Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Manchester United Thread

Wayne Rooney is staying with Man Utd according to the lunch time news

Wayne Rooney has made a shock U-turn and agreed a new five-year contract at Manchester United just days after announcing his intention to leave.
    On Wednesday the 24-year-old striker said concerns over the club's squad strength were behind his original decision not to sign a new deal.
    United boss Sir Alex Ferguson said: "I'm delighted Wayne's agreed to stay."
    Rooney stated: "I said on Wednesday the manager's a genius and it's his belief and support that convinced me to stay."
    He added: "I'm delighted to sign another deal at United. I've spoken to the manager and the owners and they've convinced me this where I belong.
    "I am signing a new deal in the absolute belief that the management, coaching staff, board and owners are totally committed to making sure United maintains its proud winning history - which is the reason I joined the club in the first place.
    "I am sure the fans over the last week have felt let down by what they have read and seen.
    "But my position was from concern over the future.
    "The fans have been brilliant with me since I arrived and it's up to me through my performances to win them over again."
    The agreement ends a period of intensive discussions at Old Trafford after Rooney issued a statement in which he revealed that United chief David Gill had not given him the assurance he was seeking about the future squad.
    "It's been a difficult week but the intensity of the coverage is what we expect at Manchester United," Ferguson told the club's website.
    "Sometimes, when you're in a club, it can be hard to realise just how big it is and it takes something like the events of the last few days to make you understand.
    "I think Wayne now understands what a great club Manchester United is.
    "I'm pleased he has accepted the challenge to guide the younger players and establish himself as one of United's great players.
    "It shows character and belief in what we stand for.
    "I'm sure everyone involved with the Club will now get behind Wayne and show him the support he needs to produce the performances we know he is capable of."
    Meanwhile Ferguson also told radio station Key 103 that Rooney had apologised to him and his team-mates.
    United supporter Liam Bradford, who is the assistant editor of the Red News fanzine told Radio 5 live: "I'm completely flabbergasted.
    "It's been one of those weeks. It's been completely mad.
    "I don't know whether this has been planned all along and this was just some elaborate mind game that Sir Alex Ferguson was playing with Wayne Rooney on board or whether it has just been completely surreal for the last seven days.
    "At the end of the day, he is a world-class footballer and I really wouldn't want to see him anywhere else. I think I'm more relieved that anything he is not going across the city to the team that plays in blue."
    Rooney moved to Old Trafford from Everton in 2004 for £25.6m and helped the club win three successive Premier League titles from 2007-09.

BBC News

I would have sould him for £50 for his cheek. Rooney knows now that there is no bigger club in the UK to be at and in five years time his career will be over.

Thanks to Vicky for my great new banner xxx
    "Maddest Member again How come I've been taking my meds"

i have a theory, i think that fergie is in on it all along and that hes done it to get money out the owners for new players in january.

Whatever it is, theres something really dodgy about it

I am soooo relieved he signed the contract though. There is no way if he had a city shirt i could bring myself to shout go on wayne! i just couldnt!

It's nice to know we are all taking our share of the pain with the cuts announced by the Government last week......

6. The Following User Says Thank You to parkerman For This Useful Post:

alan45 (23-10-2010)

I wonder how many teachers and nurses could be employed every week for the amount of money Wayne gets

8. The Following User Says Thank You to alan45 For This Useful Post:

parkerman (23-10-2010)

theres a great pictire on the front of the manchester evening news. Its got worlds apart as a headline and then waynes world with him in his big car and then underneath its got a manchester street where the houses are boarded up and the words that how many people are losing there jobs up here.

It makes you sick, i cant be doing with him.

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Katy For This Useful Post:

alan45 (23-10-2010), parkerman (24-10-2010), Perdita (23-10-2010)

He's a greedy little sh1t who's got too big for his football boots and got away with throwing the rattle out of the pram. He's nothing special. He can't do what he's supposed to do and that's put the ball in the back of the net. Rooney may think he's brilliant but there is a number of 15 & 16 year old lads in the youth squad bidding their time and in a couple of years they are going to run the wee fat toad of the field. He will be a dried up has been when his days at Man U are up,

Thanks to Vicky for my great new banner xxx
    "Maddest Member again How come I've been taking my meds"

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Chloe O'brien For This Useful Post:

alan45 (24-10-2010), moonstorm (25-10-2010)

Quote Originally Posted by Chloe O'brien View Post
    He's a greedy little sh1t who's got too big for his football boots and got away with throwing the rattle out of the pram. He's nothing special. He can't do what he's supposed to do and that's put the ball in the back of the net. Rooney may think he's brilliant but there is a number of 15 & 16 year old lads in the youth squad bidding their time and in a couple of years they are going to run the wee fat toad of the field. He will be a dried up has been when his days at Man U are up,
    Wash your mouth out Kath. This is the man who had won the World Cup for Engerland in South Africa even before he left the UK. He now will be earning £10 million quid a year which is almost £ 250,000 a week. This is nothing short of disgusting

I see Shrek and Coleen have jetted off to Dubai for a break. Apparently his £ 90000 birthday bash has been postponed until next week.

It took him all day to save up the money to go to Dubai where the rooms cost £ 1200 per night

Thread Information