Page 18 of 56 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast

Thread: Michelle Connor-McDonald (Kym Marsh)

Kym Marsh has laughed off a magazine report which claimed that she doubts fiancé Jamie Lomas's prospects of finding work in Los Angeles.

The ex-Hollyoaks star is currently in America, aiming to find a role during the ongoing pilot season.

An alleged source told Now magazine that Marsh has advised Lomas that he is "better off staying in the UK because he has more contacts".

However, when made aware of the story, the Coronation Street star told followers on Twitter: "Ha! Now magazine latest tale! What a pile of crap they talk!! Hey here's a thought now mag... Why don't ya call and check your facts first (sic)"

She continued: "I love when some mags say a source says.... That is code for 'we have nowt so we're making it up'. Ha! NOWT magazine ha ha x."

Responding to a follower, the mother-of-three said that she wanted magazines to name their sources, adding: "If so reliable name them they will be no one I know I assure u."

Previously dismissing claims last week, Marsh insisted that Lomas had not "abandoned" the family, writing in her magazine column: "The decision for him to go to Los Angeles was a joint one and I knew how long for."

Jamie Lomas is reportedly in talks to star in a Hollywood film.

The former Hollyoaks actor recently moved to Los Angeles to try to start a career in the US.

Lomas has been joined by his former co-star Ricky Whittle, who has stated that he is looking to settle down in the area to focus on his ambition.

"WOW, great weekend, been in talks about a new film, excited, watch this space TICK TOCK BOOM! (sic)," the 31-year-old tweeted earlier this week.

Lomas's fiancée Kym Marsh has dismissed claims that he has "abandoned" her to achieve his dreams.

A friend of the Coronation Street actress has claimed that Marsh has struggled without Lomas in the country, and would find it hard if he were to stay there.

"Kym had no idea how difficult being apart would be," the friend told The Mirror. "It will be distressing if he heads back to LA for some considerable time.

"Kym will be happy if he gets the part, but she will struggle with Corrie and bringing up Polly."

Marsh has also laughed off claims that she wasn't sure if Lomas would succeed in America.
    Love many, trust few, always paddle your own canoe

Coronation Street star Kym Marsh has been cast as Elsie Tanner in the soap's upcoming musical project Street of Dreams.

The actress, who portrays Weatherfield's Michelle Connor, will make her debut as Elsie when Street of Dreams has its world premiere in Manchester on May 9.

As she explores Elsie's journey through the 1960s era, Marsh will also perform a rendition of 'I Know How It Feels' from the 2010 Coronation Street album Rogues, Angels,

Marsh commented: "The strong, determined and indomitable women have always defined Coronation Street right from the very first episode to the present day, and Elsie Tanner will go down in history as one of the most gossiped-about women in Weatherfield.

"She's left some rather big stiletto shoes to fill, but to have the opportunity to represent such an iconic character of yesteryear on a stage of this scale is an absolute honour."

Street of Dreams' composer Trisha Ward added: "I am thrilled Kym is joining the world premiere tour of Coronation Street: Street of Dreams to play Elsie Tanner. Elsie was at the very heart of Tony Warren's Coronation Street and a character that stayed with me through the process of writing a major musical around the world's most successful TV programme.

"Kym has a wonderful voice for Elsie's torch-song, 'I Know How It Feels', and embodies the same beauty and dynamic passion that embodied this most iconic of Tony's female characters."

West End star Jodie Prenger will also take to the stage alongside Marsh, playing the 1980s version of Elsie for the world premiere in Manchester.

Prenger said: "The entire production is just gorgeous, with infectious songs which stick in your head! The music is fabulous, the orchestration is phenomenal and the cast are truly amazing. To be asked to play such an amazing part in something that people will be telling their grandchildren about in years to come is just a dream."

As previously announced, Paul O'Grady will feature as the star of Street of Dreams, guiding the audience through the most memorable storylines in Coronation Street's history and encountering well-loved characters old and new.

Julie Goodyear (Bet Lynch), Kevin Kennedy (Curly Watts), Brian Capron (Richard Hillman), Bill Roache (Ken Barlow) and Katy Cavanagh (Julie Carp) have previously been confirmed for the show.

Following its premiere in Manchester, Street of Dreams will tour to Dublin,
    Last edited by alan45; 21-03-2012 at 05:21.

Coronation Street star Kym Marsh has said that she would like her character Michelle Connor to enjoy a romance with a younger man.

The actress, who has been on the cobbles for six years, admitted that she wants to see Michelle push the boundaries in an upcoming storyline.

Marsh told OK Extra: "I'd like her to have a toyboy! That would be really funny, as she's quite moral. I'd like to see her doing something a little bit daring and risqué.

"Little Harry Styles could play the toyboy - he's so cute! My daughter's got a big crush on him."

Michelle's most recent story saw her among the suspects in the Frank Foster murder case. However, the businessman's mother Anne (Gwen Taylor) was later unmasked as the real culprit.

Reflecting on the plot, Marsh continued: "It's been brilliant, but really tiring and intense. It's great to get your teeth into a storyline like that, and I was so proud to be part of it.

"We knew Anne did it and we had to keep it a secret, so I was pleased it didn't get out. It's such a shame when the papers print spoilers and it ruins it for everyone."

Coronation Street airs Mondays, Thursdays and Fridays on ITV1.

Is there no end to the garbage this woman spouts. As an old teacher of mine once said. She is intoxicated by the exuberance of her own verbosity

Quote Originally Posted by alan45 View Post
    Is there no end to the garbage this woman spouts. As an old teacher of mine once said. She is intoxicated by the exuberance of her own verbosity
    Or indeed as Benjamin Disraeli once said about William Gladstone.

Quote Originally Posted by parkerman View Post
    Or indeed as Benjamin Disraeli once said about William Gladstone.
    Strange, I had always thought that was one of Churchill's famous remarks. Anyway this one of Disraeli's sums her up as well ,''Talk to a man about himself and he will listen for hours.''

Quote Originally Posted by alan45 View Post
    Strange, I had always thought that was one of Churchill's famous remarks. '
    Ah, the old adage, " If in doubt attribute it to Churchill or Oscar Wilde"

Quote Originally Posted by parkerman View Post
    Ah, the old adage, " If in doubt attribute it to Churchill or Oscar Wilde"
    Well lets face it our modern day politicians and playwrights hardly say anything ofnote

10. The Following User Says Thank You to alan45 For This Useful Post:

parkerman (03-04-2012)

Apart from "We're all in it together"

12. The Following User Says Thank You to parkerman For This Useful Post:

alan45 (03-04-2012)

Thread Information