Page 1 of 26 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Michael Jackson Dies, Aged 50.

Michael Jackson Dies, Aged 50.

Michael Jackson was taken by ambulance to a hospital in Los Angeles on Thursday (June 25) after suffering cardiac arrest, according to TMZ. The site reported that paramedics administered CPR in the ambulance after picking up the singer at his home in the Holmby Hills neighborhood.

The Los Angeles Times reported that Jackson was not breathing when paramedics arrived. Captain Steve Ruda told the paper that Jackson was not breathing when paramedics responded to a call at Jackson's home around 12:26 p.m. PT.

A Jackson family member reportedly told TMZ that the singer is in "really bad shape" and his brothers are headed to UCLA. Jackson's father, Joe, reportedly told the site that his son is "not doing too well."

MTV News was unable to reach representatives for Jackson at press time.

If the reports are accurate, this development will almost certainly have an impact on the singer's 50 scheduled concerts in London, which are scheduled to begin on July 13. The concerts all sold out within hours of the tickets going on sale.

The residency, called This Is It, is scheduled to continue through February. Jackson has said these are the last shows he'll play in London.

However, the singer has been dogged by a $40 million lawsuit filed earlier this month by promoter AllGood Entertainment Inc., claiming breach of contract and fraud in an attempt to stop Jackson from performing in London. The New Jersey-based company filed the suit in federal court in New York stating that it signed a deal with Jackson's manager, Frank DiLeo, in November 2008 that commits the singer to appear at a Jackson family reunion concert in the U.S. this summer.

AllGood CEO Patrick Allocco told MTV News that the contract was for a concert that was originally scheduled to take place this July. "The date we now have on hold is July 3 in Cowboy Stadium in 2010," Allocco said, adding that the contract stipulates that Jackson cannot perform individually before the AllGood show or for three months after the July event.

Jackson, who had been rehearsing for the London shows in Los Angeles, has claimed he never personally signed the papers for the family-reunion show, and AEG Live CEO Randy Phillips has called the AllGood claims "meritless." But Allocco said, "Frank DiLeo is clearly the manager of [Michael] Jackson now, and he signed the deal on his behalf."

I'm reading that he has died??? is it true??

**** its on sky news!!

R.I.P.
    Last edited by Debs; 25-06-2009 at 23:02.

Apparently he is dead.

Unconfirmed reports as yet though.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/americas/8119951.stm
    Last edited by StarsOfCCTV; 25-06-2009 at 23:02.
    Peter: So how many are there? Is it bad? Olivia: Did you eat? Peter: Yeah. Olivia: Well, that's unfortunate.

People all over Facebook are saying he is dead! I just read he was in a coma.

Same.

The La times has said he's in a coma. Edit: now they say he has died.

Tbh I only trust the BBC news.
    Last edited by StarsOfCCTV; 25-06-2009 at 23:22.
    Peter: So how many are there? Is it bad? Olivia: Did you eat? Peter: Yeah. Olivia: Well, that's unfortunate.

American News are saying he is dead, a massive heart attack!

We've just learned Michael Jackson has died. He was 50.

Michael suffered a cardiac arrest earlier this afternoon at his Holmby Hills home and paramedics were unable to revive him. We're told when paramedics arrived Jackson had no pulse and they never got a pulse back.

A source tells us Jackson was dead when paramedics arrived. A cardiologist at UCLA tells TMZ Jackson died of cardiac arrest.

Once at the hospital, the staff tried to resuscitate him but he was completely unresponsive.

We're told one of the staff members at Jackson's home called 911.

La Toya ran in the hospital sobbing after Jackson was pronounced dead.

Michael is survived by three children: Michael Joseph Jackson, Jr., Paris Michael Katherine Jackson and Prince "Blanket" Michael Jackson II.
    Last edited by Jessie Wallace; 25-06-2009 at 23:24.

well it aint looking good folks, prepare yourself for the worst.

i cant belive how my whole news feed on facebook has already been taken up by MJ related statuses, stressing me out.

:| I went out for literally half an hour, got back and it's everywhere! But I'm confused as some say hes dead, yet others say he;s in a coma...either way it;s really sad and if it's a coma then I hope he gets better soon!

He is Dead, it's every where now. On English news now too

I can't say I'm a big fan of him but its sad if he has died. I wonder what will happen to his kids, they must be so scared.
    Last edited by StarsOfCCTV; 25-06-2009 at 23:34.

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to StarsOfCCTV For This Useful Post:

Bryan (25-06-2009), Siobhan (26-06-2009)

Thread Information