Page 681 of 1217 FirstFirst ... 1815816316716796806816826836917317811181 ... LastLast
Results 6,801 to 6,810 of 12169

Thread: Emmerdale - Current Episode Discussion - III

Quote Originally Posted by Son of Cain View Post
    Liam would need to get a locum to cover his practice.
    They have Manpreet to cover for him

Quote Originally Posted by Perdita View Post
    They have Manpreet to cover for him
    I am sure she would be happy to do double the work and patients happy to wait longer to see a GP. Bernice could have stayed and got married and then travelled immediately after the ceremony which would have made more sense and is probably what most people would have done. An extra 12 hours or so would probably not have made much difference, and would have saved the extra expence of another wedding. If necessary Dee Dee could have travelled on her own, she did come to the UK unaccompanied, Bernice could have joined her the next day. This has likely been contrived to support some "will they won't they get married" story in the future.
    I am still puzzled why the Tates are staying in the B&B, does anyone know why?

Some of the scenes of them 'working' look like in the Tates house with dust sheets around as if they have The Men in.
    Weren't they giving the house a make over to Andrea's liking.
    Sent from my desktop computer using my fingers on the keyboard.

I am sure she would be happy to do double the work and patients happy to wait longer to see a GP. Bernice could have stayed and got married and then travelled immediately after the ceremony which would have made more sense and is probably what most people would have done. An extra 12 hours or so would probably not have made much difference, and would have saved the extra expence of another wedding. If necessary Dee Dee could have travelled on her own, she did come to the UK unaccompanied, Bernice could have joined her the next day. This has likely been contrived to support some "will they won't they get married" story in the future.
    I doubt that in real life Bernice would have got a ticket to Australia within few hours and she would need a visa which she would not have got in that short time.... I suppose if she had married Liam and then gone to Australia it would have meant a few more actors losing their jobs so this way they have jobs for a bit longer on Emmerdale..

Quote Originally Posted by Snagglepus View Post
    Some of the scenes of them 'working' look like in the Tates house with dust sheets around as if they have The Men in.
    Weren't they giving the house a make over to Andrea's liking.
    The scenes of them working I think are in an office in the yard on the site of the leisure centre, even tho' there has always been an office in the main house where Nicola used to work. I am puzzled by the dust sheets, they are there for set dressing I presume. Surely the house has enough rooms that they could continue living there during any make over.

Quote Originally Posted by Perdita View Post
    I doubt that in real life Bernice would have got a ticket to Australia within few hours and she would need a visa which she would not have got in that short time.... I suppose if she had married Liam and then gone to Australia it would have meant a few more actors losing their jobs so this way they have jobs for a bit longer on Emmerdale..
    She would not need a visa (see previous post), with internet booking nowadays I think e-tickets can be obtain almost immediately if there is a seat available. My disbelief is that Liam did not try to persuade her to go after the wedding. I presume that this story has been introduced to allow Samantha Giles time off, is she appearing in Panto?
    Last edited by Son of Cain; 30-11-2019 at 16:49.

Just checked on Goggle Samantha Giles has left Emmerdale, so presumably Bernice will choose to stay in Australia, however unlikely that would be. Surely they could have written a better exit than this.

Just checked on Goggle Samantha Giles has left Emmerdale, so presumably Bernice will choose to stay in Australia, however unlikely that would be. Surely they could have written a better exit than this.
    Maybe, but she did tell Diane the truth. Hadn't the heart to tell anyone else, she said. They ought to be told at some point though.

Quote Originally Posted by Ruffed_lemur View Post
    Maybe, but she did tell Diane the truth. Hadn't the heart to tell anyone else, she said. They ought to be told at some point though.
    The truth will come out before long when they realise she is not going to return .. maybe in the storyline they will make out that DeeDee's dad is severly disabled which means Bernice does not feel she can leave DeeDee to cope on her own with that .. which would be the right thing to do, of course.... I personally never like it much when actors want to leave a soap they have been in for many years and have a relationship and kids as it obviously means divorce or break-up and kids left without a parent ... I do appreciate though that even popular soap actors want to try other work so these storylines will always happen .. somehow the scriptwriters rarely get an exit storyline believable though ..

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

Son of Cain (30-11-2019)

Why is Marlon selling scotch eggs to recover his costs, surely if someone cancels a wedding at very short notice they are still liable for the cost of the catering and any other costs incurred. Business is business even if it is with neighbours.
    That drunken scene with Moira was horribly contrived, it did not seem real. Are we meant to feel sorry for her? I certainly don't, she has brought it all down on herself.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Son of Cain For This Useful Post:

tammyy2j (03-12-2019)

Thread Information