Page 131 of 1213 FirstFirst ... 31811211291301311321331411812316311131 ... LastLast
Results 1,301 to 1,310 of 12124

Thread: Emmerdale - Current Episode Discussion - III

Nikhill and Gennie scene was sick, disturbing, romantic and sweet all in one love them now

Freaky coincidence or what but I am on a strict diet and big health kick at the moment. I didn't realise that I hadn't eaten bread for a month. Had a sandwich today - wholemeal and took one mouthful but couldn't swallow it cos it was soooooo stodgy. Help - I think I'm turning into Nikhil!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Okay so the hour long emmerdale.

Val and Rishi / Eric and Brenda - It's starting to look like Eric is blotting out what Val did to him and starting to crave the little firecracker once more. Boredom with Brenda appears to be setting in. How long before he breaks her naive little heart? Before or after she's poked his leg with the wooden spoon?????
    Rishi's attitude gives a good insight into his two son's. Particularly Nikhil. The whole jumping to conclusions and lack of understanding of women - like father like son.

Jai and Charity. Honestly Jai - so Charity doesn't want to get huge again, she doesn't want to go into labour again and she doesn't want to commit the rest of her life to yet another little Charity offspring. Looking at Debbie and her miserable face - can you blame her??? Jai is being so selfish really. Charity could have lied to him and pretended she wanted one then just done all in a woman's power to NOT get pregnant but she didn't. She was honest with him. Basically in his eyes she can do nothing right of late. BUT had it not been for Charity, Gennie and Nikhil would be on their own and miserable. At least she helped the course of true love - unlike Chas who saw it more of an inconvenience to her own romantic plans.

The Dingles, Lisa, Zak, Sam and Belle and the honorary Dingle nurse. Hoping things start to settle for them soon as we need a little light relief in that quarter. Poor Marlon is the only Dingle with a sense of humour at the moment.

Bridezilla and Paddy - some nice light relief from these tonight with a dash of Marlon and Nicola to add to the mix. YEYYYYY Nicola is back and we had a little tiny cough and you miss it Nicolaism too.

Nikhil and Gennie - well these two are like buses - you don't see neither hide nor hair of em for weeks then they are everywhere - and I love it.
    Lots of awww factor from them tonight.
    Awww a fluffy toy for baby
    Awww Nikhil standing up for himself and Gennie by shutting up the two grandmothers to be and Val.
    Awww Nikhil bending over backwards to make everything perfect for her.
    Awww a long engagement.
    Awww Asking Gennie to move in
    Awww Nikhil allowing Gennie to take over most of his wardrobe
    Awww scan time soon and a piccie of little sharma/walker

If the above had been anyone else I think I might have thrown up but it kind of works with these characters and the way they have developed. Also - how humungous is Gennie all of a sudden. It appears that as soon as she agreed to marry Nikhil she put on tons of weight. I have a theory that when Nikhil trashed her place the other night with the food everywhere - I think while Nikhil slept off his delirium - Gennie hoovered up the mess - with her mouth!

And finally:
    Jai and Charity argue - Rachel (who I have never seen clean the factory before) listens to the row like some kind of secret agent. She does have a tendancy to lurk. I think she might even have the potential to be a bunny boiler. We'll see shall we?????

What a lovely week this has been in Emmerdale - I only wish it could continue in such vein but I feel we haven't quite done with Chas and Cameron's yawning shall we shan't we saga. OH JOY
    Last edited by suzewebb; 29-06-2012 at 00:44.

4. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to suzewebb For This Useful Post:

alan45 (29-06-2012), Dennis tanner (29-06-2012), Glen1 (29-06-2012), lizann (29-06-2012), Perdita (29-06-2012), tammyy2j (29-06-2012)

How excellent to see the return of the wonderful Trudie Goodwin to Emmerdale tonight. She's looking better than eer. How I loved her cutting remarks to Val and Brenda.

The blessed St June of Sun Hill
    Love many, trust few, always paddle your own canoe

Quote Originally Posted by suzewebb View Post
    Okay so the hour long emmerdale.

Val and Rishi / Eric and Brenda - It's starting to look like Eric is blotting out what Val did to him and starting to crave the little firecracker once more. Boredom with Brenda appears to be setting in. How long before he breaks her naive little heart? Before or after she's poked his leg with the wooden spoon?????
    Rishi's attitude gives a good insight into his two son's. Particularly Nikhil. The whole jumping to conclusions and lack of understanding of women - like father like son.

Jai and Charity. Honestly Jai - so Charity doesn't want to get huge again, she doesn't want to go into labour again and she doesn't want to commit the rest of her life to yet another little Charity offspring. Looking at Debbie and her miserable face - can you blame her??? Jai is being so selfish really. Charity could have lied to him and pretended she wanted one then just done all in a woman's power to NOT get pregnant but she didn't. She was honest with him. Basically in his eyes she can do nothing right of late. BUT had it not been for Charity, Gennie and Nikhil would be on their own and miserable. At least she helped the course of true love - unlike Chas who saw it more of an inconvenience to her own romantic plans.

The Dingles, Lisa, Zak, Sam and Belle and the honorary Dingle nurse. Hoping things start to settle for them soon as we need a little light relief in that quarter. Poor Marlon is the only Dingle with a sense of humour at the moment.

Bridezilla and Paddy - some nice light relief from these tonight with a dash of Marlon and Nicola to add to the mix. YEYYYYY Nicola is back and we had a little tiny cough and you miss it Nicolaism too.

