Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Jason Grimshaw (Ryan Thomas)

Jason Grimshaw (Ryan Thomas)

Coronation Street's Jason Grimshaw - played by 25-year-old Ryan Thomas - looks to have potentially found 'the one' in Tina McIntrye (Michelle Keegan) as the pair fire up a relationship on the cobbles. However, the path of happiness is, as ever, blocked by none other than Tina's ex-boyfriend David Platt (Jack P. Shepherd). So what's to come for Jason and Tina? Is Jason still pining for his estranged wife Sarah? And will we ever see Jason's brother Todd back in Weatherfield? We gave Ryan a call to find out.

What were your first thoughts when you were told that they'd be throwing Jason and Tina together?
    "I just thought it was really good for their storylines because I knew it'd bring the Platts and the Grimshaws back together in their usual warring ways. Who could forget the famous fight on the cobbles between Gail and Eileen? I think at some point that'll come again. There's always banter from one side of the Street to the other."

Apart from the obvious, what attracts Jason to Tina?
    "I think it's because she's quite full-on with Jason. She made a big effort with him in the beginning, so he just played off that and spiced up his life a bit in the process. He wanted a bit more fun than just sitting there having a pint in The Rovers every day."

It all came a little out of the blue, didn't it?
    "Yeah, Jason completely wasn't aware that Tina fancied him. She had to come onto him to make him realise, but as soon as he got the sign, he was in there! It doesn't take him long to get his pants off! I think Jason was playing with the situation a bit as well to see what he could get out of her. When he started getting the right signals, he just thought 'I might as well have a go'. They seem to be very happy at the moment."

Did the fact that Tina went out with David have any impact on Jason's decision to start seeing her?
    "I don't think he wants to step on David's toes, no! I think he'd rather have an easy life!"

Do you think Jason and Tina work well together?
    Yeah, I do. What we're doing at the moment is really great material and it's nice to see them happy and playing off each other. There's hopefully more of them together."

What's the general feel about where the relationship's going?
    "I think it's quite serious. They're really trying to make it work."

Wedding bells on the horizon, then?
    "Ohh, there always is in Corrie isn't there?! We've had that many weddings, I can't keep up!"

Is Tina 'the one' for Jason?
    "I don't think that's possible in soapland because things always change. I wouldn't like to say she's 'the one' because it could all end in tears when the storyline comes to a head. At the moment, Jason's found someone that he's comfortable with. He's not getting spoken down to, either. The girls that Jason's fallen for in the past, someone's never right. I think in Tina, he's found someone who he can have a comfortable relationship with, where he's not having to worry too much about her. It's effortless for them. It's nice to see."

Do you think Jason still loves Sarah at all?
    "I've always said that he'll always hold a flame for Sarah - and he makes little jokes about the situation and you could tell her loved her when he was with Becky - but now, he's really playing it down, almost like he's over her. He's not forgotten her, but he's starting to move on."

Jason can't seem to shake off David, can he?
    "No, he'll never shake David off. The storyliners love to see David battering Jason!"

You've been getting naked quite a lot on screen quite recently. Do you think that the producers are quite partial to seeing a bit of flesh?
    "I think they want to see a bit more nakedness, yeah! It's all fun and games and Jason's a builder having a bit of a laugh. He doesn't take things too seriously. I don't mind getting naked in the right context. I think he just shows off for Tina, too. She says 'get your pants down', Jason gets his pants down!"

What's it like working with Sue Cleaver?
    "She's fab. She's a well-loved character and a well-loved mum. Sue brings all of our scenes to life. She's the rock of our family, too."

Jason has a great dynamic with his brother Todd. Would you like to see Bruno Langley back again?
    "I really do hope so. We were just talking about that before. I did mention it to Kim [Crowther] at a meeting to see if there was any chance, but I just don't think the time's right for Todd to be back yet. But eventually, fingers crossed, he'll return."

How's life as a new dad treating you?
    "Life being a dad is absolutely fantastic. I love it to bits."

Have you been up to see your brother Adam at Emmerdale yet?
    "I haven't yet, but I'm sure I'll get the guided tour at some point. I forget that he's in Emmerdale until I'm asked about it at the moment because he's not even on screen yet! He's really enjoying himself. I was well chuffed for him when I found out."

So its serious then? I thought these 2 were only getting together as she was trying to make some money through doing and selling places.

Rosie to bed Grimshaw

CORONATION Street is to screen its raunchiest-ever sex scenes that will push the boundaries of decency on primetime TV.

And bosses at Britains longest-running soap are bracing themselves for a backlash from loyal viewers.

The explicit storyline, which will be aired before the 9pm watershed for adult scenes, involves saucy Rosie Webster bedding builder Jason Grimshaw.

Viewers will see the smouldering couple tear off each others clothes before writhing semi-naked on the floor, gasping with pleasure.

Rosie, played by Helen Flanagan, 20, has turned up the heat in Weatherfield with a string of raunchy liaisons since she turned to her teens.

But her passionate romp with Jason, played by Ryan Thomas, 26, is believed to be the most explicit scene yet.

A show insider told The People: These episodes will be, without a doubt, the hottest ever shown by any soap.

The crew and cameramen are already bribing each other for places on set when the scenes are filmed.

But as with any scenes like this, we are bracing ourselves for a backlash of complaints.

