Page 145 of 1213 FirstFirst ... 45951351431441451461471551952456451145 ... LastLast
Results 1,441 to 1,450 of 12124

Thread: Emmerdale - Current Episode Discussion - III

emmerdale is getting a good old kicking on other sites at the mo. i may be a loan voice in the emmerdale wilderness, but im actaully enjoying it. its easy to watch, its less hammy and certainly better acted than coronation stret and i dont feel like ive been through the ringer like when ive watched eastenders.

out of the big 3 eastenders is certainly on form with out a doubt, but i dont think this will last for long.

for some reason im being drawn to emmerdale again. it may be that in both eastenders and coronation street you have superb actors and then there is a gulf and you have the not so good and then the truly awful. i dont need to name and shame we all know who they are!

emmerdale dosent have stand out performances, but what it does have is an excellent ensemble. imo that is far more important for the health and growth of a show.

coronation street will always be top of the ratings as it has the most loyal of fans and most easily pleased and for that reason alone it will out live both emmerdale and eastenders.

there is joke doing the rounds about dire hard coronation street fans, that if the end of the world was coming they would say, 'well can it wait until 8 'oclock when corrie has finished, because i'm not moving.'
    The People's Channel

In terms of acting ability the 3 main soaps are on a par IMO.

Emmerdale is the least pretentious and EE is the most pretentious.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Dennis tanner For This Useful Post:

flappinfanny (06-08-2012)

Quote Originally Posted by flappinfanny View Post
    emmerdale is getting a good old kicking on other sites at the mo. i may be a loan voice in the emmerdale wilderness, but im actaully enjoying it. its easy to watch, its less hammy and certainly better acted than coronation stret and i dont feel like ive been through the ringer like when ive watched eastenders.

out of the big 3 eastenders is certainly on form with out a doubt, but i dont think this will last for long.

for some reason im being drawn to emmerdale again. it may be that in both eastenders and coronation street you have superb actors and then there is a gulf and you have the not so good and then the truly awful. i dont need to name and shame we all know who they are!

emmerdale dosent have stand out performances, but what it does have is an excellent ensemble. imo that is far more important for the health and growth of a show.

coronation street will always be top of the ratings as it has the most loyal of fans and most easily pleased and for that reason alone it will out live both emmerdale and eastenders.

there is joke doing the rounds about dire hard coronation street fans, that if the end of the world was coming they would say, 'well can it wait until 8 'oclock when corrie has finished, because i'm not moving.'
    I completely agree!! The thing I'm liking most about Emmerdale is that it doesn't take itself too seriously ( unlike some of the folks slagging it off 24/7)! I'm not even that bothered by Laurel and Marlon or the upcoming pairing of Chas and Dan. It's just entertainment.

There is no better actress in soaps than Emma Atkins

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Dennis tanner For This Useful Post:

flappinfanny (07-08-2012), lizann (09-08-2012), sarah c (06-08-2012), tammyy2j (06-08-2012)

I'm finding the Marlon/Laurel/Rhona/Paddy storyline awfully boring

Quote Originally Posted by tammyy2j View Post
    Yeeeeeees

Quote Originally Posted by tammyy2j View Post
    Hopefully the wedding will liven things up.

Quote Originally Posted by N.Fan View Post
    I think the custody of Leo will liven things up?

Paddy will find out about Lauren being the reason Marlon is staying in the UK, Marlon gets a solicitor involved to prevent them taking leo out of the UK, and it will all be handbags at dawn....

Quote Originally Posted by N.Fan View Post
    I think the custody of Leo will liven things up?

Paddy will find out about Lauren being the reason Marlon is staying in the UK, Marlon gets a solicitor involved to prevent them taking leo out of the UK, and it will all be handbags at dawn....

I am still amazed that New Zealand wants a vet who is scared of animals

Thread Information