Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The Primeval finale - spoilers

Have just read on the BBC website that Primeval has been axed after 3 series... HOW CAN THEY DO THIS... I appreciate that there are budgeting issues but they have finished the series with 3 characters stuck in the past and Sarah & Becker in the current day without a clue what is going on... can't they atleast do a special that shows whether this is resolved and if so, how?! Surely we deserve some proper closure and conclusion to the series.

i've just read it on the bbc site- so must be true!

This is an awful decision, surely they can't leave it the way it finished? I know it is expensive to film but can't they reduce the fees for some of the prima donnas a bit more to spend on decent drama like this.

ITV has cancelled Primeval, according to a report on Total Sci Fi.

A source close to the show's production team apparently claimed that the cult series will not return for a fourth year, despite ITV earlier denying that it had been axed.

"Basically ITV have changed their policy about drama before 9pm in that they've decided they really don't want any, at least not of the quality and cost of Primeval," the insider is quoted as saying.

They continued: "At the point where we finished the third series, we had every reason to believe we would be doing a fourth. Had we known there was any likelihood of cancellation, clearly we wouldn't have left half the cast marooned up a tree in the distant past. We can understand that some fans might be frustrated by this ending and we're sorry for that."

Addressing future plans for the franchise, the source added: "Some fans may know that there are ongoing talks for both a film and a North American series version of Primeval and if and when those projects come to fruition, we will make every effort to carry on the story in a suitable way."

ITV commented via Twitter: "Thanks for your questions about Primeval. I've checked and can confirm that there are no plans at the present time for it to return to ITV."

From DS

Im sooooo annoyed! how can they do this to us, after the last cliffhanger?

Primeval star Andrew-Lee Potts has admitted that he was "gutted" over ITV's decision to axe the show.

The 29-year-old actor, who played Connor Temple on the hit sci-fi series, revealed that he sympathises with fans who feel frustrated over the programme's cliffhanger ending.

Speaking to The Telegraph & Argus, Potts explained: "It was very disappointing. Primeval was averaging five million viewers an episode and the show has ended on a cliffhanger, with Connor and Abby and the rest lost in time.

"But we've got to roll with the punches. We were all gutted, but this is the way it is. I've played Connor for three seasons now, and we knew it wouldn't last forever.

"I feel most for the fans who have been loyal to Primeval throughout, especially the way the series ended. I'd like to thank everyone for their support."

ITV confirmed that it had cancelled Primeval last month following weeks of speculation over the programme's future.

A show insider later told Total Sci-Fi: "Had we known there was any likelihood of cancellation, clearly we wouldn't have left half the cast marooned up a tree in the distant past."

Primeval producers promised to keep the series "alive in other ways" after the decision was announced in June.

How will they manage that?

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/cult/a16...-show-axe.html

Im gutted and really annoyed! I mean at least for the fans we need one more series!

Thread Information