Page 45 of 56 FirstFirst ... 35434445464755 ... LastLast

Thread: Michelle Connor-McDonald (Kym Marsh)

Quote Originally Posted by lizann View Post
    we will have to agree to disagree
    I think you are a lone voice in the wilderness. I have not heard anyone else voice this opinion . At present she is getting praise from everywhere .

Quote Originally Posted by LouiseP View Post
    I think you are a lone voice in the wilderness. I have not heard anyone else voice this opinion . At present she is getting praise from everywhere .
    Acting is subjective so there's never going to be 100% agreement on a performance.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Dazzle For This Useful Post:

lizann (12-01-2017)

Quote Originally Posted by Dazzle View Post
    Acting is subjective so there's never going to be 100% agreement on a performance.
    Very true. I also think Liz was excellent . Heart rending when she lit that candle.
    Last edited by LouiseP; 12-01-2017 at 19:44.

Quote Originally Posted by LouiseP View Post
    i must be

Quote Originally Posted by mysangry View Post
    Some people are never satisfied, if Michelle had yelled more, she would have been accused of over acting, all i know is, that is crippled me, seeing that tiny little face in her arms and any parent having to go through that and not go home with their precious new born deserves the utmost
    understanding and patience for them to come to terms with the loss.
    I found the scene of the baby being given to Michelle very upsetting I didn't think that would be shown

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to tammyy2j For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (12-01-2017), lizann (12-01-2017)

Quote Originally Posted by tammyy2j View Post
    I found the scene of the baby being given to Michelle very upsetting I didn't think that would be shown
    I'm very glad I didn't watch because I knew it would be harrowing. I didn't even imagine they'd show the baby at that time of the evening.

I don't even know if I'm going to go back to watching Corrie at this point. I feel quite disgusted that Kym was asked to relive such a trauma. She appears to be glad she did it and I'm very happy it seems to have had no lasting ill effects, but I feel quite strongly that it should never have been suggested to her in the first place (even with the option of declining). There's no way anyone could predict the psychological effect of reliving in detail the death of a child. It feels exploitative to me.

9. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Dazzle For This Useful Post:

lizann (12-01-2017), parkerman (12-01-2017), swmc66 (13-01-2017), tammyy2j (15-01-2017)

It made me feel a bit better, knowing that they both could see him and cuddle him, although I had tears streaming down my face ... to me, it would be worse if they had just taken the baby away and left the parents on their own which I know does happen too

I did not want her to lose the baby as i know she is going to feel worse now when she finds out about steve and leanne. She will wonder if steve really cared.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to swmc66 For This Useful Post:

Ruffed_lemur (13-01-2017)

Quote Originally Posted by Perdita View Post
    It made me feel a bit better, knowing that they both could see him and cuddle him, although I had tears streaming down my face ... to me, it would be worse if they had just taken the baby away and left the parents on their own which I know does happen too
    It could have been implied rather than shown

I know it is a doll they use but it is very real life like I would prefer not to see

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to tammyy2j For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (15-01-2017), Ruffed_lemur (15-01-2017)

It could have been implied rather than shown

I know it is a doll they use but it is very real life like I would prefer not to see
    I know what you mean. They tell people before an episode that, " this contains scenes that some viewers may find upsetting ". You never know quite what to expect though.

Thread Information