Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: STV axes 'The Bill' from its schedules

STV axes 'The Bill' from its schedules

The Bill's new new-look post-watershed episodes will not be shown in Scotland, DS can confirm.

STV will discontinue the long-running police drama from its schedules on July 23 as part of its set plan to pull out of prime network programming.

It will be replaced by a celebrity documentary show Made In Scotland, a local aerial exploration of the country Scotland Revealed and a topical history programme called The Scots Who Fought Franco.

The move comes only weeks before The Bill is relaunched in a 9pm slot to allow "grittier and more action-packed" television. Last week, The Bill began broadcasting in high definition.

STV chief executive Rob Woodward said of the move: "We are aiming to provide a diverse schedule of Scottish programming and acquired series to complement the large amount of quality network material in our schedule and to appeal to a broad range of audiences."

"We will be airing a strong mix of high quality Scottish productions in these slots and are confident that we are offering viewers in Scotland a very strong alternative."

"We're taking greater control of our schedule and are absolutely committed to maintaining a healthy creative industry in Scotland by investing in new, high quality Scottish productions and creating a diverse schedule for viewers."

An ITV spokesperson this morning told DS: "STV has taken the decision to opt-out of broadcasting The Bill. Unfortunately this means that fans in Scotland will no longer be able to watch the BAFTA award-winning drama, which relaunches in a new prime time slot this summer."

In March, the Scottish network announced the removal of ITV's flagship drama Lewis from its lineup.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/broadcas...schedules.html

Scottish fans of The Bill who are disappointed with STV's decision to drop the long-running cop show from its schedules will be able to continue watching it on digital satellite or online.

Those viewers with digital satellite receivers, including Sky digiboxes, will be able to tune to a different ITV region. Each regional variant of ITV broadcasts free-to-air on digital satellite, with options including ITV1 London at 10.758GHz with vertical polarisation and ITV1 Border at 10.832GHz with horizontal polarisation.

Some viewers with a standard Sky box will be able to access ITV1 London on channel 993. IF this is not available, the following procedure may help.

Setting up the access to the different variants of ITV1 will vary from box to box, but if you have a standard Sky digibox, the following procedure will allow you to tune in:

Press Services
    Press 4 for System Setup
    Press 4 for Add Channels
    Type in the frequency using the numerical keypad - for ITV1 London, press 10758
    Press the down arrow and ensure "V" is selected for polarisation
    Press the down arrow and then left or right until Symbol Rate (Mbaud) is 22.0
    Press the down arrow and then left or right until FEC is 5/6
    Push down to select Find Channels and push Select
    With your desired ITV1 region highlighted, press the yellow button
    When a tick mark appears next to it, press select
    Press select again
    You have now stored the region in your "other channels" menu. To tune to it:
    Press Services
    Press 7 for Other Channels
    Scroll to the ITV1 region using the arrow keys and press select
    Viewers will also be able to catch-up with The Bill on ITV's website, and some with Virgin Media digital cable will be able to watch ITV1 London on channel 853.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/digitalt...-scotland.html

This is a very shortsighted decision by STV especially as I am going on Holiday to Scotland
    Love many, trust few, always paddle your own canoe

Right who wants to foster me for two nights a week. I'm furious about stv cancelling the bill. when there is so much more tripe that they could axe.

Thanks to Vicky for my great new banner xxx
    "Maddest Member again How come I've been taking my meds"

I will foster you, and it will be just once a week soon

Quote Originally Posted by Perdita View Post
    I will foster you, and it will be just once a week soon
    Oh aye so it will. I'll be no bother Perdy I'm fully house trained and I'll even bring my own irn bru.

It is a deal, although I can stand you a couple of irn brus, they will get all shook up in the travelling

Kath, I thought you had Virgin. Maybe you could retune as per Perdy's second post

Quote Originally Posted by Abigail View Post
    Kath, I thought you had Virgin. Maybe you could retune as per Perdy's second post
    Knowing my luck with technology I fook the whole lot up I'll just watch it on itv.com though Marely has one of those dodgy euroboxes in her room with over 200 channels I could watch it on that.

The Bill isn't on the ITV catch up player.

Thread Information