Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Desperate Housewives Season 6 - Spoilers/Casting/Rumours

Maiara Walsh has been promoted to series regular on Desperate Housewives.

According to The Hollywood Reporter, the actress, who plays Carlos Solis's niece Ana, will join the cast full-time when the ABC show returns for its sixth season this Fall.

Walsh, who has also starred in Disney Channel sitcom Cory In The House, first arrived on screen at the end of season five when her character moved in with Gabrielle and Carlos.

It was recently announced that Andrea Bowen is returning to the series as Susan Mayer's daughter Julie.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/ustv/a16...s-regular.html

Desperate Housewives newcomer Drea de Matteo is getting some on-screen family with the addition of Jeffrey Nordling and Beau Mirchoff as series regulars.

Nordling, fresh off his run as 24's Agent Larry Moss, will play the landscaper husband of de Matteo's brassy, Bronx-bred transplant to Wisteria Lane. Mirchoff in turn will play their 19-year-old son, who seems destined for possible romance with an "older woman" — meaning Susan's daughter, Julie (played by returning original cast member Andrea Bowen).

Nordling's other credits include Dirt and Once & Again, while Mirchoff appeared in the made-for-DVD The Grudge 3 and had a role on the Canadian series Heartland.

ABC's Desperate Housewives kicks off its sixth season on Sunday, Sept. 27.

Former 'EastEnders' star Michelle Collins has said that she has auditioned for a part in 'Desperate Housewives'.

The actress, who played the role of Cindy Beale in the soap revealed the news on BBC One's 'Breakfast'.

Collins said: "I've got an American visa now so I've spent quite a bit of time there."

Advertisement"I went to a casting for Desperate Housewives, but I haven't got it yet," she said.

"As I've told people about it, they're amazed and have been telling me that someone like Cindy from 'EastEnders' would be great for that show. I have to remind them I'm not Cindy, I'm Michelle."

"I'm just doing what a lot of British actors are doing there at the moment - the 'LA thing'. I'd like to think there's been interest in me."

"But I'm a single parent so obviously that would be my biggest consideration before going for anything in America."

Wisteria Lane could soon be having an Aussie twist to its all-American neighbourhood. Dannii Minogue has crossed the pond to talk to big cheeses about getting her mug on lots of TV programmes and Desperate Housewives is said to be her first choice. The X Factor judge is also working with the Spice Girls ex-manager Simon Fuller who is keen to get her on numerous TV projects. A source told The Daily Star ‘She’s very excited about breaking America. Dannii would love to get a role in one of their top shows, especially Desperate Housewives or even Ugly Betty.

Former EastEnders star Michelle Collins has landed a second meeting with Desperate Housewives producers, she has revealed.

The actress, who is best known for her role as Walford's Cindy Beale, recently announced that she had auditioned for the hit US show but was yet to secure a part.

Reflecting on the first round of talks, she has now told The Mirror: "All they wanted to talk to me about was Susan Boyle! I had missed Britain's Got Talent because I'd been in LA and I didn't know who they were talking about so they showed me her singing on YouTube!

"I was sitting there smiling politely but thinking: 'Talk about me. Talk about me!'"

Collins, who has a 13-year-old daughter named Maia, added that she has since been invited back to Los Angeles for more negotiations. She will fly out after completing work on a play later this summer.

"I wasn't auditioning for a particular part but I asked them why they didn't have a British woman in the show and they told me they had once offered a part to a British actress, who I admire, but she had turned it down," she explained.

"They've asked me to go back for another meeting when I've finished my current project, so who knows? It would be great to work over there for a while, although I'm not sure I could live there full-time because of Maia and being a single mum, plus I'd miss home."

Collins made her final appearance in Albert Square 11 years ago and has since starred in Sunburn, Two Thousand Acres Of Sky and Rock Rivals.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/soaps/a1...ves-again.html

Is it really 11 years ago she left EastEnders?

THE identity of the Desperate Housewives bride is still no closer to being revealed despite shots from location.

At the end of the last series viewers were left guessing as to who had walked up the aisle with hunky Mike Delfino.

Was it Susan Mayer, played by Teri Hatcher, the mum of his son and Mike's ex-wife, who will wed the plumber?

The beef cake had shared a passionate kiss with his ex after rushing to rescue her and her son from crazed neighbour Dave.

Or did Mike stay true to his fiancée Katherine Mayfair, played by Dana Delaney, who he'd left at the airport to save Susan?

Sadly both actresses stepped out on the show's Los Angeles set yesterday dressed in bridal gowns meaning it could still be either of them.

The rest of the drama's cast appeared dressed for a wedding, but whose wedding remains unknown.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage...ousewives.html

Jesse Metcalfe has signed on to return to Desperate Housewives in the upcoming season, say reports.

The actor played gardener John Rowland, who embarked on an illicit romance with Gabriele Solis (Eva Longoria Parker), in the first season of the ABC drama. He has made several cameo appearances throughout the series.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/ustv/a16...ticle_continue

Actor Jesse Metcalfe is returning to Wisteria Lane - he's reportedly signed up to reprise his role on hit TV show Desperate Housewives.

The star landed the role of hunky gardener John Rowland when the series debuted in 2004, but has only made one-off appearances in the last three seasons.

However, reports suggest Metcalfe is set to steam up the small screen with a more high-profile role in the upcoming sixth series.

A source tells OKmagazine.com, "He'll be on for six to eight episodes, with the possibility of coming back full time. He'll have a lot of shirtless scenes."

The latest season is due to air on U.S. TV in September.
    He is to romance Carlos's niece with annoys Gaby

Shawn Pyfrom has confirmed that he is quitting Desperate Housewives after five years on the show.

The 22-year-old, who plays Andrew Van De Kamp, will only appear briefly in the upcoming sixth season.

"Shawn's not returning for a full season next fall. But he'll come back and make a few guest star appearances," a source told People.

"His decision didn't come easy, but he wants to pursue new television and film opportunities."

Yesterday, it was revealed that Jesse Metcalfe would be returning to the show to reprise his role as gardener John Rowland.

The sixth season of Desperate Housewives premieres on ABC on September 27.
    http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/ustv/a16...ticle_continue

This season’s mystery will kick off in the premiere when a pivotal female character gets strangled.

Thread Information