Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Jason Grimshaw (Ryan Thomas)

Kevin Webster (Michael Le Vell) is disgusted when Rosie Webster (Helen Flanagan) borrows baby Jack for a mother and baby photoshoot and then she and Jason Grimshaw (Ryan Thomas) bring home the wrong baby...

Coronation Street star Ryan Thomas has said that he wants "fun" times ahead on the cobbles for his character Jason Grimshaw.

Jason will be left heartbroken later this week as his girlfriend Rosie Webster dumps him to take part in a reality TV show in London. The plot twist is Helen Flanagan's exit storyline as she recently decided to leave the soap.

Speaking to Lorraine about what could be next for Jason, Thomas explained: "I know the direction it's going. I'm not allowed to say too much about it, but I know that they're putting me with [different] people and I don't know what's going to happen there. But that should be exciting for him.

"I just want Jason to have a bit of fun. He's been tied to that relationship and he always seems to get into relationships too quickly."

Thomas also confirmed that he will miss Flanagan following her recent departure from the programme.

"In real life, she is the funniest person ever," he commented. "We will [miss her], yeah. Obviously a lot of people come and go over the years, but when you work so closely with someone… She's a massive character and she will be missed.

"They've kept the door wide open for Helen. People like to spread their wings, go out there and see what the real world is about, because we're a big bubble in that show. We wish Helen all the best."

Coronation Street airs Rosie's exit episodes on Friday at 7.30pm and 8.30pm on ITV1.

Coronation Street star Ryan Thomas has revealed that his character Jason Grimshaw is about to get a new love interest.

The builder *recently enjoyed a fling with Rovers Return landlady Stella Price (Michelle Collins), but is currently single after the pair split.

Asked who Jason's ideal woman would be, Thomas told the Sunday Mirror: "I'd pick Deirdre. I love Annie (Kirkbride) and we have a right good laugh. I think that would be quite funny.

"Or Liz McDonald. I'm really pleased Bev (Callard) is coming back. That would cause problems for Steve and I'd love that, to be sat there with his mum on the couch."

On filming scenes with Collins, he added: "I said to her, 'You know what, when I was about 12 I used to really fancy Cindy Beale. If someone would have told me that years later I'd be copping off with you I'd never have believed it'.

"It was like living every teenager's dream, so I really enjoyed the *storyline. She's a great actress and I'd like them to get back together."

Thomas, who has been in Corrie for 13 years, has just signed another 12-month contract with the soap.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

tammyy2j (17-06-2013)

Will it be a new character so?

Coronation Star Ryan Thomas has revealed that his character Jason Grimshaw is scared for the safety of his former girlfriend Stella Price.

Viewers will see Karl lose his temper with Jason next week and reveal that it was him who torched his van.

Thomas said: "He is concerned about Stella. The love he had for her has been replaced by a need to protect her.

"He's so suspicious of Karl and worried about Stella's safety. He's being a bit of a spy and trying to puzzle all the pieces together.

"He thinks Stella doesn't really know Karl as much as she thinks she does. Karl's threatening behaviour has just increased his suspicions that he started the Rover's fire, so his concern for Stella is growing."

Jason's suspicions over Karl's involvement in the fire are further increased when he is told that Karl wasn't around much on the Full Monty night.

Thomas said: "It's another part of the puzzle coming together. He's banging his head against a brick wall with Dev because he's just trying to drill his suspicions into him and trying to push the evidence forward.

"With Dev having so much going on after losing his wife and struggling to come to terms with it, Jason's having a bit of a nightmare and feels like he's fighting a losing battle.

"As soon as he gets one little bit of evidence he clings on to it. The more evidence he gets the better his story is and it's more believable."

JASON GRIMSHAW TO SUFFER BRUTAL ATTACK IN SHOCKING NEW PLOT
    Coronation Street will air a dark storyline later this year when Jason Grimshaw is brutally attacked by a gang of thugs.
    Jason will be left fighting for his life after the vicious beating, which is plotted by twisted Callum Logan.
    Callum will vow revenge on Jason after the builder steps in to stop him threatening the Platt family, and viewers will be shocked by the severity of Jason's attack as it becomes evident just how evil Callum can really be.
    Show boss Stuart Blackburn previously hinted at the story when he revealed that the Grimshaw brothers would cross paths with Sarah and Callum.
    As doctors battle to save a seriously injured Jason, his devastated parents Eileen and Tony will be seen holding a vigil at the hospital as they fear he could die.
    The assault is also set to send shockwaves through Weatherfield as residents try to make sense of what happened on their doorstep.
    Fans will have to wait and see how the rest of the story plays out but The Sun reports that when Sarah discovers Callum was behind the vicious beating, she will waste no time in telling Tony.
    Love many, trust few, always paddle your own canoe

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to alan45 For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (20-07-2015), maidmarian (20-07-2015), tammyy2j (28-07-2015)

Coronation Street star Ryan Thomas couldn't be happier about the dramatic storyline ahead for his character Jason Grimshaw.

Yesterday, it was revealed that Jason will become the victim of a brutal attack when bad boy Callum Logan (Sean Ward) arranges for him to be beaten up.

The shock incident will take place after Jason starts to challenge the villain, keen to protect the Platt family after Callum becomes more of a menacing presence on the Street.

Thomas confirmed the reports on ITV's This Morning today (July 21), explaining: "It's been great. Sean is really amazing. He's a breath of fresh air - him and Tez, who's come into the show and plays my dad. I've been working with them both a lot and it's enjoyable.

