Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Karen McDonald (Suranne Jones)

Exclamation Karen McDonald (Suranne Jones)

I was sent the following article today:

'It was rumoured last year that Corrie was trying to lure Suranne Jones (who played Karen McDonald) back to the soap with a £100,000 offer for six months.

Lately she's ruled out a return. But a source at Corrie tells me: "We're confident Suranne will return in two years' time when the soap's 50.

"She has indicated to us that she's very interested." Fans will be pleased.'

I have been told that she may return in July 2009 so does this mean trouble ahead for Becky and Steve? What about the wedding? Would you want to see Karen back on Coronation Street?

SBBB - Next Clue - Lost the plot? All will become clear in 2010.
    Last edited by Bryan; 27-06-2009 at 11:22.

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Hannelene For This Useful Post:

parkerman (15-06-2009), Ruffed_lemur (15-06-2009), SaraSays (20-06-2009), tammyy2j (15-06-2009)

Be great if its true, its not the same without Karen!
    Happy New Year SoapBoards!

Do you know I really liked her character she had dreams of making her and Steve the 'posh and becks' of the street! She was so funny Becky is a little like her in character but there will only ever be one Karen!

I would like to see Karen back but not at the expense of breaking up Steve and Becky, they're great together much better suited than when he was with Michelle. Don't you think the writers have broken up enough relationships without adding another one.

Thanks to Vicky for my great new banner xxx
    "Maddest Member again How come I've been taking my meds"

Don't mention the Michelle character I am not her biggest fan I hope they don't bring her back as I can't stand her moaning The character is never happy.
    I like Steve and Becky together as I think they look happy together but if Karen does come back I don't know what that could do to Steve and Becky. I remember when Karen left he was in pieces

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Hannelene For This Useful Post:

SaraSays (20-06-2009)

She was great, I miss her in the factory with all the girls aswell
    Happy New Year SoapBoards!

Karen + Janice back together again would be great to see!

Could you imagine Karen and Becky fighting for Steve

I think the actress who played Karen is doing well in other shows

Becky and Karen fighting would be a dirty catfight! Lots of hair pulling and heated words said.

What is the actress who plays Karen doing now?
    Has she had as much successful in her other roles?

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Hannelene For This Useful Post:

SaraSays (20-06-2009)

From Wiki:

In Autumn 2005, Jones starred in an ITV's detective drama series Vincent, with Ray Winstone in the title role, this was Jones' first acting role since leaving Coronation Street the previous year. In the same year she starred on the West End stage in A Few Good Men opposite Rob Lowe and appeared in the musical special Celebrate Oliver! which was screened on BBC1. In 2006, she starred as Snow White in the pantomime Snow White and the Seven Dwarves at the Manchester Opera House alongside Justin Moorhouse and fellow Coronation Street alumnus John Savident. She also appeared in Kay Mellor's Strictly Confidential in which she played a bisexual sex therapist.

On New Year's Day 2007, Jones starred in a Yorkshire and London based black comedy, Dead Clever with Helen Baxendale and Dean Lennox Kelly on ITV 1. She has also been as a guest reporter on the long-running BBC travel programme Holiday alongside Anthony Crank and special guest on an edition of the BBC2 series A Taste of My Life with Nigel Slater which paid tribute to her friend, John Barrowman. In autumn 2007, Jones toured the UK extensively in the premiere stage run of the film Terms of Endearment opposite Linda Gray and she has recently appeared in a number of plays for BBC Radio 4 and the West End showcase of a new musical, The Lost Christmas by Laurence Mark Wythe.

In January 2009, she appeared in 'Unforgiven', a three-part drama on ITV1, where she plays Ruth Slater, a woman released from prison after serving a 15-year prison sentence for the murder of two policemen.[2]

Suranne has returned to the set of Coronation Street as her former character Karen McDonald for a surprise return for and something in stall for Steve McDonald. Her comeback episodes begin airing July 2009.

So she will be back

14. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

jenig (15-06-2009), parkerman (15-06-2009), SaraSays (20-06-2009), tammyy2j (15-06-2009)

Thread Information