Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: True Blood

The above-mentioned is an excellent actor. He seems to pop up in everything nowadays.

Spoiler:
    Alfre Woodard will be guest-starring in Season 3 of True Blood

The 57-year-old actress, best known for her roles on Desperate Housewives and My Own Worst Enemy, will play Layfette's mother, who also happens to be Tara's aunt.

Woodard wasn't the only mother added to the show this week. Law & Order alum J. Smith-Cameron, 55, has been cast as the recurring role of Sam's estranged mother, Melinda. Prison Break's Marshall Allman will play her son.

Also joining the show in a recurring role is James Frain (The Tudors), 41, who will play Tara's new vampire love interest, Franklin Mott.

Spoiler:
    Joe Manganiello should watch his back, because joining True Blood as the new love interest of everyone's favorite telepath has its dangers, including deadly vampire lovers who don't need more competition.

The One Tree Hill star has been cast as Alcide Herveaux, the new werewolf in town who cozies up to Sookie (Anna Paquin). In the casting call, Alcide is described as good-looking, rough-around-the-edges, articulate, heroic, and decent, but not what he seems.

In the closing moments of Season 2, Bill (Stephen Moyer) was kidnapped. This will lead Sookie to search far and wide for her lover when the show returns. If executive producer Alan Ball sticks to Charlaine Harris' novels, Alcide will be on the hunt with her on Eric's request.

Spoiler:
    Joe Manganiello has joined the cast of HBO's True Blood.

The One Tree Hill actor is to take on the role of werewolf Alcide for the show's forthcoming third season, reports HitFix.

Alcide is a werewolf enlisted by Eric to help Sookie track down a kidnapped Bill in Charlaine Harris's The Southern Vampire Mysteries book series.

Manganiello has also appeared in How I Met Your Mother and Spider-Man 3.

From DS

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/ustv/s59...rue-blood.html

Spoiler:
    Lindsay Pulsipher has joined the cast of HBO vampire drama True Blood.

Pulsipher, who previously starred in A&E’s The Beast alongside Patrick Swayze, will take on the recurring role of Crystal on the show, reports Entertainment Weekly.

Crystal is described as a haunting young woman who has an "electric connection" with Jason (Ryan Kwanten).

Her casting follows a number of announcements for True Blood’s forthcoming third season. The most recent actor to join the show is One Tree Hill's Joe Manganiello.

Joe Manganiello has admitted that he cried when he won a part in True Blood.

The One Tree Hill actor, who will play a werewolf called Alcide in the third season of the drama, revealed that he has never missed an episode of the show.

"I'm not afraid to admit that I started crying," he told Entertainment Weekly. "I was just so excited. It's a dream come true.

"When I was a little kid, the nun at my elementary school said if you pray for something hard enough, it'll happen. And when it didn't happen, I kind of thought, 'You know what? Maybe this stuff doesn't work. Maybe I'm getting gypped'. So here it is 25 years later and my prayers got answered and I'm going to be a werewolf."

Manganiello added that he is trying to build up his muscles as he has an idea of what Alcide should look like.

"I'm a big guy to begin with," he explained. "I work out a lot anyway. In my mind, I see the character as having a big chest, big arms - ripped the way an animal would be. Vampires have a supernatural strength to them, so you can have a vampire that is a little slighter.

"But a werewolf is this big, powerful, half-man half-animal. I want to get as close to that as I possibly can."

James Frain and Lindsay Pulsipher will also join the third season of the HBO show.

Southland star Kevin Alejandro has signed up for a guest stint on HBO's True Blood.

The 33-year-old actor, who is still listed as a regular on TNT's Southland, will apparently play a love interest for Nelsan Ellis's Lafayette.

According to The Hollywood Reporter, Alejandro's character, Jesus, is a Latino orderly who is looking after Lafeyette's mother Ruby Jean Reynolds at a care facility.

He joins the recently-cast Joe Manganiello, Lindsay Pulsipher and James Frain.

Spoiler:
    True Blood creator Alan Ball has revealed details about the upcoming romance plot involving Sookie and new werewolf Alcide.

Ball said that fans of Sookie (Anna Paquin) and Bill's (Stephen Moyer) relationship will eventually be won over by Alcide, played by Joe Manganiello.

He told Entertainment Weekly: "We were looking for a guy who was big, sexy, decent and heroic, with some darkness. And [Manganiello] showed us all of that in the audition."

Of the Sookie and Alcide story, he continued: "As in the book, he's helping her find [her kidnapped boyfriend] Bill and he has a business reason for owing Eric a favour. He's there with her during a very painful time in her life - and his life, actually. And they're thrown into some pretty intense situations together."

Ball added: "And hello, he's hot! And hello, so is she. Two hot people in some intense situations and, for whatever reasons, their significant others are not there... they're human."

I was given series one of this show for christmas is it any good? as I have yet to watch this!

True Blood's Rutina Wesley has hinted that a movie of the show may be in the pipeline.

Speaking to SciFiNow, Wesley - Tara in the HBO series - said that she would be interested in doing a film if the timing was right.

"It would depend on the timing," she said. "I would say that it would have to be way after the show was over, and then it would just depend on how they put it together as a film.

"I do feel like every True Blood episode is like a mini movie in itself."

Last year, True Blood was renewed for a third season by HBO.

DS

Thread Information