Page 1103 of 1222 FirstFirst ... 10360310031053109311011102110311041105111311531203 ... LastLast
Results 11,021 to 11,030 of 12219

Thread: Emmerdale - Current Episode Discussion - III

Quote Originally Posted by Son of Cain View Post
    Why would Laurel take her suitcase from the taxi and pay it off when she got to Colin's house. It should only have taken a few minutes to collect the passport, if Colin was at home. It he was not she would have to call another taxi and wait for it to arrive.

Colin said he had been fired from his job as a councillor, being a councillor is not a job it is an elected position, for which they can claim expenses but do not get paid a salary.

Another poorly written contrived situation.
    All true.

Laurel is a fool. She should have told them to go on holiday to Blackpool.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Dennis tanner For This Useful Post:

katie hunter (08-08-2023)

Exclamation

Why would Laurel take her suitcase from the taxi and pay it off when she got to Colin's house. It should only have taken a few minutes to collect the passport, if Colin was at home. It he was not she would have to call another taxi and wait for it to arrive.

Colin said he had been fired from his job as a councillor, being a councillor is not a job it is an elected position, for which they can claim expenses but do not get paid a salary.

I thought that was very strange that Laurel let the taxi go.

Wouldn't it have been easier if Marshall simply ordered a replacement passport?

4. The Following User Says Thank You to katie hunter For This Useful Post:

lizann (09-08-2023)

Quote Originally Posted by katie hunter View Post

Expecting Colin to co-operate was very silly.

It's sadly the same with all soaps. Some luvvie thinks up an outlandish storyline in some upmarket wine-bar over lunch. Realism doesn't enter into the equation nor do they think of a realistic outcome.

In Dan's case real police would never have taken him to court so soon especially when the victim was at deaths door in a coma. They would have waited until they had a more definite prognosis about the chances of the victim.
    Love many, trust few, always paddle your own canoe

7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to alan45 For This Useful Post:

johntrevor (09-08-2023), lizann (09-08-2023), Son of Cain (09-08-2023)

Quote Originally Posted by katie hunter View Post

i thought the same about a replacement

Quote Originally Posted by lizann View Post
    i thought the same about a replacement
    Takes months these days to get a replacement... Civil Servants went on strike for 5 weeks earlier this year, if I remember correctly...

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

Son of Cain (09-08-2023)

Quote Originally Posted by alan45 View Post
    It's sadly the same with all soaps. Some luvvie thinks up an outlandish storyline in some upmarket wine-bar over lunch. Realism doesn't enter into the equation nor do they think of a realistic outcome.

In Dan's case real police would never have taken him to court so soon especially when the victim was at deaths door in a coma. They would have waited until they had a more definite prognosis about the chances of the victim.
    The Police act on the instructions of the CPS. Getting an early plea to GBH without intent is a bit sly really.

Quote Originally Posted by Dennis tanner View Post
    The Police act on the instructions of the CPS. Getting an early plea to GBH without intent is a bit sly really.
    Things have obviously changed since my young day. Emmerdale "justice" must move at lightening speed. Local peelers must have a very big workload.
    Love many, trust few, always paddle your own canoe

Quote Originally Posted by Perdita View Post
    Takes months these days to get a replacement... Civil Servants went on strike for 5 weeks earlier this year, if I remember correctly...
    miracles happen there, look at the hospital survival rates, miracle recovery speeds

Amelia didn't take much convincing to leave Noah behind. The kidnap has already gone on for too long.

Thread Information