Page 134 of 134 FirstFirst ... 3484124132133134
Results 1,331 to 1,337 of 1337

Thread: How Was Your Day VI

Abigail your course sounds so interesting! I've always wanted to do something like forensics, but I'm too emotional.

Actually really proud of myself today, I did so many notes in College and actually understood everything that was said which has got me in the mood to do as many of my assignments as possible so I can actually relax over Christmas. The only thing letting College down at the moment is a girl in my class. We have the same name, and live in the same town haha, we sit next to each other.. but she is really starting to grate on me. I think the most part of me is just jealous of her because she has a car, and "the better Kirsty" haha.

It just gets me down because she is constantly putting me and my work down, always looking over my shoulder and telling me I'm doing something wrong. It annoys me even more when. after telling me I'm wrong, she then asks for help constantly about her own work. I also give her a lift home from College (25 minute drive) everyday, apart from when she has work, she also gets a lift to College most days too. However the other day her Dad drove her to College, and she didn't even offer a lift. I don't want to sound selfish or spoilt, but to me that's quite unfair. It's really making me unhappy.

Try to sit away from her in class and stop giving the ungrateful cow a lift. You say she has got a car, so why are you being her taxi? You are not being selfish, she is because I believe she is using you. You should not feel down and unhappy, you need to concentrate on your education without distractions.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

Kirsty :] (08-12-2009)

Oh whoops, she's learning to drive, but every opportunity she gets she drives her car to College (with her Dad in the front of course) she just has to be perfect at everything! It's difficutl to sit away from her in class as everyone has sort of got themselves into a seating plan, but I enojyed today so much because one of the girls that sits with us wasn't in so I ad my feet up on her chair and she sat another seat away. It felt nice to be able to make my own notes without feeling bad or worrying I was doing it all wrong. She even goes as far as to make snide remarks if I am late to pick her up or something and mkes me the laughing stock, at the end of the day, my Granch doesn't even have to take me to College, so he most definately doesn't have to go out of his way for her so what right does she have to say anything about whether I ma late or my Granch drives to the limit sometimes... if she doesn't like it she can get a bus, that's waht she has a bus pass for... argh I'm sorry I am just so wound up by it all.

Well, I definitely would limit the time I would spend with her, stop giving her lifts if she can use the bus. Can you start sitting away from her after Christmas or is the seating plan permanent? Sounds to me that she is not a friend if she is always slagging you or your Granch off when you are both doing her a favour You are right to feel wound up by it all but you can put an end to it by no longer being her personal slave. If she is slagging you off now, she can't do any worse by you refusing to run around after her.

Yeah that's true, I have cut down on giving her lifts. She even asked for one this morning, it;s getting beyond now, it has to stop. I do try to not get so involved with her at College, but most of our class sticks together at breaks as we all go and play pool. She's definately turning sour though.
    Thanks for the advice I own't let her distract me from my studies just to help her anymore, and I am going to rise above her

Is she giving you money for fuel? Even if you're only going round the corner to pick her up and drop off, she should still give you something towards the cost of the fuel.

I'd seriously draw the line if she's making snide remarks at your Granch. I'm sure he has far better things to be doing in a morning than picking her up. Next time she asks, tell her to get the bus. You're not a free taxi service and she shouldn't be treating you like one.
    Thanks CrazyLea

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Abigail For This Useful Post:

Kirsty :] (08-12-2009)

No, nothing. She does text me in the morning to see if I'm "getting the bus" when she knows full well that I'm having a lift... I've just stopped texting her back, as childish as that sounds. I thought I'd have got rid of all the childish people holding me back when I went to College, but no.. there's always one!

Thread Information