The sizzling sexual tension between the lusty pair will come to a head after Jason drives wannabe model Rosie to a photo-shoot and gets roped into the action when a male model fails to turn up.

Desperate to stop her big break falling through, Rosie begs her pal to step in, pleading: Please Jason. This is the job that Ive been dreaming about.

Writhe

After seeing Rosie in her skimpy lingerie, Jason doesnt need asking twice happily stepping into a pair of micro-briefs that barely cover his modesty.

Sultry Rosie is stunned by the transformation in her friend.

The half-naked pair then pose in a series of provocative positions, both becoming turned on when Rosie is asked to lay on Jasons chest and wrap her arms and leg around his bare torso.

Viewers will see the couple getting more hot and bothered as the photographer encourages Rosie to writhe against Jason while fondling and caressing him.

At one point, aroused Jason bites his lip with embarrassment after Rosie tries to reassure him about the job, whispering: Its not very hard, is it.

But the real action comes after the shoot when the pair return to Rosies empty house and their pent-up frustration gets the better of them.

Leaping on each other, they begin kissing passionately while breathlessly tearing at their clothes.

In his haste to strip, Jason sends a lamp crashing to the floor but is urged on by Rosie who pants: No please dont stop. Ignore it. Its just a bit of old tat that my mum bought on the market.

The semi-naked couple then fall on the sofa and tumble on to the floor in their desperation to grope each others bodies.

As they writhe on the carpet the camera pans away from them leaving Rosies squeals of pleasure to do the talking.

Our source said: Despite the decision to stick to tradition and keep the actual sex scene private, everyone knows this episode is going to provoke a wave of complaints.

Some people are going to feel that the scenes are far too explicit for a programme shown before the watershed time.

But after careful deliberations, the producers decided it was worth the backlash that we might have to deal with. Now everyone is talking about the impact it is going to have when the show is screened in a few months we are expecting it to be explosive.

The controversial storyline to be screened on Friday October 22 will open ITV to fresh accusations it is resorting to salacious material to boost ratings.

But the claims will be no surprise to actress Helen, who has played the part since she was nine. She created a stir in 2007 when student Rosie began an affair with tutor John Stape.

The storyline caused such distress among viewers that it was blamed for triggering an attack on actor Graeme Hawley, 36, earlier this year.

And in 2008, Helen sexed up the street again when her character dressed in knickers and a skimpy corset in a bid to seduce a man twice her age factory boss Tony Gordon played by Gray OBrien, 41.

Months later, scenes of the scantily-clad babe performing a striptease to lure back lover Luke Strong (Craig Kelly, 39) had to be cut because they were too raunchy.

Instead the saucy footage was posted online, showing Rosie {throwing off her coat to reveal yet another sexy basque, stockings and suspenders. Jason Grimshaw has had his flings, too last year he romped with Tina McIntyre, played by Michelle Keegan, 23.

Helen, who was nominated for Sexiest Female at the British Soap Awards this year, has made no secret of her love for Rosies racy antics.

She said: I love Rosies tarty outfits the worse they are, the better because they really help me get into character.

The scene where Rosie stood in the street wearing just a corset and suspenders was fantastic. The corset was from Agent Provocateur and I love their stuff. I didnt feel self-conscious at all.

We all have to learn to love ourselves. I also love Rosie she is a great character.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to alan45 For This Useful Post:

tammyy2j (15-08-2010)

Oh god what a terrible pairing

Why doesnt she just bed the whole street then!

SEXPOT Rosie Webster is left begging for it when her new hunk chooses to spend a night with a cement-mixer rather than romp with her.

Rosie will get it together with Street hunk Jason Grimshaw after the two of them end up doing a sexy photo-shoot modelling underwear.

After getting hot and steamy on set the pair will be left panting for more and end up enjoying a wild sex session.

But Jason (Ryan Thomas, 26) is gutted the next morning when Rosie (Helen Flanagan, 20) acts as though nothing happened.

Desperate to share her bed again, Jason decides to play hard to get in the hope that it will turn her on.

The lad’s cool approach pays dividends when Rosie begins to hint at a repeat performance.

Realising his “can’t be bothered” act is working so well, Jason pushes it further by telling her: “Look, I’d like to do it again but I’m up early in the morning and I’ve got to pick up a cement-mixer from the hire shop before they close.”

In scenes to be screened in late autumn, Rosie, left, is devastated at the prospect of having to play second fiddle to a cement-mixer, and gasps: “I don’t believe this.

“Are you telling me that you’d choose to sort out a cement mixer rather than me?

“OK, if you want me to beg then I will.

“But there’s no way you’re leaving this house until we have more of what we had the other night.”

And as she locks the door, Rosie giggles to a victorious Jason: “Race you upstairs – last one in bed’s a sissy.”

Quote Originally Posted by Abbie View Post
    Why doesnt she just bed the whole street then!
    Give her time and Im sure she will. Although Im sure she would draw the line at Norris

I think these 2 are well matched actually!

Quote Originally Posted by Ruffed_lemur View Post
    I think these 2 are well matched actually!
    I agree. Dumb and Dumber
    Happy New Year SoapBoards!

11. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Chris_2k11 For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (06-09-2010), Ruffed_lemur (09-09-2010), tammyy2j (16-09-2010)

As a builder Jason would be well used to working with planks.

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to alan45 For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (06-09-2010), tammyy2j (16-09-2010)

Thread Information