Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast

Thread: Jason Grimshaw (Ryan Thomas)

Coronation Street star Ryan Thomas has revealed that he's still in the dark over Jason Grimshaw's exit storyline.

The actor shocked fans last October when he announced his decision to bow out from his role as Jason to "pursue new challenges" after 15 years.

Viewers can still expect a few twists and turns on the way for Jason before he leaves in the summer, starting next week when he learns that his father Tony Stewart has died from a suspected heart attack.

However, asked how he's expecting to feel about filming his final scenes, Thomas replied: "I can't even begin to think about it. I don't think I can even answer that at the moment. I have no words for that one.

"I have no idea what my exit storyline is, because I don't tend to try and find that sort of stuff out."

One thing's for sure - we'll see a new side to Jason once he's heard the tragic news about Tony, as he starts to lash out at everyone around him.

"He massively directs his anger towards Liz. He needs someone to blame and Liz is that person," Thomas continued.

"It is very nasty and malicious - he decides she is to blame because she drove Tony out of Weatherfield. If she hadn't kicked him out, he wouldn't have left and would be here now.

"It is very irrational and unfair to give Liz the blame. It is out of character for Jason but so is his behaviour generally. He even calls her names and confronts her in The Rovers.

"Even though Liz is not a character that would normally stand for that sort of behaviour, I was surprised by her reaction because she just lets him do it and say those things. She takes it on the chin and feels Jason's pain and lets herself be the punch bag. She is a mum and she feels for him."

Jason also turns his anger towards Aidan Connor while drinking at The Rovers, before later making a move which could upset him even more - making a move on Eva Price.

Thomas said: "There is always something between him and Eva. He gets drunk and tries to make a move on her. She knows he is hurting. It's a shame that things didn't work out between them.

"But I think Jason thinks they have all been 'the one'! When I think about it, there was Becky and Sarah and Rosie - he loved them all and they were the ones who broke his heart and left him. Once he falls in love, he commits himself totally. They always turn his back on him."

Asked whether he wants Jason to find love again before he goes, he replied: "No, if I am being honest. There is other stuff happening in his life. I think this time if he met someone he would be the one to leave them. I don't want him to have his heart broken again. He is not prepared to commit. If he was to end up with someone, it wouldn't be for love."

Coronation Street fans will see Jason learn of Tony's death on Monday, April 25 at 7.30pm and 8.30pm on ITV.

Digital Spy

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (19-04-2016)

Their relationship has been turbulent to say the least.
    But Coronation Street's Jason Grimshaw is beside himself with grief as he comes to terms with the death of his father Tony Stewart as illustrated in these sneak-peek photos.
    Actor Ryan Thomas is seen breaking down in tears as he and his on-screen mother Eileen (Sue Cleaver) attend Tony's funeral in an upcoming episode.

Jason is suitably styled for the sombre occasion, dressed in a navy suit, a pale blue shirt and a striped skinny tie.

He is seen being comforted by his mother Eileen as the pair sit on a bench in the cemetery awaiting the burial.
    His face is evidently pained by the sudden loss of his old man who made his first reappearance in his life in 2003.
    Suitably styled: Jason (played by Ryan Thomas) is dressed in a slim-fitting navy suit for the sombre occasion. His face is evidently pained as he stares at his relative's grave from afar

A painful sight: Jason watches on as his old man's coffin is carried out of a Cheshire church

Much to Eileen's disapproval, Jason forged a relationship with Tony in 2003 and lived with him briefly. Before then the father had been absent from his son's life.
    The character was then absent from the long-running ITV soap for 11 years before making a reappearance in January 2014.
    Tony - was was played by Terence Maynard during his most recent soap stint - went on to enjoy a romance with Liz McDonald while having an affair with Tracy Barlow.
    In July 2015, he proved just how much of a dedicated father he is by plotting revenge against Callum Logan who had badly beaten his son.
    He then reconciled his relationship with Liz (Beverley Callard) but he was left humiliated when she later admitted it was only in order to get her son Steve's (Simon Gregson) share of the Rovers Return pub back.

The revelation was the nail in the coffin for Tony who decided to leave Weatherfield for good, relocating to Birmingham in scenes which aired in November.
    Talking about the exit storyline, Terence told Digital Spy: 'If you can imagine being a child watching a show that you've grown up with and then being in it, it's almost surreal and I feel blessed to have been in this show.
    'I'll miss it with all my heart, no doubt about that.'

Daily Mail

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (24-04-2016)

Coronation Street's Jason Grimshaw tries to ban his mum Eileen from Tony Stewart's funeral next week.

The builder's behaviour is currently spiralling out of control following the tragic news that his father has died from a heart attack.

Viewers have already seen Jason (Ryan Thomas) lash out at the likes of Liz McDonald, Eva Price and Aidan Connor - but it seems that the biggest surprise is yet to come as he also turns against his own mother.

Suddenly full of bitterness and resentment over past animosity in the family, Jason tells Eileen (Sue Cleaver) that she should stay away from Tony's funeral.

It's the day of Tony's funeral
    © ITV

Eileen is stunned by Jason's harsh words, but she eventually decides that she has every right to say her own goodbyes to Tony and heads along regardless.

