Page 1 of 23 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Callum Logan

Exclamation Callum Logan

Coronation Street bosses have announced the casting of two new male characters as Kylie Platt's bad boy ex Callum and Michael Rodwell's son Gavin are both joining Weatherfield.

Actor Sean Ward has landed the role of Callum and has already started filming with the soap in scenes with Paula Lane, who plays Kylie.

Sean Ward as Callum in Coronation Street
    © ITV
    Sean Ward as Callum

Callum's arrival will come after Kylie seeks him out for the first time in years, wanting answers about their son Max's medical condition following his ADHD diagnosis.

The ex-convict is billed as a character with "good-looking charm and a dark edge", who soon lures Kylie back into her old life.

Speaking of his new role, Ward commented: "I am delighted to have been given this unique opportunity to join such a brilliant and much-loved show. It is a great honour and it will be a professional challenge to play bad boy Callum. I'm very much looking forward to working closely with Paula."

Coronation Street's producer Stuart Blackburn explained: "Sean is already pulling off that holy grail of creating a character that, whilst dark and dangerous, also has a truly infectious charm and he's going to be a fantastic character."

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

Glen1 (17-08-2014), swmc66 (14-08-2014)

How have two people with very dark hair like Kylie and Callum created Max aka The Blondest Child In The World?
    Last edited by LostVoodoo; 17-08-2014 at 10:11.
    Check out my Strictly Come Dancing Blog! - The 2014 blogging has begun!

I was as blonde as Max when I was his age ... got darker as I became an adult ....

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

mariba (30-09-2014)

Coronation Street introduces a new bad boy later this week as Kylie Platt tracks down her old flame Callum Logan.

Kylie (Paula Lane) seeks out Callum in her old neighbourhood as she wants answers over their son Max's ADHD diagnosis, but it doesn't take long for Callum to drag her back into some bad habits.

With Kylie at a low ebb following recent problems at home, she later meets up with Callum for a second time and asks him for some speed - sending her back into the downward spiral of drug addiction.

Here, Sean Ward - who plays Callum - reveals what viewers can expect from his character and the upcoming storyline.

How would you describe Callum?
    "Callum is a local bad boy from an area just outside of Weatherfield who has recently come out of prison. He's a guy who likes a challenge and he's fearless!"

What does he do with himself?
    "Callum has lost his way somewhere along the line. He's a drug dealer and that's how he earns a living. I think a lot of it is to do with him being able to have and maintain power and control - that's why he sells drugs. I think Callum quite likes selling to people who are worse off than himself as it makes him feel better about his own life."

Do you know much about his family life and his friends?
    "As of yet we don't know much about the Logan family or even if he has much to do with them, but we do meet a number of Callum's close friends and allies in the Dog and Gun pub during my first scenes. All of Callum's mates feature in Kylie's past, so when she comes looking for Callum she gets to see some old faces as well."

Do you think there's any good in Callum, or is he all bad?
    "I do believe there's some good in him. I think deep down he thinks he's genuinely giving Kylie what she wants and is making her happy. I don't think he believes that she's happy back in Weatherfield and I think he believes he's making her feel like herself again. She's the only person he's ever really loved and cared about."

Has he thought about Kylie a lot since they split up?
    "Yes, he's definitely missed having her around and he's definitely thought about her a lot too. I don't think he ever really thought she'd just walk back into his life so easily or that one day she'd just turn up in the pub, certainly not after such a long time."

What is their history?
    "They were together for a good while. I think they were the couple everyone in the area knew about. I imagine it was a tumultuous relationship - they are both quite feisty, so I think there were a lot of alcohol-fuelled arguments on a day to day basis! But he did genuinely love Kylie. I think she's the only girl that has ever matched him and that could rise to the challenge."

Has Callum ever been a dad to Max, even for a short time?
    "He's never been a father figure to Max, no. I think Kylie left before he got a chance to. He got arrested and was sent to prison, so I think that kind of put an end to any opportunity Callum might have had to be a dad to his son."

Coronation Street's Max and Kylie
    © ITV
    Max and Kylie

Has he ever considered going to find Kylie and Max himself?
    "Yes, I think he probably has thought about going to find Kylie and I'm sure he's probably dwelled on the past. But at the same time, Callum's also self-centred and he cares about himself too much to even try and be a proper dad to a son that he's never really known.

"I think Kylie turning up again has given Callum an 'in' and it's suddenly become easier for him now that she's back on the scene. He's not going to let her go so easily this time."

Will Callum be surprised by how much Kylie has changed?
    "It will be a shock when he finds out she's married and has another child, but at the same time I don't think he'll believe it. Callum's got his own idea of who Kylie is and what kind of girl she is, no matter what she's pretending to be to other people. He won't believe that having a ring on her finger will have changed who she is at heart.

"I think Callum will be able to use how well he knew Kylie back in the day to control her and play a few mind games. Callum will tell Kylie that she can't hide from him - he knows her too well."

Can you tell us about Callum's first scenes at the pub in Kylie's old neighbourhood?
    "Callum actually sees Eva first as she's sat on her own with Macca, Callum's mate. Obviously Callum has no idea that she's there with Kylie and that she's Kylie's friend. He sees this stunning blonde woman who's never been seen before in the pub. She looks a bit out of place!

