Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: First disabled adult role for 'Enders

Quote Originally Posted by sindydoll View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by lizann View Post
    So could he be Phil's son maybe
    phils son? have i missed something?
    Manda, Minty's girlfriend and his mum used to go out with Phil when they were teenagers. Would not put it past EE scriptwriters to be Phil's son but I hope not.

i think it would be a bit silly to have him as phils son
    ~x~Tizzy~x~
    A fool and his money are a girl's best friend

thanks to vicky for making the banna!

Does not seem to worry scriptwriters or producers if storylines are a bit silly, otherwise we would not have had half the going-ons that we have had in all soaps.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

Kim (05-06-2009)

Yeah.. it would be stupid if you think Kath is right and Heather's baby is his son and he is probably Archie's son and Grant is Ben's son.. this is too complicated even for a soap (well maybe not Sunset beach, perhaps is should be rename to rainy walford )
    Super Mod

Quote Originally Posted by Siobhan View Post
    Yeah.. it would be stupid if you think Kath is right and Heather's baby is his son and he is probably Archie's son and Grant is Ben's son.. this is too complicated even for a soap (well maybe not Sunset beach, perhaps is should be rename to rainy walford )

I think it should be the other way round

its just that i think if he was phils son, there would have been some mention of a son or hints about it or something. she doesnt seem like shes hiding anything from phil so for him to turn up and it be that hes phils son i dont think would really make sense. the storylines are probably going to revolve around his disability rather than anything else i would think
    Last edited by di marco; 05-06-2009 at 10:25.
    ~x~Tizzy~x~
    A fool and his money are a girl's best friend

thanks to vicky for making the banna!

I think EE already has a few actor/actresses in the show with disabilities (i.e. cant act)

I know cruel joke - my apologises couldnt resist

Quote Originally Posted by Perdita View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Siobhan View Post

I think it should be the other way round
    maybe not with all the switching going on
    Super Mod

In a very small country with canals and bikes and windmills and tulips
    Quote Originally Posted by Kim View Post
    They made a fuss about it when they had their first all black cast episode too. Both are minorities and in terms of press coverage I think it is only fair that they are handled equally as a kind of milestone in the show's history.

And as a disabled person I think that this could be very good for readers. I and all of the disabled people that I know personally have quite low self confidence and I think that it will be encouraging for other disabled people wanting to pursue an acting career particularly to read that someone in a similar situation has got a part in such a well known show.
    Kim I am also disabled.. well I have an invisable disablility ( I am deaf ) I know that there have been some deaf people who wanted to become actors and actresses ( Marlee Matlin comes to mind ) but the really directors wanted non disabled people to play the part ( of a disabled person )because it was less risky and did not cost as much ( meaning they would have to make the sets accessible for them, and that meant adding more money to the budget ) I think it is great they are featuring David Proud, and yes it will give other disabled folks HOPE and confidence that they too can pursue their dreams.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to JustJodi For This Useful Post:

Kim (05-06-2009)

That's exactly what I thought the producer's take on the matter would be. Someone said further up the thread that they thought disabled people shouldn't be employed in a different category to someone without a disability. In the case of those needing special access arrangements etc such as David Proud I think this is just something that is inevitable and that it should be done to ensure equal opportunities.

Thread Information