"It's different for Jason's character because he's normally playing the loveable family guy. It's just a change of character for him where he gets to be a little bit more aggressive and protective over his family and people around him. He's got a lot to do with Sarah and Bethany, protecting them and the Platts. There's a lot of fighting going on!"

He jokingly added: "There are great hospital scenes. I came back from Ibiza on the Sunday, I was in work on the Monday and I slept all day in a hospital bed! The director said to me, 'Can you stop snoring?' It was the best bit of acting I've ever done!"

Thomas also said that he is delighted his co-star Catherine Tyldesley is now back on set playing Jason's ex-girlfriend Eva Price. Tyldesley returned to filming last week after a six-month maternity break.

"She's great, it's like she's not been gone," Thomas commented. "She's fitted straight back in, because that's what a character like that does - it's easy for them to come in and start again and pick up where they left off. It's been great working with her."

digitalspy.co.uk/soaps

10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

Glen1 (21-07-2015), maidmarian (21-07-2015), swmc66 (21-07-2015), tammyy2j (28-07-2015)

Why does Jason step in, cant Nick or David sort out Callum?

Coronation Street's Jason Grimshaw is viciously beaten after being called out on bogus job by pretty blonde in a set-up by drug dealer Callum Logan
    The future is not looking bright for Coronation Street's Jason Grimshaw.
    Weatherfield's beloved builder is beaten to a pulp and left fighting for his life when he's called out on a bogus job and beaten up by a bunch of heavies.
    In scenes filmed on Monday, Jason (Ryan Thomas) can be seen chatting outside with the pretty blonde who lures him to her home with the promise of work.
    him, drug dealer Callum Logan (Sean Ward) has got to her first and it's all one big set-up.
    Jason arrives at the flat with his tool box only to discover Callum is there waiting for him. And he's not alone...
    Callum is out to hurt Jason after he tried to get him to stop threatening the Platts.
    Callum, who is set to embroil Bethany Platt in a drug-deal, then orders a revenge attack on Jason. And he doesn't hold back.
    Eileen (Sue Cleaver) and dad Tony (Terence Maynard) are left praying that he'll pull through but what will Jason's hard man dad do when he finds out who's responsible for his son's fragile state?
    According to reports, the gang's attack on Jason is 'truly sickening' and will definitely shock viewers.
    'But that is exactly what bosses want to achieve,' a show source told the Sun. 'They want to show fans how evil Callum can be when he puts his mind to it.'
    and Ryan, Sean and the blonde woman are seen chatting on set. The pair clearly get along well off screen with Sean passing Ryan the book he's been reading between scenes.
    Jason is very much able-bodied and all three appear to be in great spirits before the drama unfolds inside the flat.
    Jason has been on the Street since 2000 and had a brush with death back in 2007 when David Platt sabotaged some scaffolding, sending Jason plummeting to the ground.
    in Ryan's on-screen tale comes as his co-star Craig Charles showed off his DJing skills at Beatyard Festival in Dublin on Sunday night.
    The 51-year-old actor, who is best knows at Weatherfield's Lloyd Mullaney, worked up a sweat as he played his favourite funk and soul tunes to the crowd.
    Afterwards he took time out to hug all of his fans once he'd wrapped up at 10.30pm.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

maidmarian (04-08-2015)

Coronation Street star Ryan Thomas QUITS the cobbles and plans to head for Hollywood

The actor, who plays builder Jason Grimshaw, has set his sights on a movie career in the USA and will quit the soap next summer

Career builder: Ryan Thomas will head to Hollywood to try to become a film star
    Corrie star Ryan Thomas is to quit the show – and has set his sights on a Hollywood movie career.

The actor, who plays builder Jason Grimshaw, joined the ITV soap 15 years ago as a teenager and said he felt it was “time to spread my wings and try other roles”.

He told bosses he had taken the decision to “pursue new challenges”.

Ryan, 31, said: “It has been a great privilege to be in Coronation Street – the cast and crew are among the best in the business. To be a part of it for so long has been an amazing experience.

Teacher of the Year Elaine Wyllie, on stage Ryan Thomas with Carol Vorderman
    “The decision to leave was extremely difficult. I’m just excited now to see what exit storyline the writers give Jason.”

Producer Stuart Blackburn paid tribute to the star, whose final scenes will air next summer.

Blackburn said: “Ryan has been an important part of Coronation Street for 15 years.

“We wish him every success when he moves on next year and we appreciate his desire to try new things.

Tony Stewart [TERRENCE MAYNARD] and Jason Grimshaw’s [RYAN THOMAS]Street star: As Jason with on-screen dad Tony (Terrence Maynard)
    “In the coming months he’ll be at the heart of a massive story, affecting not just his family but the Websters and the Windasses too which will take us well into 2016.”

Before announcing his decision today, Ryan hinted at the Pride of Britain Awards last week that he was ready to quit.

He said he would love to make a name for himself in the movie capital of the world.

He said: “Going to Hollywood is a dream so I’m going to see what happens.

“We can always dream. I’ve been on the show for 15 years now, I always pinch myself, I’m blessed.”

Ryan would not be the first Corrie star to become a hit in the US.

Matthew Marsden , 42, who played mechanic Chris Collins in the late 1990s, went on to appear in Hollywood films and American TV shows such as Helen of Troy.

Michelle Keegan , who was Tina McIntyre in the Street, also said she wanted to “try something” in the US.

Ryan, who is believed to earn around £90,000 a year for his role in Corrie, was declared bankrupt in 2013 over an unpaid tax bill of up to £40,000.
    Love many, trust few, always paddle your own canoe

15. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to alan45 For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (07-10-2015), maidmarian (07-10-2015), tammyy2j (07-10-2015)

Thread Information