Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Thrush

Thrush

I apologise in advance if this gets a bit too graphic for a public forum

I've had some itching, dryness and burning for the past couple of days. This morning I woke up and the itching was really bad. I put some clotrimazole cream on (its the same as canesten according to the woman in the chemist last week) and that seemed to sooth it a bit.

My symptoms have gotten worse through the day (y'know, typical thrush) and now the itchyness is driving me crazy.

I don't know if it is the cream has made it worse or if it naturally got worse

So this is my question: what can I do until Monday when the chemist is open? Morrisons here doesn't have a pharmacy so I definitely can't get anything medicinal. No live yoghurt either.

I'm hoping the more experienced members on here will have some suggestions. I've not had thrush before and it's driving me crazy. How long does it typically last?

I got Canestan Cream from the chemist but my best advice is natural yogurt or garlic (i know both might be disgusting but they work)

3. The Following User Says Thank You to tammyy2j For This Useful Post:

Abigail (13-06-2009)

Thanks Tammy. I have neither of those though

I had it once but got medical treatment fairly quickly, it was many years ago. With the treatment it did not last long, maybe a week. Can be caused by anti biotics strangely enough. I can only think of yoghurt, get to a supermarket pronto, my dear.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

Abigail (14-06-2009)

Jojo is offline **Debs Official Stalker**
    You need internal pessaries - not just the external cream. That or the new oral capsule.

You can buy over the counter at any pharmacy or v cheap online, which I've done in order to have a stock of the pill and the cream as I get recurrent bouts.

You can use a cold flannel to aleviate the burning, cool baths also. One cause, as Peridita said, is antibiotics, another is wearing too tight clothing down there which causes the natural organisms to multiply causing thrush.

I've found a cold flannel to be very soothing - keep using the cream though as it will help aswell.

Hope it eases soon - its another one of those curses us females have been given I think x

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Jojo For This Useful Post:

Abigail (14-06-2009)

Thanks

I bought some yoghurt today so I'll try it after I've had a shower. Sand and yoghurt don't mix and sitting on the beach doesn't help either.

I'll go to the chemist tomorrow and get the tablet.

Thanks

I bought some yoghurt today so I'll try it after I've had a shower. Sand and yoghurt don't mix and sitting on the beach doesn't help either.

I'll go to the chemist tomorrow and get the tablet.

i used to suffer quite badly with this.

The best thing you can do other than use the medicated treament it when washing youself dont use anything but warm water. If you do this for a couple of days you will notice a massive difference. I hardly ever get it now since i started doing this. If you feel you need to freshen up just use a fremfresh wipe.

Best advice the doc ever gave me.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Luna For This Useful Post:

Abigail (14-06-2009)

I've just seen an advert on tv for Vagasil cream. Is it any good? Is it the same as canesten but cheaper?

Quote Originally Posted by Abigail View Post
    Thanks

You are mixing sand in with the yoghurt?

Thanking the fabulous TAbbie, for the banner!

Thread Information