Studios, BBC, " he told Reader's Digest magazine.

"I was regurgitating 70 pages of dialogue, which I'd learn either the night before or on the way home.

"I went to exactly the same place, with exactly the same set, for exactly the same people."

"Now, there's total disorder and chaos in my life," Kemp said of his investigative documentary work, which has taken him to Afghanistan, Somalia and the Amazon Jungle.

"I don't know where I'm going from one year to the next, I don't know if it's going to be dangerous or fun, if it's going to be uncomfortable.

"I love life more than ever."

When asked if he'd ever consider undergoing therapy to deal with the harrowing experiences he encounters, Kemp said that he'd "never rule it out".

"I don't think there's anything weak in going to see somebody to seek help," he explained.

"If it makes your life better, or the lives of the people around you, then it's worth doing.

"I'm like a ship," he added, "you collect more barnacles the more you see.

"I think when I was younger, I was a bit more flippant with it mentally. But the older I get..."

Ross Kemp has said that he prefers the unpredictability of his current career path to the routine of starring in EastEnders.

Kemp, who played the soap's notorious hardman Grant Mitchell for nine years in the '90s, revealed that the role's schedule became monotonous.

"For ten years of my life, I travelled from south London to Elstree Studios, BBC, " he told Reader's Digest magazine.

"I was regurgitating 70 pages of dialogue, which I'd learn either the night before or on the way home.

"I went to exactly the same place, with exactly the same set, for exactly the same people."

"Now, there's total disorder and chaos in my life," Kemp said of his investigative documentary work, which has taken him to Afghanistan, Somalia and the Amazon Jungle.

"I don't know where I'm going from one year to the next, I don't know if it's going to be dangerous or fun, if it's going to be uncomfortable.

"I love life more than ever."

When asked if he'd ever consider undergoing therapy to deal with the harrowing experiences he encounters, Kemp said that he'd "never rule it out".

"I don't think there's anything weak in going to see somebody to seek help," he explained.

"If it makes your life better, or the lives of the people around you, then it's worth doing.

"I'm like a ship," he added, "you collect more barnacles the more you see.

"I think when I was younger, I was a bit more flippant with it mentally. But the older I get..."

Ross Kemp has revealed that he is open to the possibility of returning to EastEnders in the future.

The Grant Mitchell actor - who was last seen in the soap seven and a half years ago - said that he would "never say never" to reprising the role.

Speaking about returning to the EastEnders on BBC's The One Show, Kemp said: "As long as the character is still alive, but that's never stopped them in the past from bringing people back. Never say never, I don't think you should ever do that.

"I really enjoyed it, I had ten years there and it was fantastic fun. I still watch it occasionally when I'm in the country."

Asked by hosts Chris Evans and Alex Jones whether he had been asked to return, he replied: "Not yet."

Kemp appeared as Grant between 1990 and 1999, and later returned in October 2005 for a brief stint before departing again in June 2006.

EastEnders continues on Monday (January 27) at 8pm on BBC One

Thread Information