Thread: Owen, Liz Turner return to 'EastEnders'

Owen, Liz Turner return to 'EastEnders'

Former EastEnders stars Lee Ross and Kate Williams are to return to the BBC soap later this year as screen mother and son Owen and Liz Turner.

Ross, 38, first appeared as Denise Wicks's (Diane Parish) alcoholic ex-husband Owen in June 2006 when he arrived in Walford to make contact with his daughter Libby (Belinda Owusu).

During his stay, he rekindled his romance with Denise, but his violent behaviour soon reared its head when he hit her and subsequently held her hostage in her own flat. The police arrested him and he was remanded in custody pending trial.

In September 2006, Owen's mother Liz (Williams) visited her son in prison prior to his court appearance, in which he received a six-month custodial sentence, suspended for two years.

Following his release, Liz urged her son to start a new life in Wales but at a low ebb, Owen knocked his mother unconscious and kidnapped his daughter Libby, drugged her and drove them to Epping Forest in a stolen car.

On hearing that Owen planned to end his and Libby's lives, Denise and Kevin (Phil Daniels) rushed to their location. In Owen's attempt to drown Libby, she fell unconscious before he bolted into the stream himself. Both he and Libby survived the incident and the mentally unstable father was imprisoned for three years.

Having nearly served his full sentence at Her Majesty's pleasure, Owen decides to reconnect with his family and turns to his mother Liz - who has recently moved from Spain to London - for help in re-establishing themselves on the Square.

With Owen claiming that he is a changed man and Liz more than keen to see her granddaughter again, the pair begin planning their comeback. Their reappearance, however, will turn prospective Oxford University student Libby and her mother Denise's worlds on their heads.

Speaking of their return, executive producer Diederick Santer said: "It's very exciting to have Kate and Lee back in the show. Lee's one of the finest actors of his generation, and the scenes he did with Belinda Owusu and Diane Parish three years ago were electrifying. I'm looking forward to more!"

He added: "Kate's brief appearances were equally memorable - she's a brilliant comic and dramatic actress, and I'm keen to find out more about the unusual Liz Turner."

Ross and Williams have already returned to filming at Elstree Studios, home of EastEnders, and will reappear on screen in late Summer.

Since his last appearance, Ross has guest starred in dramas such as Robin Hood and Moses Jones.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

Dutchgirl (15-06-2009), matt1378 (16-06-2009), tammyy2j (15-06-2009)

I wonder if it will turn Libby's plans for Uni upside down.

And again a career outside the East End is nipped in the bud.

interesting choice of characters to return, wasn't so keen on Owen, but for some reason I really like Liz.

I hope this leads to a exit storyline for Denise, Libby and Chelesa

The storyline with him and Denise was about the only good thing to come out of EE in 2006.
    Happy New Year SoapBoards!

But we have just had one bad boy come back *yawns*, now another one I hope they don't make Denise doubt her feelings for Lucas because of Owen

Hey everyone i am really exicited about this return, i personally think Lee Ross is a great actor and in my opinion this is going to be great.

I am wondering if Owen and his mum are going to be permanent fixture in the square.
    Last edited by angelblue; 15-06-2009 at 22:05.
    angelblue

Quote Originally Posted by Dutchgirl View Post
    I wonder if it will turn Libby's plans for Uni upside down.

And again a career outside the East End is nipped in the bud.
    i was thinkng that. and i would be VERY angry.
    Check out my Strictly Come Dancing Blog! - The 2014 blogging has begun!

Thread Information