Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Kevin Webster (Michael Le Vell)

CLEARED Michael Le Vell has been portrayed as a victim of crime in his Coronation Street comeback.

Michael, found not guilty of sex offences last year, will come face to face with the police again in his first explosive storyline.

But he will be in the role of a victim of a street theft.

The star returned this week after almost a year away fighting to clear his name of the child sex charges.

And scriptwriters have plunged his character, garage mechanic Kevin Webster, into an intriguing plot.

While Michael, 49, was given a warm welcome back, the same cannot be said for his character.

Kevin has to call the police after he is robbed of some important valuables.

In some of his first scenes back on the Manchester-based soap, Kevin is seen telling Rita Tanner how his bags were stolen. Kevin’s long absence is explained by being away looking after his sick dad.

On the show, Kevin tells Rita: “I’ve called the police, they’re going to be here in a bit.”

Rita, played by Barbara Knox, 80, is shocked that he has been the victim of a crime but admits the street been has hit by a “mini-crimewave” while he has been away.

And, in another plotline, she ruffles his feathers when she talks about his love rival Tim Metcalfe, who is living with his ex Sally. She tells him: “I don’t know what’s wrong with people these days, though saying that we have had a mini-crimewave round her recently.

“A builder’s van got broken into, then there were two burglaries on the next street and one at your Sally’s, which I’m sure she’s told you about.

“From what I hear Tim’s hurt but he scared them off.”

Kevin is annoyed by the reference to Tim and coldly replies: “I suppose I’ve got something to thank him for, then.”

Kevin will soon be involved in a love war over Sally, played by Sally Dynevor, 50.
    Love many, trust few, always paddle your own canoe

Must be Les Dennis carrying out crimes

Quote Originally Posted by swmc66 View Post
    I don't think we will see Ken return.
    I suppose it will depend on the outcome of the trial. If he's found gulity then it will be the end of Ken Barlow but will the writers just write him out in some lame story like they did when Chris Fountain was sacked from Corrie. Not the way we thought Ken Barlows exit from Corrie would be.

Thanks to Vicky for my great new banner xxx
    "Maddest Member again How come I've been taking my meds"

I don't think we will see Ken return.
    I suppose it will depend on the outcome of the trial. If he's found gulity then it will be the end of Ken Barlow but will the writers just write him out in some lame story like they did when Chris Fountain was sacked from Corrie. Not the way we thought Ken Barlows exit from Corrie would be.

Thanks to Vicky for my great new banner xxx
    "Maddest Member again How come I've been taking my meds"

If he is found guilty and as he has been away for so long already, they might as well kill him off in Canada and have a memorial service in Weatherfield and let Deirdre find romance again

Coronation Street star Michael Le Vell will return to work next week, Digital Spy can confirm.

The actor, who plays Kevin Webster, has been away from the show since March after taking a break for personal reasons.

Digital Spy understands that Le Vell will be back on set next week to film his return scenes as Kevin.

Corrie viewers know that Kevin has once again been away in Germany looking after his father Bill, who had injured himself following a nasty fall. The mechanic was last seen on screen in April.

Le Vell took his break from Coronation Street to seek professional help for personal issues. He and ITV reached the decision mutually after the 49-year-old confessed that he used cocaine twice in 2013 while at "his lowest ebb" over his much-publicised court case.

The long-serving Corrie cast member said that he first took cocaine in the lead-up to his trial, but also used the class A substance again after being found not guilty of all sex abuse charges against him.

Since seeking help, Le Vell has remained a regular fixture on set as he has been learning how to direct by shadowing some of the soap's existing crew.

Writing on his his public Facebook page last month, he said: "I'm so looking forward to getting back to the job I love and all the people there who are like my second family, I love them all. And thank you all for the great support you have given me over some very hard times for me and my family."

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

maidmarian (20-07-2014), tammyy2j (19-07-2014)

I hope he manages to stay on a regular basis as they cannot keep writing him out and then back in.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to swmc66 For This Useful Post:

tammyy2j (19-07-2014)

I hope he manages to stay on a regular basis as they cannot keep writing him out and then back in.
    I haven't really missed him tbh

11. The Following User Says Thank You to tammyy2j For This Useful Post:

sarah c (26-07-2014)

Last edited by tammyy2j; 19-07-2014 at 21:20.

Coronation Street fans were left shocked after Kevin and Sally shared a kiss recently, and more details have been revealed about how the secret comes out during the upcoming live episode.

Michael Le Vell, who plays Kevin on the show, confirmed that Tim Metcalfe finds out about fiancée Sally's moment of passion when it is spilled by a character "in a drunken stupor".

Speaking on Loose Women from the Coronation Street set today, Le Vell said: "I think that someone spills the beans in a very drunken stupor in the live [episode].

"I don't know what the consequences are going to be but there's something very exciting."

He went on to speak about the upcoming live show, adding: "I think it's more excitement than fear. I've done one before, the last one did go very smoothly.

"I think the last one went so well everybody thought it was pre-recorded!"

Coronation Street's Sair Khan shares live episode insight: "It's all becoming very real"

Corrie's live episode will air on Wednesday, September 23 at 7.30pm on ITV.

digitalspy

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (11-09-2015)

Thread Information