Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: EXCLUSIVE: Jim, Andy McDonald return to Corrie

EXCLUSIVE: Jim, Andy McDonald return to Corrie

Former Coronation Street regulars Charlie Lawson and Nicholas Cochrane are to return to Weatherfield for a "big old McDonald wedding", Digital Spy can exclusively reveal.

The duo, who play father and son Jim and Andy McDonald (below), return to filming at Manchester's Granada Studios later this month for their son and twin brother Steve's (Simon Gregson) second wedding to loudmouth barmaid Becky Granger (Katherine Kelly).

Speaking to DS, the soap's producer Kim Crowther said: "Lloyd [Mullaney] plays quite a major part in Steve's next wedding when Jim McDonald makes a reappearance. The thing that Jim gets embroiled in isn't what you'd expect, though."

She continued: "Lloyd manages to cause a rumpus at the nuptials without it all panning out as you'd think - considering Lloyd's going out with Liz, that is. Jim - and actually Andy, too - reappear, so it'll be a big old McDonald wedding."

A Corrie source added: "It's a lovely McDonald family reunion but as with all soap weddings, there's an extremely dramatic ending to the day."

Earlier this year, Steve and Becky's first wedding didn't go to plan when the blushing bride turned up at the register office in an inebriated state. The registrar subsequently refused to marry them.

Lawson briefly reprised his role as Jim at the end of 2007 for his former screen wife Liz's (Bev Callard) sham wedding to Vernon (Ian Reddington).

Cochrane, meanwhile, was last seen on the cobbles as Andy on February 20, 2004, when he left for a new life in Spain after serving as a witness at his brother's second marriage to Karen McDonald (Suranne Jones). Andy has since been cited in several scripts but has remained unseen.

Steve and Becky's "bigger and better" second nuptials are due to air in mid-August.

Brilliant news

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

alan45 (01-06-2009), Pinkbanana (01-06-2009), tammyy2j (01-06-2009)

Big Jum returning. Excellent News so it is
    Love many, trust few, always paddle your own canoe

Hope Elizabeth is thrilled too

I'm pleased Jim is returning, sooo I am! Thinking I'll start watching Corrie more often again...

Thanking the fabulous TAbbie, for the banner!

hurrah,i reckon Jim and Becky will get on like a house on fire! plus it did seem odd that he just vanished one day. quite looking forward to having Andy back too, the patter between him and Steve will be great.
    Check out my Strictly Come Dancing Blog! - The 2014 blogging has begun!

Thats great news

I hope Steve and Becky actually get hitched this time around

What about Liz is there any news of Bev returning to the street soon.

Thanks to Vicky for my great new banner xxx
    "Maddest Member again How come I've been taking my meds"

Read somewhere that she has started filming again, can't remember where though and don't know whether it is true. But they can't have a wedding with Jim and Andy but not Elizabeth

I look forward to seeing Jim as I had always hoped that he would end up with Liz again.

Coronation Street's McDonald clan have reunited for the first time in years as Charlie Lawson and Nicholas Cochrane return to filming as Jim and Andy.

Yep, the pair are back on the set of Corrie filming for Steve (Simon Gregson) and Becky's (Katherine Kelly) second attempt at getting hitched.

In true Becky Granger style, this ceremony's going to be bigger and better than the last. It won't take much doing, though, will it? Hopefully she'll be on an orange juice detox in the week prior to the wedding.

Either that or Steve keeps the champagne locked in The Rovers' cellar.

Becky may be forced to turn to the bubbly, though, when her mother-in-law from hell Liz (Bev Callard) returns from Spain in time for the wedding too...

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

lizann (24-06-2009), tammyy2j (25-06-2009)

Thread Information