When Eileen enters the church, it's just as Jason is giving an emotional eulogy. Jason is furious that Eileen has defied his wishes - and even vicar Billy Mayhew can't talk him round when he tries to defuse the situation.

Jason pays tribute to Tony
    © ITV

Jason pays tribute to Tony
    © ITV

Jason is still furious with his mum as Tony's funeral starts
    © ITV
    Eileen ends up leaving the church upset as the tension mounts with Jason, but they later have a much-needed heart-to-heart at Tony's grave.

As the reality sinks in that his dad really has gone for good, will Jason swallow his pride and accept the support of his caring mum?

Coronation Street airs these scenes on Monday, May 9 at 7.30pm and 8.30pm on ITV.

Digital Spy

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (03-05-2016), maidmarian (03-05-2016)

He knows his Dad treated Eileen badly. She is hurting just as much as him as she had a long standing relationship with him and had a child with him!

Coronation Street's cast and crew said goodbye to Ryan Thomas with a round of applause in an emotional moment captured on video.

Follow
    Amy-Jayne Lister ‎@TinkersLister
    @ryanjamesthomas Good bye & Good luck bubble boy. Go and be great 💎💝
    5:17 PM - 26 May 2016
    25 25 Retweets 65 65 likes
    Ryan shot his final scene as Jason Grimshaw on Thursday (May 26) - and was given a beautiful sendoff as his workers all gathered to say goodbye.

The actor also shared another clip of Corrie producer Kieran Roberts paying tribute to Ryan Thomas's contributions to the soap.

"It's not the job I will miss it's the people, really going to miss @itvcorrie so much it's the best 16 years of my life #goodbyejasongrimshaw #endofanera," Ryan wrote on Instagram.

Ryan announced last October that he would be bidding a fond farewell to the cobbles after a long stint as the heartthrob Jason Grimshaw.

Jason first appeared in Corrie on Christmas Day in 2000 - and over the years has become one of the soap's most popular leading men.

Jason Grimshaw's final scenes are expected to air next month.

http://www.digitalspy.com/soaps/coro...-final-scenes/

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (27-05-2016)

Ryan Thomas has revealed he might go back to drama school following his Coronation Street exit.

The actor announced he was leaving his role as Jason Grimshaw last October and filmed his final scenes earlier this month, receiving a round of applause from the cast and crew.

"I want to be creative and maybe go back to drama school to learn again because I've only ever known how to be one character. So it's about a new challenge, whatever it might be," Thomas told The Mirror at the British Soap Awards.

His exit will be screened on ITV next month and the actor admitted that it was sad to leave the Cobbles, but was excited for what the future holds.

Jason is shocked by Todd's announcement
    © ITV

"It was so hard saying goodbye to Sue Cleaver and Bruno Langley, they have been like my family from the very beginning, we came in together and we've grown up together," Thomas expanded.

"I love them dearly. Me and Bruno were children when we came in and now we've got children. It's great. It was really lovely, there was a lot of love in one room. As cheesy as it is, we're a family."

Last week, Sue Cleaver, who played Thomas's on-screen mum Eileen Grimshaw, admitted that she was "beside herself" when the actor filmed his final scenes.

The actor's brother, Scott Thomas, will be seen in this series of Love Island and he told Digital Spy that he reckons Ryan will eventually end up doing I'm a Celebrity.

Digital Spy

11. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (31-05-2016), Splashy (30-05-2016), swmc66 (03-06-2016)

Isle of Widget.. well used to be more Southampton ish for now
    He should be going to cooking burgers school

I mean I wish the guy all the best but realistically what is his aspiration? Really cant see him in Shakespeare, but then has he set his sights on America, that might work. Lets hope he leaves his slot in the show open so he can come back if needed, he is an asset to the show.

13. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Splashy For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (31-05-2016), Perdita (30-05-2016), TaintedLove (30-05-2016)

Quote Originally Posted by Splashy View Post
    He should be going to cooking burgers school

I mean I wish the guy all the best but realistically what is his aspiration? Really cant see him in Shakespeare, but then has he set his sights on America, that might work. Lets hope he leaves his slot in the show open so he can come back if needed, he is an asset to the show.
    As I said on another thread recently, there doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason to me as to who makes it in Hollywood. I think Ryan's acting is quite weak, but he probably stands as good a chance as any - especially if he takes acting lessons. I think there'll always be a place for him on Coronation Street though.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Dazzle For This Useful Post:

Splashy (01-06-2016)

I think his brother said in an interview he has been offered money to do CBB and I'm A Celeb

17. The Following User Says Thank You to tammyy2j For This Useful Post:

Splashy (01-06-2016)

Isle of Widget.. well used to be more Southampton ish for now
    Quote Originally Posted by tammyy2j View Post
    I think his brother said in an interview he has been offered money to do CBB and I'm A Celeb
    Oh, one of his close mates would need to tell him if his real life personality is suited to that, Sean off the cobbles is only now coming back from people disliking him in the jungle along with Chas Dingle. Those shows may come with a lump of money but letting the cameras see you as you really are is a hell of a risk career whys.

If I was a close mate, Id say keep that job mate, do lessons in your spare time and get ready for Panto season

19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Splashy For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (01-06-2016), parkerman (01-06-2016)

Thread Information