Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: Manchester United Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Chloe O'brien View Post
    Rooney is being a stupid boy. He will never win over Alex Ferguson. He would just be better to keep his trap shut and get on with it. Man U will never sell him. What they'll do is make him sit on the bench until the end of the summer. No-one will want him he's been too out priced.
    No player is bigger than the club or Fergie - look at Stam, Keane, Ruud, Becks and even Ronaldo all had bust ups with Fergie and were sold

if he comes to city, mancini can have my season ticket. The fact he has been out priced is scarring me as we all know he is greedy and city are the ones who can afford him but if they thought anythiong for the fans of the lcub they wouldnt even dare.

your right no man is bigger than the club

Im thinking spain would be a much better move!

ALEX FERGUSON has revealed Wayne Rooney wants to leave Manchester United after refusing to sign a new contract.
    Here is the full statement read out by the Old Trafford chief in front of a packed press conference.

We would like to present the facts because that is important to present the facts as we understand them.
    (Chief executive) David Gill had a preliminary talk with his agent at the end of last season and it was to be continued after the World Cup. He told me he was on his way over from Carrington and said 'I have some bad news for you.'
    His agent has intimated that he wouldn't be signing a contract and wanted away. It was a shock.
    I couldn't believe it, as in earlier discussions, as early as March, he intimated he wanted to stay and sign a long contract, he was happy at the best club in the world and I was very terribly disappointed as we couldn't quite understand it.

I had a meeting with him and he intimated to me in his own way that he wanted to leave.
    By then, we had a discussion about the whole situation and I said: 'The one thing I want from you Wayne is to honour and respect the club's position and its traditions and behave like a proper professional and we'll try and see it through.'
    Although I did say, and David Gill has intimated, there is an offer there if he is prepared to accept it. It's an offer we've never gone into any financial discussion, i.e., money wise.
    But, I know David was prepared to offer him a contract that would be difficult to better elsewhere.
    That's what we do with top players, we've no problem with that. We've been facing these problems for quite a while now.

Contract issues in the last 10 years, as probably every one knows in this room, have accelerated to become quite phenomenal.
    However, the area which has created a lot of the mystery about it is this issue with his injury.
    First of all I must tell you I've never had an argument with Wayne at any time. He got an ankle injury in the Rangers game, he was seen clearly hobbling about before half-time.
    He actually confirmed it himself in an interview with Sky. I spoke to him before the Sunderland game and my planning was, based on fact he wasn't playing that well, was to leave him out of the Sunderland game, make sure his ankle is properly prepared for the next game and give him a 10-day recovery so he could play for England.
    My hope was that with planning for England at Wembley he could recapture his form and we could kick on.
    His entry into the mixed zone at Wembley has created that next stage we have had to deal with — i.e. he said he wasn't injured.
    That was disappointing as we know full well he was carrying an injury. We sent him for a scan and that showed a minor defect in terms of the ankle injury, nothing serious, but needed treatment and he has had treatment. As we know that, no argument.
    We've got to a stage now where I feel that we still have to keep the door open to him as he is such a good player.
    We've done nothing but help him since he came to the club and that is another mystery. We've helped him with his private life and other matters.

He's not the only one that gets that privilege as we do that with all players, no matter who it is. It is part of our job here that we look after our players which creates a tremendous loyalty that has always been the foundation of our club.
    So, we're as bemused as anyone can be as we can't quite understand why he would want to leave a club that no-one can deny is one of the most successful in British football.
    We've won more than 40 trophies, reached countless cup finals, have a fantastic history, great stadium, great training arrangements, incredible romance and we don't understand it.
    I can't answer any question about why is he doing it. You can speculate and have opinions and it won't matter a dickey bird simply because the player is adamant he wants to leave.

We have to deal with the next part of that which we will do as best we can in relation to his request. I can do no more than we have said at the moment because, in my mind, we still have the door open and who knows?

