Page 3 of 26 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Michael Jackson Dies, Aged 50.

The family of Michael Jackson have released their first public statement following the news that he has died.

The 'Thriller' star, 50, was pronounced dead at a Los Angeles hospital last night after suffering a suspected cardiac arrest. An autopsy will be performed later today.

Speaking to reporters, his brother Jermaine said: "My brother, the legendary king of pop, Michael Jackson, passed away on Thursday, June 25, at 2.26 pm.

"It is believed he suffered cardiac arrest in his home. However, the cause of his death is unknown until the results of the autopsy are known.

"The personal physician who was with him at the time attempted to resuscitate my brother, as did paramedics who transported him to the hospital.

"Upon arriving at the hospital at approximately 1.14 pm, a team of doctors, including emergency physicians and cardiologists, attempted to resuscitate him for a period of one hour and they were unsuccessful.

"Our family requests that the media please respect our privacy during this tough time, and may Allah be with you Michael."

What a shock this is.

I grew up with the music of Michael Jackson, he was having huge hits at the time I was a student and his music was always playing in the discos.

He obviously had his issues, and at some point his reality grew warped but I guess that is the danger of growing up in the public domain and being a star from such a young age. Very few child stars seem to be unaffected by the fame, money and pressure. He was a troubled soul.

When I was a kid it seemed that the news programmes were always mentioning some old hollywood star who had died - they seemed so old and far away.

They are getting much closer now.

I hope that Michael is at peace now.

do you think he is faking it? coincidence same day has Farrah!!
    westlife @ echo 18th march 2011 block 17
    westlife @ men 22nd march 2011 block C

There is no way this is a fake

arent two celebrity people allowed to die on the same day then

R.i..p MJ so sad, his poor children

Quote Originally Posted by Chris_2k9 View Post
    People on DS are already going on about refunds, distasteful if you ask me.
    some of the facebook statuses from some people are sick!!!! I'm in shock that they can be so disgusting

i just dont know if i believe it or not..a bit like elvis
    westlife @ echo 18th march 2011 block 17
    westlife @ men 22nd march 2011 block C

I didn't think his concerts would happen, but not like this

No matter what has happened in his personal life the man was still a music legend

RIP Michael

Very ,very sad.

As I said a poor troubled soul.

Michael Jackson's back catalogue of music will live forever, just like Elvis's.

Michael Jackson may have died of a painkiller overdose, it has been claimed.

According to The Sun, Jackson aides told staff at the UCLA Medical Centre that the star had collapsed after an injection of pethidine, also known by its brand name Demerol.

A source said: "Shortly after taking the Demerol he started to experience slow shallow breathing. His breathing gradually got slower and slower until it stopped.

"His staff started mouth-to-mouth and an ambulance was called which got there in eight minutes but found he was in full respiratory arrest, no breathing and no pulse. They started full CPR and rushed him to hospital."

They added: "When he arrived they started resuscitation, giving him heart shocks and inserted a breathing tube and other supportive measures to try and save his life.

"He never regained consciousness. The family was told that he had passed."

I can imagine that all the scar tissues from his many operations could have caused him a lot of pain and perhaps trying to get fit for this mammoth tour he had planned was just too much.
    Whatever he did or did not do in his private life, he was a fantastic musician.

Thread Information