Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Thrush

It's not cystitis, the problem isn't in my bladder or urethra.

Both Lloyds pharmacy and Morrisons pharmacy local to me do generic versions of the cannestan pessaries, creams and oral tablets.

It is really common for thrush to be associated with menstruation. I have found that I don't get it anywhere like as frequently since I had a hysterectomy. I sorry that that doesn't help.

Jojo is offline **Debs Official Stalker**
    Quote Originally Posted by Abigail View Post
    I had no problems with the mooncup until I got thrush the first time. Maybe there's some bacteria still on it and that's why I get recurrent infections

I'll have a look when I go to the chemist and see what they have. I'm not keen on spending £11 on a tablet and some cream if there are cheaper alternatives.
    I know this might sound like I'm telling to you to suck eggs, but have you boil washed it (ie, pan of boiling water for 5 mins)? If there is any bacteria on there, this should kill them off.

I usually stick in a cup of hot water for a few minutes. Might have to boil it during the night when my flatmates aren't around to ask questions

Quote Originally Posted by Abigail View Post
    I usually stick in a cup of hot water for a few minutes. Might have to boil it during the night when my flatmates aren't around to ask questions
    Might be worth a try - the boiling temperature and keeping it simmering for a short time will help hopefully.

I went back to to the doctors again and he gave me the prescription again, but alos said that it could've been caused by the antibiotics I was taking for my water infection. However, he said that if it comes back again.. I have to go back to the doctors but to be prepared as I will probably be given an internal.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirsty :] View Post
    I went back to to the doctors again and he gave me the prescription again, but alos said that it could've been caused by the antibiotics I was taking for my water infection. However, he said that if it comes back again.. I have to go back to the doctors but to be prepared as I will probably be given an internal.
    As soon as I'm taking antibiotics I get a flare up as it messes with my normal balances. Its very common.

The internal, they'd probably take a swab and make sure theres no other infection there, just the yeast imbalance causing the thrush (which is very common). Don't panic about it though - its not as bad as it seems x

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Jojo For This Useful Post:

Kirsty :] (01-11-2009)

getting this severe lately i think from diabetes high sugar, im a devil, any tips?

Thread Information