Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Adam Barton (Adam Thomas)

Adam just reeks of desperation and attention.

First he goes to I'm A Celeb and now this.

He's not that strong of an actor so all this over-promo for this guy really makes me dislike him.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to rossfan For This Useful Post:

JessicaMad (16-01-2017)

He just said he wants to be written gay. That doesn't mean the writers are actually gonna make him gay. I do see what you mean though about him reeking of desperation I reluctantly admit

he is leaving if twitter chatter is true

Quote Originally Posted by lizann View Post
    he is leaving if twitter chatter is true

I like him and Victoria .... but hoping for too much to have a couple stay together in soapland ..

https://www.thesun.co.uk/tvandshowbi...its-emmerdale/

Looks like it is confirmed that he is leaving

Fans of Emmerdale's Adam Barton may be able to breathe a sigh of relief after all, with Adam Thomas playing down claims that he's quitting the show.

Viewers were left devastated last night as a tabloid newspaper claimed that Adam has decided to leave Emmerdale after eight years.

A report in The Sun claimed that Adam wants to front his own show after winning new fans on I'm a Celebrity, Get Me Out of Here! and would bow out from the soap in late 2017.

However, after dozens of fans tweeted Adam hoping the news wasn't true, he posted this morning: "Don't believe everything you read, people."

He later cheekily added: "In other news who wants to be a guest on my new show?"

Follow
    adam thomas ✔ @adamthomas21
    Don't believe everything you read people 🙈
    8:43 AM - 30 Mar 2017
    145 145 Retweets 1,084 1,084 likes
    Follow
    In other news who wants to be a guest on my new show 😂😂😂
    9:35 AM - 30 Mar 2017
    52 52 Retweets 606 606 likes
    Digital Spy also reached out to Emmerdale for further clarification, but they told us: "We never comment on speculation or future storylines."

Many Emmerdale fans are breathing a sigh of relief after Adam's tweets, although some are still holding out hope for an outright denial to stamp out the rumours once and for all.

Could he have just been denying that he wants to be a presenter, rather than confirming he's sticking around?

9h
    Follow
    Nic ♣️✖ @nwiggins02
    @adamthomas21 and everyone breathes a sigh of relief.......
    9:27 AM - 30 Mar 2017 · Glasgow, Scotland
    Retweets 12 12 likes
    9h
    Rosita Villacis @rositavill
    @adamthomas21 don't go 😢
    Follow
    Jo @joaniew1985
    @rositavill @adamthomas21 I'm guessing this tweet is him saying he's not
    8:49 AM - 30 Mar 2017
    Retweets 5 5 likes
    9h
    Ian 🎗🔹 @IanMirandaSings
    @adamthomas21 made my day
    Follow
    Angie @aon1948
    @IanMirandaSings @adamthomas21 So he's not leaving now, is that it?
    9:36 AM - 30 Mar 2017
    Retweets 1 1 like
    ADVERTISEMENT - CONTINUE READING BELOW

9h
    Follow
    Sally 💫 @Hawleysftmiller
    @adamthomas21 PLEASE TELL ME YOURE STAYING
    9:12 AM - 30 Mar 2017
    Retweets 1 1 like
    9h
    Follow
    Stephen Paul Pallach @SP_Richardsonx
    @adamthomas21 So you are NOT leaving Emmerdale? ! Xx
    8:45 AM - 30 Mar 2017
    Retweets 2 2 likes
    9h
    Follow
    ✌ @Laurenokane_92
    @adamthomas21 I hope it's not true 😥
    9:31 AM - 30 Mar 2017
    Retweets likes
    9h
    Follow
    c misses atl @galwaygirllmj
    @adamthomas21 MEANING ???
    8:52 AM - 30 Mar 2017
    Retweets likes
    Adam has been at the centre of a number of big storylines during his eight years in Emmerdale, including dealing with the loss of his dad John, committing arson at the garage, discovering that his "uncle" James was actually his biological father, and being manipulated by dodgy lawyer Rakesh Kotecha over baby Johnny in a DNA test swap.

In real life, Adam Thomas finished in third place on I'm a Celebrity last year. After leaving the jungle, he insisted he had no plans to give up Emmerdale.

Asked in December about rumours he was planning to crack Hollywood, he replied: "No, I'm not! Sorry, no! I love Emmerdale, I really love Emmerdale."

Guess we shall have to wait and see .......

Emmerdale’s Adam cheats on Victoria… with Vanessa!
    Adam turns to Vanessa after a big row with his wife Victoria - and ends up kissing her.
    With the Bartons at loggerheads over their fertility crisis, the couple are out to hurt each other. When Victoria thrusts a bag of Adam’s belongings at him, he ends up going to Vanessa’s.
    As Adam offloads his woes, the drinks flow and a good laugh becomes something more as the married man leans in for a kiss. Are the pair, who have had a one-night stand before, about to do something they’ll later regret?
    As the former lovers chat, drink and play video games, the evening begins to take a different turn…
    Old passions resurface and Adam moves in for a kiss. Will it turn into more?
    The next day, Adam and Victoria meet to talk. The married couple discuss their issues in a bid to get back on track.
    But will Adam come clean to Victoria about what happened with Vanessa?
    Watch Emmerdale on ITV from Mon 24 April.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

tammyy2j (18-04-2017)

Why could Adam not have gone up to his mother's farm instead of to Vanessa who he has not spoken to in ages, very wrong there by both of them

11. The Following User Says Thank You to tammyy2j For This Useful Post:

Perdita (18-04-2017)

Emmerdale has confirmed that Adam Thomas is leaving the show after eight years of playing Adam Barton.

Speculation has been rife about the actor's exit for a while now, following his successful stint on reality TV show I'm a Celebrity, Get Me Out of Here! last year.

Although those rumours were initially played down, the ITV soap has now officially confirmed that Adam will be leaving the Dales early next year.

In a statement on Emmerdale's official website, Adam said: "I've had an amazing eight years working on Emmerdale and I've loved every minute of it.

"It was a really tough decision to take to leave, but I felt that now is the time to move on and challenge myself with some new roles."

"I'd like to thank everyone at Emmerdale for both giving me the opportunity to work as part of such a great team and for giving my character Adam Barton some great storylines too."

Emmerdale's series producer Iain MacLeod added: "Everyone will be really gutted to see Adam go! He's a top bloke and a really talented actor. But he's given us a lot of notice, so we've been able to prepare a huge exit story for him.

"I'm really excited to see it play out on screen – however sad it will be to wave goodbye to such a brilliant character and cast member."

Adam joined the show in 2009 and has gone on to be at the centre of a number of memorable storylines, including the deaths of his father John and sister Holly, his on-off relationship with wife Victoria Sugden and his popular 'bromance' with Aaron Dingle.

Digital Spy

Thread Information