Page 685 of 1217 FirstFirst ... 1855856356756836846856866876957357851185 ... LastLast
Results 6,841 to 6,850 of 12169

Thread: Emmerdale - Current Episode Discussion - III

Quote Originally Posted by vapeat View Post
    Am I the only one that does not see any chemistry between Jai and Lauren. She seems a lot older than he is. I will be glad when they find out who is doing the bullying - I hope its soon.
    No you are not, I do not see any either. I did not see any between her and Bob. It is just it seems Soap characters are not allow not to be in a relationship. The moment one ends they seem to jump into another one, with friends and family urging them on. They never seem to meet anyone from outside the village. Would be interesting to see a chart showing all relationships between the villagers. Have you noticed how often sex is openly mentioned now, Vanessa and Charity for example. It just fills out scripts and means that the writers do not need to find more interesting ideas for storylines.
    Last edited by Son of Cain; 16-12-2019 at 05:26.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Son of Cain For This Useful Post:

Perdita (16-12-2019), tammyy2j (17-12-2019)

I am already tired of Cain V Nate

4. The Following User Says Thank You to tammyy2j For This Useful Post:

lizann (19-12-2019)

Quote Originally Posted by tammyy2j View Post
    I am already tired of Cain V Nate
    Me too, and with moody Aaron and Wendy. - Altho' I fear Nate and Cain will eventually bond. I really feel Emmerdale are pushing the theme of 'foregiveness' too far. Vanessa and Tracey did not actually forgive Kerry and Amy, but they did so in as much as they did not report them to the police, and Kerry and Amy altho' expressing feelings of guilt and regret, are now carrying on as if they have forgotten what they did to poor old Frank. The idea that Cain, or Moira, would ever forgive Nate just does not seem possible, even tho' his family are now urging him to do. Likewise with Wendy expecting to be involved with her grandchild, Victoria's baby, is again unlikely. I can understand how difficult it would be for a mother to except her son is a rapist, but surely she must see how upsetting her presence in the village is.
    Haven't taken to new Ellis either, he seems to bear no resemblance to old Ellis in looks or personality.
    Last edited by Son of Cain; 19-12-2019 at 15:04.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Son of Cain For This Useful Post:

lizann (19-12-2019), Snagglepus (19-12-2019)

So the Sharma's don't know who set fire to the factory or the staff don't know who lost them their jobs and stole the charity money.
    Sent from my desktop computer using my fingers on the keyboard.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Snagglepus For This Useful Post:

Son of Cain (19-12-2019)

Quote Originally Posted by Snagglepus View Post
    So the Sharma's don't know who set fire to the factory or the staff don't know who lost them their jobs and stole the charity money.
    they all think it was frank

10. The Following User Says Thank You to lizann For This Useful Post:

Son of Cain (19-12-2019)

Quote Originally Posted by lizann View Post
    they all think it was frank
    Yes, and the Sharmas were then forced to sell out to Kim. Kerry and Kim have a lot to be sorry for, but seem now oblivious to the damage they caused. Perhaps Soaps should consider the morality and ethics of allowing established characters to get away with wrong doing so often. Does not set a good example to young viewers. The only time characters seem to be punished is when they want to leave the show, like Robert.
    Last edited by Son of Cain; 19-12-2019 at 17:10.

Quote Originally Posted by Son of Cain View Post
    Yes, and the Sharmas were then forced to sell out to Kim. Kerry and Kim have a lot to be sorry for, but seem now oblivious to the damage they caused. Perhaps Soaps should consider the morality and ethics of allowing established characters to get away with wrong doing so often. Does not set a good example to young viewers. The only time characters seem to be punished is when they want to leave the show, like Robert.
    Goes back to the question of how realistic are soaps in reflecting real life.... Never quite, I think, always have to make allowances for drama and of course, storylines need to be concluded a lot faster than some would do in real life ..... I do hope though that the truth about Frank's death will be revisited and Kerry and Amy will face judgment .. but not holding my breath!

Quote Originally Posted by Perdita View Post
    Goes back to the question of how realistic are soaps in reflecting real life.... Never quite, I think, always have to make allowances for drama and of course, storylines need to be concluded a lot faster than some would do in real life ..... I do hope though that the truth about Frank's death will be revisited and Kerry and Amy will face judgment .. but not holding my breath!
    While I don't expect them to be totally realistic in reflecting real life I do want them to be believable, recently this just not so. Even in little things, like why on earth would anyone get a 15 foot Christmas tree for their living room. Or Aaron wrap a great big bandage, that will get all soggy when he gets his hand wet, round a small cut on his hand that wasn't even bleeding much. What is wrong with an elastopast. Makes you wonder if the writers live in an alternative world.

Nate is totally deluded. He cannot understand how Cain can reject after destrying his marriage.

Quote Originally Posted by Dennis tanner View Post
    Nate is totally deluded. He cannot understand how Cain can reject after destrying his marriage.
    it takes two moira is just as much to blame even if not more

16. The Following User Says Thank You to lizann For This Useful Post:

Ruffed_lemur (20-12-2019)

Thread Information