"Callum's straight over there to talk to her, before Kylie comes out of the toilet and they lock eyes. I think it's shock after that. The dimensions completely change. Callum has a cheekiness to him and his attitude towards Kylie at that moment is, 'I knew you'd always come back!'"

What happens next?
    "He then plays it cool and cheeky! He knows exactly how to get under Kylie's skin and how to wind her up. He's very good at it!

"The first time she sees Callum again, there's a lot of people around, a lot of old faces that she's catching up with and Callum almost takes a bit of a back seat while she's talking to them all but never once does he take his eyes off her. He occasionally drops in the odd comment, trying to unnerve her."

At what point does Kylie tell him that she's married and has a daughter now too?
    "It's over a casual game of pool! I know Callum is extremely surprised that she has another child. He thought she really struggled with Max when he was a baby, so he never thought in a million years that she'd have another one.

"I think Callum is intrigued that she has this 'fake' life, as that's how he views it. He knows that's not who Kylie is and doesn't believe she could have changed her ways that much. He's not convinced by the 2.4 family set-up she's got. Kylie's still her feisty self at heart and he knows he can tap into it."

Does Callum think Kylie has come back for him and for the life she left behind?
    "Callum plays it that way. He winds her up by telling her that he knows that she's come back for him. He knows that something's not right with her and something's up. He doesn't believe that Max is the only reason she's come back.

"I don't think Callum is all too bothered about Max, but seeing Kylie makes him realise that he wants her back and he knows there are flaws in the life she has now, or else why would she go backwards? I think he hopes that he'll be able to talk her into his way of thinking so that she starts to see the holes in her life with David."

Kylie is under a lot of pressure at home. Does Callum pick up on that and on her vulnerability?
    "Eventually yes. He starts to see that she's under a lot of pressure and that a lot of it comes from herself - she's trying to be someone she isn't and be the perfect mum. Then when she comes back to her old life and her old mates, who all put her on a bit of a pedestal, she almost relaxes into herself again."

What is Callum's reaction when Kylie asks him for drugs?
    "He's shocked at first and he uses it again as more ammunition to have her where he wants her. He uses it against her by saying that things can't all be rosy at home if she needs drugs from him. Callum likes to be in control, so this is a way in which he can control her."

Does Callum take drugs himself?
    "No, I don't think he does. I reckon he knocked that on the head while he was in prison. Now he knows how in control of people he can be and he relishes that."

Callum gives Kylie the wrap of speed she so desperately wants.
    © ITV
    Callum gives Kylie the wrap of speed she wants

Does Kylie still fancy Callum?
    "I'm undecided on that as of yet. There's definitely something that draws them to one another. But then again I think Kylie has just got far too much going on in her head for her to even process the thought of another fella as well, on top of all her other worries!"

Do you think Callum could be a good dad to Max if he was given the opportunity?
    "Yes, I do actually. At the minute I don't think he cares all that much about having Max in his life, but I think that would change if he was given the chance to get to know him. I think he could love the pair of them."

Will Callum cause trouble for Kylie and the Platts?
    "The way he's going, I'd say yes! He knows what he wants and he won't stop at anything to get it."

Can you tell us about your audition?
    "My audition was with Paula Lane, so I was really nervous! I did my research into Kylie Platt and her background, so I went prepared. I wanted to know as much as possible about Kylie. I knew to expect a feisty character!

"A couple of days after my audition, my agent got a call to say I'd got the job! It was all very fast. I was at home on my own at the time - I always seem to be on my own when I get the call! I think I did a quick lap of the house in excitement! It wasn't too long after that that I started filming."

Did you have input into dressing Callum?
    "I spoke to the costume department before I started. I knew he was a bit rough round the edges but I didn't want him to be a stereotype. He's 26 so he's not a young lad who knocks around parks. It was things like that that I talked through with the costume department."

What's it been like to work with Paula?
    "Amazing. She's looked after me massively - there's a lot to learn. It's a huge family here at Corrie and everyone's been so welcoming, but Paula especially has helped me work everything out - from blocking scenes to looking at next week's schedules. The whole experience of working on the show has been incredible so far and I hope everyone really enjoys the storyline and the character."

Do not like this addition to Corrie. He looks and acts like a pimp

Quote Originally Posted by swmc66 View Post
    Do not like this addition to Corrie. He looks and acts like a pimp
    I think he's meant to lol. We need a good bad boy in Corrie. The only one we have at the moment is Rob, who I've never really taken to (and is leaving soon anyway). Whether Callum will fill the gap we'll have to wait and see.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Dazzle For This Useful Post:

swmc66 (06-10-2014)

him and his pub and estate looked straight out of shameless

11. The Following User Says Thank You to lizann For This Useful Post:

swmc66 (06-10-2014)

he contract been extended and he will arrive on the street and set his sights on katy

13. The Following User Says Thank You to lizann For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (20-10-2014)

Quote Originally Posted by lizann View Post
    he contract been extended and he will arrive on the street and set his sights on katy
    I think that's good news as I like him so far. It's too early to tell if his character will work out long term though. The producers obviously think he will.

oh no

Thread Information