Thread: Kate Keltie (Michelle Scully)

Exclamation Kate Keltie (Michelle Scully)

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

Pantherboy (28-11-2022), Ruffed_lemur (28-11-2022)

Kate Keltie has expressed her disbelief at being told she was free from cancer after being diagnosed with 'extremely aggressive' stage four breast cancer last year.

Katie, who played Michelle Scully on the show from 1999 until 2003, was given the shocking news that cancer had also spread to other areas in her body including 'lymph nodes, blood, and hip bones' back in November 2022.

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to lizann For This Useful Post:

kaz21 (10-04-2023), Pantherboy (10-04-2023), Ruffed_lemur (10-04-2023)

DS article:

Neighbours star announces character's off-screen death
    "Just to let you in on a little bit of the storyline..."

https://www.digitalspy.com/soaps/nei...-scully-death/

Neighbours spoilers follow.

Neighbours star Kate Keltie has announced the off-screen death of fan-favourite character Joe Scully, much to the shock of fans.

The actress returned to Ramsay Street as Michelle Scully this week, after leaving the show in 2004. The former Erinsborough High student visited the town to partake in the ongoing school protests ? following confirmation that the local school would be closing.

In a new video posted to Neighbours' Instagram account, Keltie revealed how things had changed since she was last on set ? including the unexpected update on her on-screen dad.

"It has been a while since I've been back on set. A lot has changed, but I'm having so much fun and it's been really amazing to catch up with lots of old friends," she began.

"It's a pretty different experience coming back years later. I'm a little bit older and when I was here I was still going through high school, so not having to juggle that is different."

Michelle notably made the move from Erinsborough to New York with her sister Flick (played by Holly Valance) nearly 20 years ago, after being accepted into a prestigious exchange programme. "She's just been having the best time of her life," Keltie continued, detailing her character's off-screen adventures.

"And she then decided to settle down. She's gotten married and she has a little boy called Joe named after her beloved father. Just to let you in on a little bit of the storyline, unfortunately, Joe Scully has passed away so he won't be making an appearance," she then revealed.

However, the shocking news wasn't announced during Michelle's return episode, leaving room for Joe to make a possible return in the future.

Teasing a possible Scully sister reunion, Keltie concluded: "Well, possibly. I definitely know one of the sisters would be up for it. I would absolutely be up for coming back again. Never say never."

Neighbours releases new episodes from Mondays to Thursdays for free on Amazon Freevee in the UK and US. In Australia, the show airs from Mondays to Thursdays at 4pm on Channel 10, with a 6.30pm repeat screening on 10 Peach.

Thread Information