Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dr Who's three I dos

Dr Who's three I dos

WEDDING fever will hit Doctor Who - with three of the Timelord's former sidekicks getting hitched, TV Biz can reveal.
    They will all get wed as Who star David Tennant bows out of the show,

We previously told how all the time-travelling hero's assistants will return for Tennant's final scenes on the BBC1 sci-fi hit later this year.

Fans will see Rose Tyler - played by Billie Piper - marry the half-human clone of the Doctor in their parallel universe.

Meanwhile, Martha Jones (Freema Agyeman) - her replacement as assistant - will tie the knot with Mickey Smith (Noel Clarke).

Tennant will also make a special guest appearance in the CBBC spin-off The Sarah Jane Adventures for the wedding of his former companion Sarah Jane Smith (Elisabeth Sladen).

Executive producer Russell T Davies said: "Viewers thought they may have to wait until November for the next full episode of Doctor Who - but this is an extra special treat."

Comedian Catherine Tate, who plays sidekick Donna Noble, will also reunite with Tennant, 38, for his finale.

He will be replaced in the next series by 26-year-old Matt Smith, who will become the 11th Doctor.

A show source said: "Fans won't be disappointed by the new Doctor and they're in for a treat with the new series - which will include the return of the ultra-scary Weeping Angels."

Meanwhile, we can reveal that Tennant has signed up for even more Doctor Who episodes - as a cartoon.

The Scots star has already recorded seven new animated shorts. They will also feature his real-life girlfriend Georgia Moffett, who played the Doctor's daughter in the 2008 series.

Russell said the six-minute episodes - called Dreamland - will feature "truly exotic aliens and locations, in a beautiful, rich script full of history and imagination".

He added: "Voice recordings have already been completed - including David Tennant as the Doctor of course.

"And we're delighted to welcome Georgia Moffett back to the fold."

But Russell said the cartoon series would not see a return for the Doctor's daughter - as Georgia, 24, will be playing a brand new character called Cassie Rice.

The series - which will air on CBBC - will be the second animated Who story to star Tennant.

He appeared in The Infinite Quest two years ago.

Russell will give way to Steven Moffat as the show's lead writer and executive producer in 2010.

But he hinted at yet ANOTHER outing for Tennant as the Timelord.

He said: "With the Doctor's appearance in The Sarah Jane Adventures as special project one, and the Dreamland animation as special project two, it would be nice to round things off for Doctor Who in 2009 with a special project three. We're working on it."

Rumours abound that Russell is working on a Doctor Who movie which could star Tennant.

The Sun

Rose and human doctor

Wonder what happened/happens to Martha and that Tom Milligan? She was engaged in The Poison Sky.

Found this; there's some pictures at the bottom of the page:

http://tv.sky.com/wedding-bells-for-doctor-who

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Kim For This Useful Post:

Jojo (02-06-2009)

Jojo is offline **Debs Official Stalker**
    I was thinking the same thing Kim - Martha was engaged to him wasn't she? And where has she suddenly fallen for Micky (although I'm sure we will find out)

I almost don't want to watch, cos I know I'll be soooooo gutted at DT going, but I HAVE to watch!!

Yeah, I remember Donna calling The Doctor a prawn because she noticed Martha's ring before he did.

Quote Originally Posted by Layne View Post
    Rose and human doctor
    yes!!!

thats what I was thinking im so happy to read this

I mean have the last bittersweet ending we got which I loved I just wanted to see more

Quote Originally Posted by Jojo View Post
    I was thinking the same thing Kim - Martha was engaged to him wasn't she? And where has she suddenly fallen for Micky (although I'm sure we will find out)
    Well they did sort of leave together with captain Jack so who knows it makes sense that they got to see a lot of each other

Just had a look for more info on this. From digital spy:

However, in the new series of Torchwood - airing next month on BBC One - it is revealed that Martha is already on her honeymoon.

----

I bet they think up some sort of "I found out he was seeing my sister" kind of thing.
    Last edited by Kim; 03-06-2009 at 16:10.

What? thats dead confusing!

What about Donna marrying that guy she met when it showed her the future.

Thanks to Vicky for my great new banner xxx
    "Maddest Member again How come I've been taking my meds"

Thread Information