Page 12 of 56 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Thread: Michelle Connor-McDonald (Kym Marsh)

Kym Marsh has said that Ofcom was correct in clearing EastEnders over its baby swap storyline.

The broadcasting regulator confirmed last week that it received a total of 1,044 complaints from viewers over the plot, which saw Ronnie Branning lose her newborn son James to Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), before swapping him with Kat Moon's healthy child Tommy.

"Last week, EastEnders was cleared of wrongdoing by Ofcom, the media regulator, over its baby swap storyline, and I think that's the right decision," the Coronation Street actress wrote in her latest New magazine column.

"It's just a storyline, like any other. I understand why people got upset about it, but no-one meant to upset anybody. Soaps are supposed to portray real life to a certain extent, but it's meant to be high drama for entertainment purposes.

"I mean, how many murders can you have in one square? There's a nod to real life but, for the most part, soaps help take people out of the real world."

Marsh also revealed that she will soon front a new documentary about teen mothers on Channel 5.

"I'm really pleased to have been asked to make a documentary about teen mums for Channel 5. Having been one myself, they thought I was perfect for the job," she explained. (Is their no limit to this woman's modesty)

"Hopefully, it will dispel some of the misconceptions about teenage mothers. They get a bad press - people think they only do it to live off benefits. But there are lots of young women who genuinely want to have children, so it's a shame they all get tarred with the same brush. With me, it was just one of those things that happened.

"Filming begins later this month, before I go back to Corrie. I don't think I could juggle them both!"

The actress will return to Coronation Street as Michelle Connor in the autumn after her maternity leave. She recently said that she was excited about possible romantic storylines for her character.

MORE BS From Ms Marsh

Kym Marsh has said that the press exaggerate how much the cast of Coronation Street get paid.

The actress will return to her role as Michelle Connor in the autumn. Writing in her New magazine column, Marsh said that she was "delighted" to hear her co-star Michelle Keegan had signed a new contract.

Reports claimed that Keegan had agreed a new year-long deal which would see her £90,000 salary increased to six figures.

"I'm delighted that my friend Michelle Keegan has signed another year-long contract at Corrie, but the reports of a six-figure sum made me smile," Marsh said. "The press always exaggerate our salaries."

The 35-year-old added: "While Corrie is very generous, we're certainly not on footballers' wages."

Meanwhile, Marsh and fiancé Jamie Lomas will team up to take part in an upcoming episode of Who Wants to Be a Millionaire?.

"We'll do our best to raise as much as possible, but general knowledge isn't my strong point," she admitted. "However, Jamie has been swotting up and has even downloaded the app to his phone."
    Last edited by alan45; 21-08-2011 at 07:26.

Coronation Street's Michelle Connor and Ciaran McCarthy will begin making plans for a huge wedding when they return to Weatherfield, a report has claimed.

The happy couple, played by Kym Marsh and Keith Duffy, will soon be back on the cobbles with the news that they are tying the knot, according to the Sunday Mirror.

"Michelle and Ciaran are two of our most popular characters," a show source told the newspaper. "They will return from their cruise and tell the street they are planning a huge wedding.

"But this is Corrie and the course of true love never runs smooth, so anything could happen before they say 'I do'."

Marsh has been on maternity leave from Coronation Street in recent months and gave birth to a baby girl named Polly in March. Meanwhile, Duffy took time out from the soap to go on tour with Boyzone.

However, a happy ending may not be on the cards for Michelle and Ciaran as Duffy recently confirmed that his next stint on the programme will be shorter than expected.

He said in a TV interview: "This return to Corrie is not going to be as long as I would have hoped, because I'm kind of needed in Dublin this year.

"[My son] Jay has a big exam year, and my little girl Mia, who has autism, it's her last year in [primary] school and the transition to secondary school is going to be a lot of work for everybody. I'm kind of needed there to try and help make that happen."

Marsh also recently speculated that there could be heartbreak ahead for the pair.

"I'm not sure what [Keith's decision] means for Michelle and Ciaran's relationship because I haven't seen any storylines, but if they do break up it will be interesting to see if he breaks her heart or she breaks his," she said earlier this month.

