Page 51 of 56 FirstFirst ... 414950515253 ... LastLast

Thread: Michelle Connor-McDonald (Kym Marsh)

Kate Oates favourite character ......Michelle. She keeps getting main stories! Michelle show

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to swmc66 For This Useful Post:

lizann (24-04-2018), Perdita (23-04-2018), tammyy2j (24-04-2018)

no way is michelle dying so stop teasing, aidan will die phelan's next victim

4. The Following User Says Thank You to lizann For This Useful Post:

tammyy2j (24-04-2018)

Quote Originally Posted by lizann View Post
    no way is michelle dying so stop teasing, aidan will die phelan's next victim
    Guess he will be at the wedding so this is feasible ....

Quote Originally Posted by swmc66 View Post
    Kate Oates favourite character ......Michelle. She keeps getting main stories! Michelle show
    With Kate Oates gone maybe Kym Marsh is next to exit

7. The Following User Says Thank You to tammyy2j For This Useful Post:

TaintedLove (24-04-2018)

Quote Originally Posted by tammyy2j View Post
    With Kate Oates gone maybe Kym Marsh is next to exit
    Not long since she signed another contract for a year and she will not quit on her own accord, I am sure. Guess it all depends on how she gets on with Iain MacLeod to determine her long term future

She has actually just now signed a contract for at least another year

Coronation Street has been quite happy to say farewell to a number of characters this last year or so (the vast majority of them at the hands of Pat Phelan), but it's good to know one Weatherfield favourite won't be snuffing it any time soon.

Kym Marsh has used her OK! Magazine column to confirm that her character Michelle Connor isn't going anywhere soon.

"I'm really pleased to announce I've signed to Corrie for another year," she wrote. "It's great to know that I'll be there for another 12 months doing what I love doing and being with my friends."

Just because Michelle won't be getting killed off doesn't mean there won't be drama for her.

She's getting married to Robert Preston soon, and if you think that's going off without a hitch then you're probably wrong. This is Soapland, after all.

And off screen, Kym delighted fans last weekend when she got on the old microphone and performed her former group Hear'Say's number one chart smash 'Pure and Simple'.

Only in Manchester, eh?

Digital Spy

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

Glen1 (21-05-2018)

Quote Originally Posted by Perdita View Post
    She has actually just now signed a contract for at least another year
    The nightmare continues.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Glen1 For This Useful Post:

lizann (21-05-2018), Perdita (21-05-2018)

Coronation Street star Kym Marsh has revealed that she was left with real-life bruises after filming Michelle Connor's terrifying showdown with Pat Phelan.
    Michelle finds herself unexpectedly thrown into the climax of Phelan's storyline next week when he takes her hostage on her wedding day.
    The drama unfolds after Phelan shoots someone at Eileen Grimshaw's house and takes the unlucky victim over to the Bistro, gatecrashing Michelle's wedding.
    Phelan (Connor McIntyre) orders Ali Neeson to administer first aid, before grabbing Michelle and dragging her into the Bistro kitchen to use her as leverage.
    Speaking about the shocking scenes, Kym explained: "It's great to be a part of something like this, because it's such a big week for Corrie and you wouldn't necessarily imagine that Robert and Michelle would particularly be involved with Pat Phelan's exit.
    "We've not really crossed paths so far. We don't have any axe to grind with Phelan and we wouldn't really be on his radar. So then to find out that we'd be a massive part of it and end up being caught in the middle of it all was great."
    She continued: "I've never played anything like this before, so for me it was another 'first' and it's always good to give yourself a bit of a challenge.
    "I've been here at Corrie for a long time, but they keep surprising me with stuff. I'm aware that I've been very lucky over the last 18 months with the storylines I've been trusted with. It's always nice to know that they trust you with these things, so we must be doing something right."
    Kym admitted that filming intense storylines like these can take their toll – especially after such a busy year for Michelle.
    She said: "Your body doesn't know that it's not real, because you have to make it look as real as possible. Filming in the Bistro, I was being thrown around by Connor and he's a strong man.
    "Then I had to throw myself on the floor. I was bruised, but you do it and your body doesn't realise that it's not really happening.
    "When we did the baby loss storyline last year, I would be so tired at the end of the day, because I'd been crying and emotional. Then I'd go to sleep and wake up at two or three in the morning. It takes a long time for your body to go 'it's alright'. It's quite physical sometimes."
    Kym recently opened up about suffering panic attacks in real life, but she's now explained how she doesn't let them stop her from going to dark places in her scenes.
    She said: "I really do still go there – you have to. For example, when I was doing all the stuff with Will the stalker, I had to be really scared and I was locked in the boot of a car.
    "You do have to get yourself to those places. But that is a case of mind over matter and you know that's not real. Mentally you have to tell yourself that it's not reality and try to get out of that as quickly as possible. I didn't dwell on those situations.
    "When you're on set, you have to bring comedy to it and have a laugh, because if you don't, you can get so intense with it and it could take over."
    Coronation Street airs at 9pm all next week on ITV.

Digital Spy

http://www.digitalspy.com/soaps/coro...-phelan-story/

14. The Following User Says Thank You to tammyy2j For This Useful Post:

Glen1 (27-05-2018)

I'm at a loss for words .

it is too soon for a wedding after aidan's death and why have michelle involved in phelan's big swan song post watershed exit

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to lizann For This Useful Post:

Perdita (27-05-2018), tammyy2j (29-05-2018)

Thread Information