Nikhil and Gennie - well these two are like buses - you don't see neither hide nor hair of em for weeks then they are everywhere - and I love it.
    Lots of awww factor from them tonight.
    Awww a fluffy toy for baby
    Awww Nikhil standing up for himself and Gennie by shutting up the two grandmothers to be and Val.
    Awww Nikhil bending over backwards to make everything perfect for her.
    Awww a long engagement.
    Awww Asking Gennie to move in
    Awww Nikhil allowing Gennie to take over most of his wardrobe
    Awww scan time soon and a piccie of little sharma/walker

If the above had been anyone else I think I might have thrown up but it kind of works with these characters and the way they have developed. Also - how humungous is Gennie all of a sudden. It appears that as soon as she agreed to marry Nikhil she put on tons of weight. I have a theory that when Nikhil trashed her place the other night with the food everywhere - I think while Nikhil slept off his delirium - Gennie hoovered up the mess - with her mouth!

And finally:
    Jai and Charity argue - Rachel (who I have never seen clean the factory before) listens to the row like some kind of secret agent. She does have a tendancy to lurk. I think she might even have the potential to be a bunny boiler. We'll see shall we?????

What a lovely week this has been in Emmerdale - I only wish it could continue in such vein but I feel we haven't quite done with Chas and Cameron's yawning shall we shan't we saga. OH JOY
    A good read !

Quote Originally Posted by alan45 View Post
    How excellent to see the return of the wonderful Trudie Goodwin to Emmerdale tonight. She's looking better than eer. How I loved her cutting remarks to Val and Brenda.

The blessed St June of Sun Hill
    And you know what - when she plays Georgia I expect her to nick someone any minute. There is a fine line between her portrayal of Sgt Ackland and her portrayal of Georgia Sharma - that fine that it's invisible!!!!!!!!!!!
    Last edited by suzewebb; 29-06-2012 at 07:06.

Gennie's bump got very big

Quote Originally Posted by suzewebb View Post
    And you know what - when she plays Georgia I expect her to nick someone any minute. There is a fine line between her portrayal of Sgt Ackland and her portrayal of Georgia Sharma - that fine that it's invisible!!!!!!!!!!!
    That's why she wanted to call Nikhill....Sunhill...

The story line about Rishi and Georgia is boring,why do they have to go to Jai's house everytime they are having marriage problems,and they shouldn't be stressing Genie out in her condition.

Tonight on Emmerdale

Marlon and Paddy found their relationship had been taken to a whole new level while at Declan's house. The nondescript son of Megan make a comment which led to a classic line "Do I look like a gay Grandad?" Nicola was OF COURSE in earshot for this and as always gave her two penneth. Also loved it when Paddy was feeling sorry for himself and his increasing old age then said he was going to check on his step child only to find he needed a push to get off the sofa. Bless.

Laurel and Sandy storyline was a bit nondescript really. It must be leading somewhere I guess. Only time will tell - Only time and the script will tell.

Lisa and the loan sharks. Oooo aren't they a gruesome twosome NOT. I have seen scarier men in the local branch of my high street bank! Even Belle could take them on. She did it with Nikhil and she could do it with them! For crying out loud scriptwriters - give Lisa something to smile about for once. She has been a right grumpy, miseryguts for a year or so now and it's wearing thin. She's even more miserable than Debbie - and I never thought that level of misery existed...except in Eastenders where it thrives.

Rishi and Georgia - separate, take a break, divorce - who cares! But please - if one of them has to stay in the village let it be Georgia. For one her relationship with the two boys is more interesting. Also - Rishi is dull, boring, lacklustre and more wooden than the horse in the 7.30 at Troy!

The Scan photo - gets it's own category. Awww Nikhil asking his family who would like a copy of the photograph and then when no-one offered he seemed so offended - bless. Nice to see he hasn't changed completely overnight though with his obsession with ensuring Gennie has enough water for the scan - in fact I believe if he could have disconnected and reconnected the kitchen sink - he would have taken that instead.

Nikhil and Gennie (or Lara Croft as I now think of her "Thanks for that Charity!") - his family are a selfish bunch and it was proven more tonight than at any other time. No-one was really in his corner. When you consider that he is going through the most amazing, settled and happy times of his life when he has achieved something no-one thought he would, his family have been a constant let down. Priya is just relieved she is off the hook - a vacuous individual anyway. Rishi and Georgia are far more concerned with one upmanship and point scoring and Jai, the one who should have been there for Nikhil is clearly resentful and bitter. I bet if Jai had been the expectant father things would be so very different all round. It was nice to see bits of Nikhil and Gennie tonight cos I hadn't expected to see them at all. I thought the scriptwriters would think they had had their episode run for a few months. Thanks for the unexpected pleasure of the cutest couple in soap.

Charity and Jai - I initially felt for Jai but now am firmly in camp Charity. Obviously Jai has always got what he wanted in life (except for Mia) but he is behaving like a petulant child. Good on Charity for sticking to her guns over this. It's almost as if Nikhil and Jai are swapping roles in the content and secure, confident stakes.

The last scenes - Rachel and Jai.
    Forget all the kissing bits which felt quite awkward and sooooo very wrong. When they were getting drunk I thought they were great and these two characters really should get drunk more often. Especially loved Rachel's likening Nikhil to CP30. Classic. Rachel us a character with potential for a lot of humour and I am gutted there isn't a Rachel and Marlon or Rachel and David pairing on the horizon cos they are two very funny characters and would bring out the fun Rachel.

All in all this was quite a good episode with lots of variety of light and shade. Finally got Mum hooked on Emmerdale cos she never realised a soap could be funny too - she's always been on the dark side or BBC1 Eastenders to use it's other name. Now she is an Emmerdalian in training. Hooray!

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to suzewebb For This Useful Post:

alan45 (02-07-2012), Dennis tanner (30-06-2012)

Thread Information