Read more: http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage...#ixzz12pHSqFc8

Quote Originally Posted by Katy View Post
    if he comes to city, mancini can have my season ticket. The fact he has been out priced is scarring me as we all know he is greedy and city are the ones who can afford him but if they thought anythiong for the fans of the lcub they wouldnt even dare.

your right no man is bigger than the club

Im thinking spain would be a much better move!
    If it is not about money then Spain or Italy are best for him but I think it is about money and Man City can offer the big big bucks (more for hookers I guess)

Rooney available? Call Me!

JOSE MOURINHO is prepared to make an offer for Wayne Rooney — provided it has the blessing of Alex Ferguson.
    The Real Madrid coach has previously stated he believes wantaway striker Rooney will remain at Manchester United.

But should old pal Fergie fail to persuade the England star to stay, Mourinho admits he WOULD be interested.

He said: "He will stay. He probably wants to leave for some reason but I believe he belongs to Manchester United, he belongs to Manchester United fans, he belongs to Old Trafford. I believe he is going to stay.

"But if at the end of the day Manchester United decide that he is to leave, then give me a call. Everybody will be interested.

"But I like him, I like Sir Alex, I like Manchester United and I believe the best thing for him is to stay there for life."

Read more: http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage...#ixzz12ukyZgk6

Thanks to Vicky for my great new banner xxx
    "Maddest Member again How come I've been taking my meds"

He is not playing tonight if he was I'd say the fans would boo him off the pitch

If he really wants to go the Man U should let him. It's his funeral he will soon learn what a huge mistake he has made. Man U have two options about selling him. They could sell him to a spanish, italian club or Man city and get the money he's worth, or they could selll him to a lower division english club for a knock-down bargin and ruin his chances of keeping his place in the England squad.

Thanks to Vicky for my great new banner xxx
    "Maddest Member again How come I've been taking my meds"

Can't see him go abroad, Colleen will want to stay close to her family, especially her sister. And I don't think she will let him go by himself

Finally Mancini has come out and said that they had no contact, at the minute its media speculation and they are having a great time. we all know Rooney goes for the momey after all thats why he left everton "once a blue always a blue" remember that.

we have more than enough trouble makers and plenty of big personaltys we dont need any more. Im very happy with our strike force of King Carlos, Super Mario (when hes eventually fit) little david silva,

Manchester United forward Wayne Rooney has released a statement confirming his desire to leave Old Trafford.

The former Everton striker indicated that his decision lies in the fact that he was given no concrete proof over the ambition of the club's board and the future improvement of the playing squad.

"I met with David Gill last week and he did not give me any of the assurances I was seeking about the future squad," said Rooney.

"I then told him that I would not be signing a new contract."

Rooney also confessed his interest and surprise in the comments made by Sir Alex Ferguson in Tuesday's press conference, where the Scot revealed his "shock" and "disappointment" at the 24-year-old's decision, but the forward remains a massive fan of the manager.

"I was interested to hear what Sir Alex had to say yesterday and surprised by some of it," continued Rooney.

"It is absolutely true, as he said, that my agent and I have had a number of meetings with the club about a new contract. During those meetings in August I asked for assurances about the continued ability of the club to attract the top players in the world.

"I have never had anything but complete respect for MUFC. How could I not have done given its fantastic history and especially the last six years in which I have been lucky to play a part?

"For me it's all about winning trophies - as the club has always done under Sir Alex. Because of that I think the questions I was asking were justified."

Rooney continued to praise the Manchester United manager, speaking of the "debt" he owes to the Scot and indicating his view that Ferguson is a "genius" when it comes to managing a football club.

"Despite recent difficulties, I know I will always owe Sir Alex Ferguson a huge debt. He is a great manager and mentor who has helped and supported me from the day he signed me from Everton when I was only 18," he said.

"For Manchester United's sake I wish he could go on forever because he's a one-off and a genius."

Thread Information