Page 618 of 1205 FirstFirst ... 1185185686086166176186196206286687181118 ... LastLast
Results 6,171 to 6,180 of 12041

Thread: Emmerdale - Current Episode Discussion - III

Isle of Widget.. well used to be more Southampton ish for now
    I do love a good old meh in a thread

So still no narrative about Andy, the guy may be on the lamb but you'd think he would get in contact with his kids some how.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Splashy For This Useful Post:

mrfreeman (15-08-2018)

Quote Originally Posted by Splashy View Post

So still no narrative about Andy, the guy may be on the lamb but you'd think he would get in contact with his kids some how.
    I think given the situation behind it, we just have to accept it. In a few years we might get a recast - but until then we should just handwave it away.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to mrfreeman For This Useful Post:

Splashy (16-08-2018)

Quote Originally Posted by Splashy View Post

They could recast the role of Andy if Kelvin will not return even for a brief appearance, how many Roberts has been on the show
    Last edited by tammyy2j; 15-08-2018 at 15:24.

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to tammyy2j For This Useful Post:

lizann (15-08-2018), Perdita (15-08-2018), Splashy (16-08-2018)

don't worry jakey, leyla will return with davy junior

15/08/2018

Debbie and Sarah: Jesus, just... Jesus. This is just sad. Well played to Charley Webb and Katie Hill.
    Jacob: This character is consistently immature, broody and overly emotional - a complete contrast to his appearance, demeanour and presence.
    Faith: Is kidnapping in the Dingle genome?
    Tracey: Your continued emotional involvement with the child of your ex is deeply unsettling, you are not his mother.
    Ross: It is highly risky to discuss your less than legal affairs with your son, stop.

The strongest aspect of this episode is the emotional gut punch of Sarah, Debbie and Faith. All these other elements, Frank and Megan, David and Jacob and Maya, this is all just dead weight on the skeleton of an episode that would have stood taller - shone brighter - if it had focused exclusively on the Sarah storyline.

Good but unfortunately corrupted by loose skin

charley webb's acting is awful

faith takes sarah to an old dirty boozer why?

10. The Following User Says Thank You to lizann For This Useful Post:

mrfreeman (15-08-2018)

Quote Originally Posted by lizann View Post
    charley webb's acting is awful

faith takes sarah to an old dirty boozer why?
    Can't say I agree with you on the first point.

As for your second point, I suppose it was the least condescending way to do it. She could have taken Sarah to a theme park, or a zoo - but taking her to a grimy, miserable pub sorta sprinkles this interaction with a touch of authenticity. Maybe its just me.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to mrfreeman For This Useful Post:

Ruffed_lemur (17-08-2018)

Quote Originally Posted by Perdita View Post
    Where is the drama in that ???
    Been thinking about your question: Apart from realism. Lauchlan would have been found out and caught. Belle would have been devastated and perhaps had a relapse. Bossy, nosey, interferring busybody Lydia would have been able to say 'I knew there was something not right about that Lauchlan'. - In my opinion much more dramatic than dragging out 'The Prisoner in the Woods' story awhile longer.
    Talking of realism did Rebecca never need to go to the toilet during her ordeal. if she did, she would have had to removed her jeans and realized that she could probably have slipped out of the chain a lot earlier, while Lauchlan was away in Ireland, so no need to be running through the woods. The idea that someone who had been held prisioner in a hut in the woods would give up trying to escape because they could not open the door is ridiculous, why did she not smash the window, slatted wooden shutters would not bar the road to freedom. I don't think she knew when Lauchlan was returning so she could have been standing behind the door frying pan in hand for weeks. Don't get me started on how when she tripped and fell over running through the woods she just happened to hit her head on that conveniently placed rock and got knocked unconscious. - No! on the whole I think much more daramatic if she had escaped.
    Last edited by Son of Cain; 16-08-2018 at 09:26.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Son of Cain For This Useful Post:

Perdita (16-08-2018), Splashy (17-08-2018)

Quote Originally Posted by Son of Cain View Post
    Been thinking about your question: Apart from realism. Lauchlan would have been found out and caught. Belle would have been devastated and perhaps had a relapse. Bossy, nosey, interferring busybody Lydia would have been able to say 'I knew there was something not right about that Lauchlan'. - In my opinion much more dramatic than dragging out 'The Prisoner in the Woods' story awhile longer.
    Talking of realism did Rebecca never need to go to the toilet during her ordeal. if she did, she would have had to removed her jeans and realized that she could probably have slipped out of the chain a lot earlier, while Lauchlan was away in Ireland, so no need to be running through the woods. The idea that someone who had been held prisioner in a hut in the woods would give up trying to escape because they could not open the door is ridiculous, why did she not smash the window, slatted wooden shutters would not bar the road to freedom. I don't think she knew when Lauchlan was returning so she could have been standing behind the door frying pan in hand for weeks. Don't get me started on how when she tripped and fell over running through the woods she just happened to hit her head on that conveniently placed rock and got knocked unconscious. - No on the whole I think much more daramatic if she had escaped.
    Put like that I agree !!

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

Son of Cain (16-08-2018), Splashy (17-08-2018)

Strange how in films and on tv, people are locked up somewhere for days and the toilet needs are never addressed ...

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

Son of Cain (16-08-2018), Splashy (17-08-2018)

Thread Information