Thread: H&A's first season to get repeat run on UK TV

H&A's first season to get repeat run on UK TV

DS article:

Home and Away's first season to get repeat run on UK television
    The Australian soap is marking a very special milestone.

https://www.digitalspy.com/soaps/hom...son-repeat-uk/

Home and Away's first season is set to get a repeat run in the UK on a brand new TV channel.

The iconic Australian soap is marking over 35 years on air in Britain, having initially launched in the country in February 1989 (a year after its Australian debut).

It has now been confirmed that That's TV is launching a sister channel called That's TV 2 on Freeview tomorrow (January 3), which will include Home and Away's debut season.

Also set to be broadcast on the channel are shows such as Baywatch, Humans and Prisoner: Cell Block H.

"Over the past year That's TV has reached new heights and we now have a schedule bursting with iconic TV shows from Benidorm to Shameless," said That's TV and That's TV 2's head of programming Kris Vaiksalu.

"There are so many more iconic TV shows we would love to show but we had simply run out of hours to fit them in. So I asked myself, what would Einstein do? It's been a lot of work but we're hugely excited and privileged to be launching That's TV 2 as our second archive TV channel.

"Our aim is to make it a complete nostalgia-fest with such iconic shows from the beginning as Home and Away, Humans, Prisoner Cell Block H and Baywatch. That's TV 2 does what it says on the tin ? it's a second helping of iconic TV from the That's TV team."

In other Home and Away news, Roo Stewart actress Georgie Parker recently explained why she tends to take breaks from the soap, admitting she likes the flexibility of doing other things.

"The writers have to keep writing me out of the show so I can come and go ? to do the plays and other little gigs here and there, so I don't envy them having to do that," she told TV Week.

"I think it's important, at this time in my career, that I get to explore all the options of working with people I've worked with for 40 years. So I'm very grateful I get the freedom to do both."

Home and Away returns in January 2024 on Channel 5 in the UK and Channel 7 in Australia. Selected classic episodes are available via Prime Video in the UK.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Pantherboy For This Useful Post:

Ruffed_lemur (03-01-2024)

Thread Information