View Poll Results: Which do you prefer??

Voters
20. You may not vote on this poll
  • Blackberry

5 25.00%
  • iPhone

9 45.00%
  • Don't have a preference

6 30.00%
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Blackberry or iPhone

Jojo is offline **Debs Official Stalker**

Blackberry or iPhone

There's always been good debates about which one is better - the Blackberry or the iPhone. They are becoming more and more popular too, so I was wondering - which do you prefer, if you have a preference?

Personally, I have a Blackberry Bold which is my lifeline - I love free pinging (messaging) on it, aswell as the push functions, and all the other norms, plus the fantastic battery life that my husband has found the iPhone has not - he loves the phone, but to me, its basically an iTouch with phone functionality - nothing else really seems that different to me, and with the bad battery life, I don't like it and when upgrade time is here, I'll be sticking with the Blackberry.

What about you guys?? Any preferences??
    Last edited by Jojo; 30-06-2009 at 18:56.

iPhone x

I have an iPhone, but only because it was the best gizmo at the time. I hate the fact that Apple like to control what you can and can't do with the phone, so the first thing I did was jailbreak the phone. The other major gripe is that Apple delivered a phone that couldn't perform basic functionality like forward sms, MMS, full bluetooth amongst a host of other non-implemented features. Most have been rectified in the latest firmware, but too late in my books. Other phones are catching up on the UI, and it won't be long before I ditch the iPhone.

The Blackberry I've never liked. Push email - wow (sarcasm - not directed to OP, but to the concept). Push technology is over hyped and I, for one, do not want my life to be dictated by corporate emails 24/7.

EDIT: as the original question was about which one I prefer ovr the two, it would be the iPhone
    Last edited by Meh; 30-06-2009 at 19:00.

Quote Originally Posted by Rimmer View Post
    I have an iPhone, but only because it was the best gizmo at the time. I hate the fact that Apple like to control what you can and can't do with the phone, so the first thing I did was jailbreak the phone. The other major gripe is that Apple delivered a phone that couldn't perform basic functionality like forward sms, MMS, full bluetooth amongst a host of other non-implemented features. Most have been rectified in the latest firmware, but too late in my books. Other phones are catching up on the UI, and it won't be long before I ditch the iPhone.

The Blackberry I've never liked. Push email - wow (sarcasm - not directed to OP, but to the concept). Push technology is over hyped and I, for one, do not want my life to be dictated by corporate emails 24/7.
    No offence taken

I thought it hilarious that I couldn't send an MMS to hubby - a simple task that an "all singing, all dancing" iPhone couldn't do, forwarding SMS's etc - as you said, the latest firmware upgrade is enabling that, but it should have been basic functionality available from initial release, not something having to wait 3 iPhone versions later for.

Push email I was using as an example as iPhones have the same capabilities, so there's no difference there, but I do find the keyboard far easier to use on the BB than on the iPhone, but that is down to personal preferences. I'm luckily not bound by corporate email, but unfortunately, running your own business does require contact pretty much 24/7 especially when hubby is working 16 hour days, and working from home with a lot of children, makes laptop time limited.

I charge my BB once a week, whereas hubby has to charge his every day, which doesn't seem great, and he had to pay out for a new FM modulator for the car/van because the old one he had been using with his nano for a few years, wasn't compatible with the iPhone.

The one thing I do need to find out is whether there is a firmware upgrade allowing BB's to be compatible with N technology wireless, as the last time I tried, it wasn't, so had to revert back to B/G

Yeah, thats another thing thats royally pissed me off. The incar iPod Video cradle I had installed will play the content of the iPhone but not charge. Why?! Is the same connector!

Won't charge the new Nano either - my eldest plugs his into my car cradle - plays the songs, no charging though

This is interesting, I need a new phone and would like one that interfaces with the ical on my macbook and my hubby's imac.

Is an iphone my only option? He has a blackberry, and I have an ancient old phone and a paper diary.

I'd be very surprised if there wasn't stong integration between the iPhone and all Apple notebook products. Other phones will probably support it via 3rd party apps, but don't hold your breath.

Its the iphone for me. The beauty is its simplicity. I agree though that battery life is appalling. I use mine as much for the ipod features as the phone. I love the web access on it as well as being able to store loads of music and movies.

I am a gadget phreak and doubtless when my contract comes up for renewal I will go for the latest all singing all dancing whatever.

As an aside. Since I have owned the iphone its made me keen to get a Mac Airbook. Just a slight pity the Bank balance is more geared to a Sinclair ZX 80
    Love many, trust few, always paddle your own canoe

The airbook look cool, but is it functionally any better than the macbook? (I love my macbook!)

My elder son wants a macbook pro, but my younger son has just sold his mac mini on ebay and built a new computer with components he bought off the internet.

Don't ask me how he did it but for £400 he has a computer that is both a pc and thinks it is a macbook pro. He has two hard drives one runs apple stuff and the other vista.

Hubby has stuck with the imac.

I think that I might go for the iphone, but tbh, I never use my ipod - too much hastle taking out my hearing aids and then putting them back in if anyone wants to speak with me so that functionality is kind of wasted on me.

Thread Information