Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Robin Hood Axed By BBC

Robin Hood Axed By BBC

The BBC has announced that it has axed Saturday night drama Robin Hood.

The series, produced by Tiger Aspect, has been plagued with cast departures in recent months. Jonas Armstrong, who plays the titular character, and Richard Armitage were both killed off in the series finale, while Keith Allen had also announced that he would not return if a fourth series was commissioned.

A BBC spokesperson confirmed: "Viewers have enjoyed three fantastic series of Robin Hood but with the death of Robin in last week's finale, we feel that the show has reached its natural conclusion."

Greg Brenman, head of drama at Tiger Aspect, said: "We have been immensely proud to be the most recent custodians of the Robin Hood legend. From the outset it was our ambition to find an exciting and modern way of interpreting our version of the hero and his legendary life.

"We have had a fantastic time creating and producing Robin Hood, working with some of the most talented actors, writers and directors in our industry. We are sad to be saying goodbye to this much-loved project."

Despite beating ITV1's Primeval in the ratings when it returned in March, audience figures slipped to 2.19m for Saturday's finale - the show's lowest ever audience.

Source: Digital Spy

I am very disappointed though not at all surprised. How could they carry on after killing off Robin and Gisborne
    Love many, trust few, always paddle your own canoe

3. The Following User Says Thank You to alan45 For This Useful Post:

Chloe O'brien (03-07-2009)

It went downhill after Season 2

Quote Originally Posted by Bryan View Post
    Despite beating ITV1's Primeval in the ratings when it returned in March, audience figures slipped to 2.19m for Saturday's finale - the show's lowest ever audience.
    Switching it from BBC1 to BBC2 without telling anyone couldn't have helped much. A deliberate ploy by the BBC to have an excuse to axe the series?

Although I do agree with alan, it would really be impossible to continue Robin Hood without Robin himself, Guy and the Sheriff.

i was thinking the same. i didnt watch it but how would they carry it on after killing off robin hood, isnt he the point of the whole show?
    ~x~Tizzy~x~
    A fool and his money are a girl's best friend

thanks to vicky for making the banna!

The writing was on the wall when they killed of Marion last year then Jonas announced he was leaving the show, when the beeb did nothing to suggest that another actor would take over as Robin also with Keith leaving we kind of guest that the series would end.

Thanks to Vicky for my great new banner xxx
    "Maddest Member again How come I've been taking my meds"

I actually did think for a while that the Archer character would have led the Merry Men but alas this was not to be.
    Love many, trust few, always paddle your own canoe

Quote Originally Posted by alan45 View Post
    I actually did think for a while that the Archer character would have led the Merry Men but alas this was not to be.
    I did think it would be strange to carry it on and once id read the spoilers and knew guy was gong to be killed off to i thought hmmm that a awful lot of main characters to lose!

I couldnt imagine robin hood without the sheriff the weeks he was not in it, it felt like a big hole missing although prince john was brilliant!!

Will have to now go and buy the dvd so i can keep getting my guy fix

Jojo is offline **Debs Official Stalker**
    Robin and Gisbourne died?!

I know Taggart carried on without Taggart, but Robin Hood without Robin Hood - nah....sensible decision I think.

i think that was a option, it certainly looked like it- or why introduce him???? shame really, but when you kill practically the entire cast- robin, guy, isabella, lily allens dad, there is not much room for a come back

Thread Information