Marsh and Duffy are expected to film their Coronation Street comeback scenes within the next few weeks.

Whoopeee do cant wait for the return of the legend that is KYM Marsh

IF you think Kym Marsh is a belter – you should check out her teenage daughter.

The Coronation Street *actress relived her pop star days by singing at a charity do and duetted with Emily, 13.

Former Hear’Say star Kym, 35, was delighted at how her girl wowed the *audience.

She said: “Being on stage with Emily made me so proud. She certainly has what it takes to become a star. It was lovely to sing with her.”

Both did solo spots. Emily sang five numbers including Adele’s Chasing Pavements. Mum-of-three Kym won wild *applause for Leonard Cohen’s Hallelujah.

The pair went down a storm at a British Heart Foundation *fund-raiser in Northop Country Park golf club, north Wales, where Kym’s aunt is the ladies’ *captain.

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

this is thread is like a car crash.. I can't stand Kym but have to check it out to see what stupid thing this woman has come out with and what is her latest opinion on everything...
    Super Mod

Quote Originally Posted by Siobhan View Post
    this is thread is like a car crash.. I can't stand Kym but have to check it out to see what stupid thing this woman has come out with and what is her latest opinion on everything...
    You should rename it The wisdom of Kym Marsh Thread

So now she's saying her daughter is so talented,will she be trying to get her a role on Corrie as well.

Thanks to Vicky for my great new banner xxx
    "Maddest Member again How come I've been taking my meds"

Kym Marsh has revealed her horror at EastEnders star Jessie Wallace's recent heartbreak.

The Coronation Street actress, whose fellow soap star Wallace recently cancelled her wedding to Vince Morse after discovering raunchy messages sent from him to his ex-partner, said that she believes that Wallace will bounce back from the scandal.

Marsh said in her New magazine column: "I couldn't believe my eyes when I read about Jessie Wallace cancelling her wedding at the very last minute. I actually felt sick for her when I saw the private photo that her fiancé, Vince Morse, sent to his ex splashed across the papers. What was he thinking?

"Jessie's been so unlucky in love and finally seemed to have found happiness with Vince - then he goes and does that, the snake! That picture was for his eyes only and although some people might think she was foolish taking it, when you're in love, you don't think your partner's going to betray you like that. I would trust [partner] Jamie [Lomas] with anything, so she must have been absolutely horrified."

Marsh continued: "Moving on, I know Jessie will bounce back from this. She's made of strong stuff and, having met her a few times over the years, I've got a lot of time for her. Good on her for kicking him out, too. If he'd done that to me, he'd have lost two vital parts of his body by now!"

Recent reports have implied that Wallace is considering taking Morse back, but his ex-wife Virginia Lewis has urged the EastEnders actress to dump him, describing him as a "serial cheat who's incapable of being faithful".

Does she have to have an opinion on everything. She just opens her mouth and lets her belly rumble.

Thanks to Vicky for my great new banner xxx
    "Maddest Member again How come I've been taking my meds"

The latest ravings of Kym Marsh

© Rex Features / Jonothan Hordle
    Kym Marsh has defended her Coronation Street co-star Brooke Vincent after she was revealed to be working in a local pub last week.

Vincent allegedly claimed to be "glad of the extra cash" from working at the White Room in Whitefield. She was reportedly paid £6.08 an hour for a seven-hour shift at the family-run bar and restaurant.

She later clarified on Twitter: "1. My mate was ill so I covered for her!. 2.I didn't used to work there at all I help out every now&then (sic)."

Marsh has now dismissed claims that Vincent worked at the bar because she had spent too much money on recent holidays.

"A lot was made about my Corrie co-star Brooke Vincent working in a bar in Manchester last week," Marsh said in her latest New column. "Some reports even speculated that she was doing it because she'd been on a few holidays and was skint! It amazes me that people jump to conclusions just from a picture.

"As Brooke explained, she was just helping out a friend. Aside from that, Brooke has always done part-time jobs as she enjoys doing different things - not because she's desperate for cash!"

Marsh recently revealed that she felt "sick" upon hearing about fellow soap star Jessie Wallace's recent heartbreak.

Thread Information